Ruby Princess question, use of area outside of Share

#1Nanna

It gets roped off on occasion, sometimes for obvious reasons, other times for no apparent reason. Easiest way there is through Adagio Bar, though you can get up to it from the aft area on 15, and also by coming down from 17 (can't remember how accessible that was though).

That section outside of Share was always open whenever I went by it. My wife liked to sit out there and read on occasion. It looked like it should be outside seating for Share, but I never saw it used that way:

32368361676_082c5ce267_c.jpg

31565332594_a3ce290b9a_c.jpg

26493497272_fca61434d2_c.jpg

When we were on the Crown a few years back this area was classified as an outdoor smoking area. That was bad enough, but some guests ignored the cigar rules and would light up there and smoke out the entire area, even on the decks below.

We were on the Ruby last November and no smoking was allowed there and it was a much more pleasant area to hang out in.

We just cruised on Ruby in January 2018.

The area has new furniture. They are wicker inspired and the chairs are super comfortable. The curve of the back makes an excellent head support when you fall asleep. We enjoyed most days there. I just found a quick 8 second video I took that shows the area and the chairs. Check it out on youtube: https://youtu.be/NOv-cP-3uNo. Hope that link works!

That section outside of Share was always open whenever I went by it. My wife liked to sit out there and read on occasion. It looked like it should be outside seating for Share, but I never saw it used that way:

32368361676_082c5ce267_c.jpg

31565332594_a3ce290b9a_c.jpg

26493497272_fca61434d2_c.jpg

Holy Cow! I have been on this ship many times and have never walked up there. Had no idea it was so nice.

The area has new furniture. They are wicker inspired and the chairs are super comfortable. The curve of the back makes an excellent head support when you fall asleep. We enjoyed most days there. I just found a quick 8 second video I took that shows the area and the chairs. Check it out on youtube: https://youtu.be/NOv-cP-3uNo. Hope that link works!

Thanks for your feedback. I would love to see your YouTube video but I am not seeing the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

regarding smoking....look at the photos and you can see there is a standing sign, on a few of our cruises on ruby class ships, that sign said smoking area....but in the last year and on our recent Emerald cruise the smoking area sign or rope off was not there. However in these photos it looks like it might be a private party...can't read what is on the sign....

It is a beautiful area a few years ago when we had an inside cabin on Rivera and had tea delivered, we took it up to the area, spread out the table cloth and had a feast. I will say the area can be chilly as it generally does not receive direct sun, probably reason it is not occupied to often. Also only way to enter it is outside stairs or thru Adigo's Bar...walk all the way through at the very end a push glass door.

Edited by land lover

• 3 months later...

I was on the Ruby last month and unfortunately it does not have the wicker furniture. It looks just like the posted pictures in this thread. Perhaps you are thinking of the Grand or the Emerald Princess? They do indeed have the wicker chairs and sofas. One side is designated for non-smoking and the other side is smoking.

I was on the Ruby last month and unfortunately it does not have the wicker furniture. It looks just like the posted pictures in this thread. Perhaps you are thinking of the Grand or the Emerald Princess? They do indeed have the wicker chairs and sofas. One side is designated for non-smoking and the other side is smoking.

This video is from the Ruby Princess Jan 2018 - New Years Eve cruise.

Regardless of the furniture it is still a fantastic spot.

Good to hear about the Grand and Emerald.

That area is beautiful and I can't wait to look for it! One question I have- 3KidsnCats up above mentioned getting breakfast from the buffet and taking it outside. That is an amazing idea! Can you easily bring food and dishes from the buffet area out to the decks? I have not been on a cruise since 2007 and that was Carnival.. I can't remember if I saw people bringing food/dishes out of the restaurant areas to other parts of the ship, but if this is something we can do, I plan on having most breakfasts and lunches outside.

That area is beautiful and I can't wait to look for it! One question I have- 3KidsnCats up above mentioned getting breakfast from the buffet and taking it outside. That is an amazing idea! Can you easily bring food and dishes from the buffet area out to the decks? I have not been on a cruise since 2007 and that was Carnival.. I can't remember if I saw people bringing food/dishes out of the restaurant areas to other parts of the ship, but if this is something we can do, I plan on having most breakfasts and lunches outside.

Ruby has an adult only spot just outside the buffet. I love eating there.