Stateroom Drinks

slug33ukuk

Does anyone know if it is possible to pre order a bottle of SPIRITS to keep and drink in your cabin? on PO ships

No but you just ring room service and they will supply you.c1b9d3b49beb65352159153e9c22fab5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can’t you just bring your own?

Yes you can but at the above prices it would seem hardly worth it, unless you have had a good malt for Christmas.

Under the new rules, if I buy a bottle from the room service menu will I be able to drink it in our cabin or will I just get it at the end of the cruise.

Regards to all

W&P

Under the new roles you can drink in your cabin..That is why some of us cannot understand the fuss some are making on facebook about only having 1ltr to last them the whole cruise.. The bottles you are given on the last day of the cruise are the ones you purchase in the shop that are at duty free prices

Under the new rules, if I buy a bottle from the room service menu will I be able to drink it in our cabin or will I just get it at the end of the cruise.

Regards to all

W&P

The room service menu is not duty free, reasonable but not DF you can still buy DF for the end of the cruise.

bca469f7cf3d4fcd7018ef18884b6397.jpg

Under the new roles you can drink in your cabin..That is why some of us cannot understand the fuss some are making on facebook about only having 1ltr to last them the whole cruise.. The bottles you are given on the last day of the cruise are the ones you purchase in the shop that are at duty free prices

That answered a question then. I was not sure if they would continue to sell room service bottles as normal. Does it state that this will continue somewhere or just not say that it won't.

I suppose some people have an issue as they don't necessarily sell what they like to drink.

• 2 months later...

Are the bottles 70 cl or litres ? We don't drink a lot but we do like the occasional pre-dinner drink on the balcony and have taken a bottle on board in the past but are now thinking that we should buy from room service and take 2 bottles of wine as we now won't be able to buy in ports.

It must vary? Monkey 47 usually comes in 50cl bottles for about £35, I’ve not seen it in bigger bottles. Bombay Sapphire could come in 1l or 70cl, I’d expect 1l for £25. I’m surprised it doesn’t say on the menu.

Last time on Britannia the Jamesons from room service were litre bottles,while the prices are good we still did find it cheaper on one of our ports of call,happy days!
And now of course, you can't buy these cheap bottles to take back on board to your cabin, as they will be confiscated, and returned to you when you finally disembark.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

And now of course, you can't buy these cheap bottles to take back on board to your cabin, as they will be confiscated, and returned to you when you finally disembark.

Exactly! Which is why I’m pleased to see the fair pricing of these bottles. It’s just a shame the range is limited. Maybe they will increase the range now they have restricted carry-on alcohol.

Depends on what you mean by 'fair'? Yes, better than US lines, but still twice as expensive as buying gin/vodka ashore, and three times more expensive as buying wine ashore. The differential is even greater when you consider that P&O don't have to pay taxes on their alcohol sales.

At least the shareholders will be happy.

‘Fair’ because it’s the price I would pay at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are probably right about the spirit prices. However, for us wine drinkers, the cheapest bottle is around £16.50, which is way more than I would pay at home.

Luck of the draw I guess,at £20(assuming it still is a litre) the price for Jamesons is less than you would normally pay in shops for a 70cl bottle but as for wine that is something else!

In addition to my previous post where I said that we had found it even cheaper at one of our cruise stops,just to make things even better during the last couiple of days of our last cruise P&O were doing a 'price match' & promising to match any prices paid ashore so they really were happy days,hold those memories!!!

You are probably right about the spirit prices. However, for us wine drinkers, the cheapest bottle is around £16.50, which is way more than I would pay at home.

Indeed, a ‘fair’ comment! [emoji851]

Our last three cruises have been with Cunard so I’m also a little skewed in my view because P&O prices are much more reasonable and there’s no ridiculous +15% gratuity added.

We’ve come back to P&O for lots of reasons, it seems a better fit for us, but price is definitely a major factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums