We got back on the 13th November and unfortunately we've had problems using my Barclaycard. On embarkation I registered my Barcalycard and the lady said that all three of us in the cabin had been classes as 'users'. When asked if this was a problems she said no, but to go to reception onboard and just get the other two passengers registered as guest users.

We used our cruise cards for purchases, no problem. When I visited reception the manager asked if 'Mrs Hunt' shouldn't be paying for all passengers in our cabin. Mrs Hunt was not one of our party! We were duly unlinked from Mrs Hunt's credit card and after 3 attempts the manager told me that my card had been successfully added.

I checked the onboard account via the TV and everything was fine.....until I came to disembark when I was told to return to reception. Not great after we had queued for over an hour to get out and my mum has walking difficulties. Another long wait at reception only to be told my Barclaycard has been declined, they couldn't accept another card and could I pay in cash? NO, I don't have that much cash! I was made to feel rather small, I had to fill out a form and was told the finance manager would call me to arrange alternative payment of my account. On arriving back at home it appears I must contact the Finance Manager not the other way around.

Funnily enough, I booked another cruise onboard and my Barclaycard sailed through for the deposit amount. When I have a few moments I will contact Barclaycard and P&O, try and resolve matters, and perhaps let others know if there is a problem.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NEXT UP:
P&O Azura - Norwegian Fjords - August 2019
then... Hurtigruten Fram - Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica - The Ultimate Expedition Feb 2020

SAILED...
MSC Meraviglia - Western Med from Civitavecchia - Feb 2018 (YC)
P&O Ventura - Bruges Mini Cruise with my lovely MUM - November 2017
MSC Magnifica Eastern Med from Venice April 2015
MSC Splendida Western Med from Civitavecchia December 2014
NCL Sun - Glacier Bay from Vancouver September 2014
RC Splendour of the Seas - Argentina & Uruguay January 2012
Costa Serena - Atlantic Isles January 2010
RC Rhapsody of the Seas - Jewels of Asia February 2008
RC Voyager of the Seas - Mediterran October 2006
P&O Aurora - Altlantic Isles December 2005
P&O Aurora - Bruge Short Break August 2003
P&O Oriana - Spain & Canaries June 2001