Tap shoes

shipgeeks

On two of our three Cunard voyages, tap dance classes were held. They were well attended, and many of the passengers wore their tap shoes. (I never thought to pack mine!)

Is this usual? What about on world voyages?

I have only ever seen tap dancing on QE once on a world cruise

segment. It was run by a passenger, not cruise staff. This was in January.

However, be warned. Tap dancing is not the best thing to partake in on board a ship. I attended tap classes on another cruise line run by the cruise director, we had to wear tap shoes. The seas were not calm. I fell and had an awful accident. I was medi- vacced off the ship. It cost me £30.000 in bills and I lost a years income and a year out of my life.

I have only ever seen tap dancing on QE once on a world cruise

segment. It was run by a passenger, not cruise staff. This was in January.

However, be warned. Tap dancing is not the best thing to partake in on board a ship. I attended tap classes on another cruise line run by the cruise director, we had to wear tap shoes. The seas were not calm. I fell and had an awful accident. I was medi- vacced off the ship. It cost me £30.000 in bills and I lost a years income and a year out of my life.

Hi Maggie...that sounds like there could be a book in that story! ;p

We were on PandO Arcadia several years ago and tap lessons were on the daily schedule, they were very well attended and taught by a crew member. It was hard dancing without my tap shoes and I wished I had taken them with me. I believe it still happens as my friend was on the same boat last year and actually showed Aliaz from Strictly some tap moves.

We were on QV about 5 years ago on a 2 week med cruise from Southampton. On 6 of the sea days there was a course of dance classes, inc tap and ballet and other modern dance styles like jazz ballet. A different dance for each class. It was taken by Imogen who then went on to become Social Hostess on QM2. She was very good and the class was very popular. We all got a certificate on the last day. It was held in Hemispheres and it was a bit wobbly on the day we crossed the BOB.

I've been taking my ballet shoes ever since but have never seen anything like it since. I even mentioned it to Imogen on a TA on QM2. I would love to do it again.

Ha ha, yes I remember that cruise very well. It was listed in the daily programme as something like " So you want to dance" !

I ended up ( after encouragement from Imogen ) to check out the Yellow Pages in my area and join a local dance studio.

To cut a long story short, I'm just about to enter in my first 'big dance competition' next month, ballroom & latin ( over 50+ I may add ;)) at Blackpool ! (Nov 5th istd)

Thank you Cunard for getting me started in the first place .:)