Debarkation

reps23

I would like to book a shuttle from the Grand Princess to San Francisco airport. For those that have been on the Grand, what would be the latest time that we should book the shuttle. We are travelling to Hawaii on April 12, 2018 and returning April 29, 2018. My flight is a 2:30 p.m. I don't know what time passengers must debark from the ship so if someone could advise me that would be great.

Thank you.

I would like to book a shuttle from the Grand Princess to San Francisco airport. For those that have been on the Grand, what would be the latest time that we should book the shuttle. We are travelling to Hawaii on April 12, 2018 and returning April 29, 2018. My flight is a 2:30 p.m. I don't know what time passengers must debark from the ship so if someone could advise me that would be great.

Thank you.

As a general rule all passengers are supposed to be off the ship by 10 AM.

That time could be different if the ship gets in late due to fog, etc.

As a general rule all passengers are supposed to be off the ship by 10 AM.

That time could be different if the ship gets in late due to fog, etc.

In addition to the above information you might want to know that Princess wants everybody out of their cabins by 8:30 AM. This is the trade off for having the cabins ready for you when you board.

Thank you.

You can pre order your before the cruise . You can do it online thru your Princess Personalizer. If you used a TA call them to book otherwise call Princess direct to book. On board you can book up to 72 hours before . They will adjust your disembarkation time to the flight time.

In addition to the above information you might want to know that Princess wants everybody out of their cabins by 8:30 AM. This is the trade off for having the cabins ready for you when you board.

There have been posts on multiple threads saying that cabins are not often not available until about 1 PM and that on some of the ships doors to hallways are closed so you cannot drop off your carryons until the announcement is made that cabins are available.

There have been posts on multiple threads saying that cabins are not often not available until about 1 PM and that on some of the ships doors to hallways are closed so you cannot drop off your carryons until the announcement is made that cabins are available.

I've not seen that before on Princess. The cabins have always been ready when we board. They might be missing ice or robes, but the rooms have always been ready and we usually board before noon.

On Celebrity, we've always had to wait, though ... just not on Princess.

Thank you.

I would plan on ordering a shuttle sometime between 10:00-10:30, if you don't mind hanging around on the public areas of the ship. My advice would be to go to the MDR for a nice leisurely breakfast. You'll still have time to go collect your luggage after you disembark anyway. We usually tell our ride to pick us up out front around 9:30 AM and there are still plenty of passengers that are disembarking after us.

Plus, you have a good flight time as to not feel rushed to get to the airport.

PS -- if you are comfortable with ordering a Lyft or Uber, you'll probably save a little money and you can just order your car right after retrieving your luggage. No planning required!!

I've not seen that before on Princess. The cabins have always been ready when we board. They might be missing ice or robes, but the rooms have always been ready and we usually board before noon.

We’ve waited three times until 1:00 pm to get into our cabin on the Regal out of Port Everglades. Not sure if they’re still adhering to that procedure. On all other Princess ships we’ve been able to get into our cabin by 11:30.

If you're booking a transfer from Princess to SFO, you do not get to choose when you leave the ship. Princess will tell you when and where to meet. It's all totally controlled by them. It's easiest to sign up and pay for it in advance but you can also book it once you're on the ship at the Shore Excursions Desk.

I thought the out-of-the-cabin-order was 8am, not 8:30, but maybe that depends on the ship or I'm not remembering correctly. Either way, you will most likely have to leave the ship around 8:30am and sit at the airport and wait until your flight. Some airports and airlines have rules about how far in advance you can check in. I've seen it where you can't check in until 2 hrs. before a flight and another time, 4 hrs. before, so you may have to wait awhile before even checking in at the airport.

We’ve waited three times until 1:00 pm to get into our cabin on the Regal out of Port Everglades. Not sure if they’re still adhering to that procedure. On all other Princess ships we’ve been able to get into our cabin by 11:30.

That's been the M.O. with the Regal and Royal Princess all along. Now it looks like this rule is spreading to the Caribbean Princess too. I'm hoping it's not a fleetwide decision.

That's been the M.O. with the Regal and Royal Princess all along. Now it looks like this rule is spreading to the Caribbean Princess too. I'm hoping it's not a fleetwide decision.

I hope not either.

FYI...I was on the Caribbean Princess in January & we couldn’t go to our stateroom upon boarding until around 1:30 - 2 pm & I was onboard at 11:30 am. Their was staff there preventing you from going to your stateroom until they made a general announcement to everyone. So it does happen as it happened to many of us.

Tom😎

I would plan on ordering a shuttle sometime between 10:00-10:30, if you don't mind hanging around on the public areas of the ship. My advice would be to go to the MDR for a nice leisurely breakfast. You'll still have time to go collect your luggage after you disembark anyway. We usually tell our ride to pick us up out front around 9:30 AM and there are still plenty of passengers that are disembarking after us.

Plus, you have a good flight time as to not feel rushed to get to the airport.

PS -- if you are comfortable with ordering a Lyft or Uber, you'll probably save a little money and you can just order your car right after retrieving your luggage. No planning required!!

Thank you for your response. I will order the shuttle between 9:30 - 10:00. I will also check out the cost from Uber and Lyft for 4 passengers from the dock to the airport.

Thank you for your response. I will order the shuttle between 9:30 - 10:00. I will also check out the cost from Uber and Lyft for 4 passengers from the dock to the airport.

Bravo! I think that will work out famously. I would give yourself at least 15 minutes or so to disembark, grab your luggage and be outside where either the shuttle or ride share will pick you up.

FYI...I was on the Caribbean Princess in January & we couldn’t go to our stateroom upon boarding until around 1:30 - 2 pm & I was onboard at 11:30 am. Their was staff there preventing you from going to your stateroom until they made a general announcement to everyone. So it does happen as it happened to many of us.

Tom😎

Thanks for the info. I just haven't seen this before in our many cruises on Princess. The rooms have always been ready when we've been allowed to board. Sometimes our boarding has been delayed ... but not ever a delay once we've boarded to get into our cabin.

I sure hope this isn't a new protocol. You are the second person to mention it on this thread and you even say is has happened to many ... so fear it could be, though. I like to board, quickly unpack (we usually just do carry on luggage), make my specialty dining reservations for the entire cruise and head to the dining room for lunch. So, I might have to switch up my first hours onboard if this is to become commonplace. Oh well, I'll live. Thanks for the info!

I sure hope this isn't a new protocol. You are the second person to mention it on this thread and you even say is has happened to many ... so fear it could be, though. I like to board, quickly unpack (we usually just do carry on luggage), make my specialty dining reservations for the entire cruise and head to the dining room for lunch. So, I might have to switch up my first hours onboard if this is to become commonplace. Oh well, I'll live. Thanks for the info!

The tradition procedure on Princess has been to not start boarding until the cabins are all ready. Boarding would usually start around noon although it could start later if the cabins were not ready yet.

Princess seems to be switching to start the boarding as soon as practical, possibly even before 11 AM. At that time very few cabins will be ready. So it appears that Princess is allowing the cabin stewards until around 1 PM to get their cabins prepared. Unknown is whether this means each steward is responsible for more cabins so it impossible to get them all ready by around noon or if there is some other reason for the 1 PM time.