Jade Haven ???

deeko

Hello. We are booked in an SF suite aft for an upcoming cruise on the Jade out of Miami.

The itinerary was very affected by the hurricanes of last year.

I've just been sent the possibility of an upgrade to a Haven suite. We have been in the Haven 3 times on Epic.

I cannot see any reference to a Haven Restaurant on the Jade. So my queries are

1 Is there a Haven restaurant on the Jade?

2 If not where is dinner taken? Breakfast and Lunch were in Cagneys the last time we were on the Jade in an SF suite.

Thanks for your help in deciding if an upgrade is worth the money.......I know someone will have been in the Haven on the Jade since the refurb.

All help appreciated

Deeko

There is not an haven restaurant on the Jade. As you mention, there is a suite breakfast/lunch option in Modernos and Cagneys but for dinner you only have the regular options everyone else has, with the bonus of having the concierge make reservations for you if you want.

Here is a link to a video found on youtube showing the refreshed Jade after her update. At 12:51 into the video there is a tour of the Haven on the Jade.

Would you mind sharing the bid minimums to go from SF suite on your sailing to Haven suites?

Thank you.

Quick question, we also got the bid to upgrade email today for our Jade cruise in March. We are currently in a balcony cabin and might be interested in bidding on a Non Haven Suite. Do these suites get all the same perks as the Haven suites minus the Haven access?

If you have been in the haven on the Epic I don’t think you will like the Jade. We were in the haven on the Breakaway and then the Gem. No comparison. Did not like the Gems haven. There is no haven restaurant on the Gem or Jade. No haven lounge or bar. No concierges desk on Jade or Gem. The courtyard is smaller. I would only do haven again on the mega ships not the smaller ones. Just my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question, we also got the bid to upgrade email today for our Jade cruise in March. We are currently in a balcony cabin and might be interested in bidding on a Non Haven Suite. Do these suites get all the same perks as the Haven suites minus the Haven access?

Yes, full suites with category designation starting with S (rather than M for mini-suite) receive all the usual NCL

suite perks. You don't know how many times I watched your video on two bedroom suite .... love all your videos.

Yes you get everything but access to the Haven...Everything else is the same on the Jewell class ships, for suites and haven...

If you have been in the haven on the Epic I don’t think you will like the Jade. We were in the haven on the Breakaway and then the Gem. No comparison. Did not like the Gems haven. There is no haven restaurant on the Gem or Jade. No haven lounge or bar. No concierges desk on Jade or Gem. The courtyard is smaller. I would only do haven again on the mega ships not the smaller ones. Just my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input. We've stayed in several NCL suites but never in a Haven suite. We're booked in Jade forward facing 10500 with bump out living room and good sized balcony with nice shaded area from the bridge. We've wanted to stay in this stateroom for a long time and were able to book it outright for a reasonable price by NCL standards so will probably just stay where we are and be happy :)

Yes, full suites with category designation starting with S (rather than M for mini-suite) receive all the usual NCL

suite perks. You don't know how many times I watched your video on two bedroom suite .... love all your videos.

Thank you! :hearteyes:

Hi all.

Thanks for all your thoughts. Just in from another New Year party so sorry for delay 23.30 here in Spain.

Everything has been very helpful.

The SF suites on the Jade 3 times now have given us so much eg breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, butler service and priority this and that I think we'll stay put!!

I think the upgrade to say an H4 was about £1400 sterling. Of course a bid is possible.

Given the premium plus advantages already it would be difficult to justify the extra.

We'll probably take some "day passes" in Grand Cayman or elsewhere.

We are booked to come back from USA to Europe on Epic in the Haven and can easily justify that difference in price. With the Haven restaurant the "speciality" restaurants are really not needed.

Hope all goes well for you all in your own planning.

Anyone on the 23 March ex Miami Jade cruise. We are sorry to miss St Thomas. The ABC islands don't hold as much interest for us as the original itinerary. However the tragic results of the Hurricane were shocking for so many in the area.

I still think that perhaps NCL were a bit quick off the mark to change so much so soon.

Again my appreciation for all replies.

Deeko

Hi all.

Thanks for all your thoughts. Just in from another New Year party so sorry for delay 23.30 here in Spain.

Everything has been very helpful.

The SF suites on the Jade 3 times now have given us so much eg breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, butler service and priority this and that I think we'll stay put!!

I think the upgrade to say an H4 was about £1400 sterling. Of course a bid is possible.

Given the premium plus advantages already it would be difficult to justify the extra.

We'll probably take some "day passes" in Grand Cayman or elsewhere.

We are booked to come back from USA to Europe on Epic in the Haven and can easily justify that difference in price. With the Haven restaurant the "speciality" restaurants are really not needed.

Hope all goes well for you all in your own planning.

Anyone on the 23 March ex Miami Jade cruise. We are sorry to miss St Thomas. The ABC islands don't hold as much interest for us as the original itinerary. However the tragic results of the Hurricane were shocking for so many in the area.

I still think that perhaps NCL were a bit quick off the mark to change so much so soon.

Again my appreciation for all replies.

Deeko

We made the best of the revised Jade itinerary although would never have booked that itinerary as we'd been to A&C several times. Enjoyed Jamaica although it was one we wouldn't have chosen. Not much to do in Grand Cayman. Entertainment was okay although not as good as previous cruises on the Jade. Seems like NCL changed whole cruise season, not just months immediately after hurricane as we were. Enjoy your special cabin and cruise!

Thanks HokieP

I agree re the ABC islands. We went to a beach on Aruba last time we were there. Bonaire has not much to commend it. Anyway a cruise is a cruise!!

We would have loved the original itinerary but what the heck!!

we had flights booked from Europe and hotels in Miami........so we look forward to March.

Thanks for your reply

Deeko

We will be in Jade Haven on our March cruise in a courtyard penthouse. Even though there is no haven bar or restaurant, we still want to have the experience. Upgrade bid to owners suite ( which is now sold out) at another $500 pp is too steep for us. The cabin we chose looks really nice. If anyone is interested, I can report back if I thought it was worth staying in the haven or not.

Hi Janice,

Sorry for delayed reply. Still big New Year activity here in Spain. The Three Kings Arrive today. Today is the big time for childrens presents!

You will enjoy the Haven and will have a great time.

You will be hooked and next time on eg Epic you will love it even more. Happy cruising. Is it the March 23rd cruise???

Bon voyage

Deeko

Hi,

Sounds like I am on a similar itinerary in 3 weeks. I understand about making the best of the changes.I was outvoted by fellow travelers as to canceling, so I am trying to muster up some enthusiasm.

Would you mind telling me what you did in Jamaica? I'm not a fan, but maybe I am missing something.

Any noteworthy experiences/things you could pass along would be very much appreciated.

We made the best of the revised Jade itinerary although would never have booked that itinerary as we'd been to A&C several times. Enjoyed Jamaica although it was one we wouldn't have chosen. Not much to do in Grand Cayman. Entertainment was okay although not as good as previous cruises on the Jade. Seems like NCL changed whole cruise season, not just months immediately after hurricane as we were. Enjoy your special cabin and cruise!

Thanks HokieP

I agree re the ABC islands. We went to a beach on Aruba last time we were there. Bonaire has not much to commend it. Anyway a cruise is a cruise!!

We would have loved the original itinerary but what the heck!!

we had flights booked from Europe and hotels in Miami........so we look forward to March.

Thanks for your reply

Deeko

If you find yourself in Bonaire again may I suggest a guided sailing and snorkel trip with Woodwind. Ours was absolutely the best excursion we've done on any of our cruises. They have two sailings a day for cruisers. People from our roll call thread booked up both sailings and I think everyone had a wonderful time.

Hi Janice,

Sorry for delayed reply. Still big New Year activity here in Spain. The Three Kings Arrive today. Today is the big time for childrens presents!

You will enjoy the Haven and will have a great time.

You will be hooked and next time on eg Epic you will love it even more. Happy cruising. Is it the March 23rd cruise???

Bon voyage

Deeko

Sounds like you are having a blast!

It’s the March 5th cruise. I’m sure we will love it!

• 8 months later...
Thank you for your input. We've stayed in several NCL suites but never in a Haven suite. We're booked in Jade forward facing 10500 with bump out living room and good sized balcony with nice shaded area from the bridge. We've wanted to stay in this stateroom for a long time and were able to book it outright for a reasonable price by NCL standards so will probably just stay where we are and be happy :)

kjquilts, would you have any photos of Jade 10500 you would mind to share? We're thinking about selecting that cabin for a future cruise.

Hi,

Sounds like I am on a similar itinerary in 3 weeks. I understand about making the best of the changes.I was outvoted by fellow travelers as to canceling, so I am trying to muster up some enthusiasm.

Would you mind telling me what you did in Jamaica? I'm not a fan, but maybe I am missing something.

Any noteworthy experiences/things you could pass along would be very much appreciated.

I've been to Jamaica many times. There are some really great things to do such as:

Tubing on the White River - so clean with a few nice rapids to make it exciting.

Mystic Mountain- if you want a very active day doing great zip lines, the bob sled coaster (you control the speed) - on the day we met members of the Jamaican bobsled team were there to sign autographs. It was just a fun day!

Dunn's River Falls - you climb the falls and the Blue Hole

Doctor's Cave Beach https://www.doctorscavebathingclub.com

South Coast cruise https://www.islandroutes.com/caribbean-tours/jamaica/. This company guarantees to get you back to your ship on time. You can take a cruise to see James Bond Beach and many other sights along the coast of Jamaica.

I am amazed how few people ever mention the huge private sundeck that can be accessed from the main courtyard on the Jewel Class ships. It is probably larger than the actual courtyard and has exclusive sea views from Deck 15. The Courtyard Butler will be able to get you drinks and snacks whenever you want and if the sun is shining, it is a fabulous private space for Haven guests. After the re-fit, the Jade has cabanas with large beds on the sundeck but I am not sure if the others have the same but there will definitely be plenty of sun loungers up there. We have been on both Epic and Getaway and although the Haven is bigger on them and they have the restaurant, the Haven on the Jewel ships is just as good in other ways, you will have to use the services of the Butlers a bit more to get the most out of it, and who needs a concierge desk when you have one on the end of the phone anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2018 at 6:34 AM, deeko said:

Thanks HokieP

I agree re the ABC islands. We went to a beach on Aruba last time we were there. Bonaire has not much to commend it. 

Other than some of the world's finest snorkeling and scuba diving.

13 hours ago, Shacky316 said:

Hello.  Just to clarify.  For non Haven suite guests (ie. SC cat), no Haven access, yes to butler/concierge, yes to Cagney's or Modern B-fast/lunch.

Also, Is there a private sundeck for non-Haven suite guests?

The access to the private sundeck is from the courtyard and so not available to non-Haven guests. There are other public sundecks for everyone else.  Not sure if mentioned recently, but there is a butler who looks after the courtyard and sundeck and they will serve breakfast, lunch and drinks if you want to stay there.  There is also a casual snack bar in the courtyard with tea/coffee and hot or chilled water plus things like cookies and sometimes M&Ms and small cakes  The Jewel ships courtyard also has a moveable roof so if the weather is a bit cool or wet, it is a great area to chill.  We really missed a courtyard roof on our Getaway Caribbean cruise and the courtyard was pretty useless on that trip, so big is not always best.