Have you used the Mobile Passport app @ Port Everglades?

p010ne

(yn)It is a bit tricky to capture a passport! That bottom info on the passport has to align with the blue stripe, you have to know the dock number of the pier, and has to be within the 4 hours!(yn)

It was not working correctly last Sat (48) hrs ago.when we competed entire long line of waiting passengers. It maybe speeded us up a minute or so. Custom officer said it showed on his records I used it.. Would hope next time we would have special line, think they were using it for crew

We tried to use it coming back into Port Everglades. The first problem was that the system wanted all our setup and entry information (again), then after all that was completed it informed me I had to update the app on my phone.

Updated app, then it wanted us to enter ALL the identification information again. OK, did that. Then went to complete the Mobile Passport entry and after all the forms were done THEN it told us the system was down today. All this while we were waiting on the stern deck of Royal Princess in order to get cell coverage.

So our one experience was really irritating. Lessons learned:

1. update the app just before sailing

2. Keep those passports handy and immigration paper form filled out as a backup for when their system goes on the fritz. (technical term)

I hope it works for our next cruise.

We've used it twice and it has worked great. We zipped out of the terminal quickly when everyone else was in very long lines. Just make sure you scan your passport and complete the rest of the information ahead of time. The app should keep this info. Then on the morning you arrive complete the customs info for your cruise. Very easy!

Yes. Works perfectly.

Good luck.

(yn)It is a bit tricky to capture a passport! That bottom info on the passport has to align with the blue stripe, you have to know the dock number of the pier, and has to be within the 4 hours!(yn)

Probably a stupid question but how do you find out the dock number of the pier?

You have to input the info within four hours before you dock or after?

Probably a stupid question but how do you find out the dock number of the pier?

You have to input the info within four hours before you dock or after?

:ship:I fear I may have misspoke, I think it is only the pier that you have to tell the app!:ship:

We have Global Entry cards (called GOES for short). There were people in a separate line next to us as we disembarked that had used the mobile app. They were having all kinds of problems getting it to load for the agent to see. I'm not sure if it was a cell phone problem or an app problem, but we passed them up and were out at the curb right away.

I know of a lot of people that really like the app and use it often without problems. If you don't want to go with GOES, then this is a cheaper option if all goes well.

We used it last March and it wasn't good-Not sure if it was because it was new or what, but we did the mobile passport thing plus they still checked our passports and collected the cards making the process twice as long- People in the regular lines we going a lot faster than we were.

At some airports they use the same line for both Global and Mobil. They do that at JFK and Mobil is faster because you don't have to stop the the kiosk.

Does terminal 2 at Port Everglades have the same line for both or separate?

Did terminal 2 get Global kiosk's, they did not have them last season?

Regardless I need to setup Mobile Password as a back up to my Global Entry but I was looking for incentive here to do so.