Reservations and Anytime Dining?

Flo71

Each ship's maitre d' makes their own policies.

Some only offer reservations at a couple specific set times.

Some will only reserve tables for two at either opening time or 8:00 and later.

Some allow you to make the next day's reservation when you leave dinner each night, some only the day of.

As suggested above, just call the Dine Line and take your best shot.

Each ship's maitre d' makes their own policies.

Some only offer reservations at a couple specific set times.

Some will only reserve tables for two at either opening time or 8:00 and later.

Some allow you to make the next day's reservation when you leave dinner each night, some only the day of.

As suggested above, just call the Dine Line and take your best shot.

Yes, you are so right ... it varies from ship to ship! :rolleyes:

Reservations for ATD are not easy to get and usually not at all at the busiest times. Like everything Princess, the rules vary from ship to ship and who the Maitre'd happens to be. Best advice is call the dining line and find out.

Ok, thanks, previously we have just turned up when ready and very rarely had a wait - and even then only a couple of minutes. I thought the whole point of anytime was that you just showed up. Will see how it goes first couple of nights but good to know reservations are an option too.

Should not be allowed. TD should not be allowed in at all. Turn up when you want to dine and take your chances with the wait, They should have lots more two tops so you aren't forced to share.

I totally agree. Making reservations defeats the purpose of AD and is a rude way to get to the front of the line.

I don't have a problem with people making reservations for AD. DH and I used to use AD, but a certain someone (me) gets very grumpy when she gets super hungry, so we switched to MDR. It's a little less flexible, but my tummy knows when the food is coming and it's a good tradeoff.

Dine line (DINE) opens promptly at 8. Call at 8:15 and they might not have any more reservations available. If you get a fast busy dial again. If you get a ring, hang on. Sometimes it comes back that you are in a queue - hang on.

Or if you like to eat early just get in line 20 minutes before the dining room opens. If you like to eat after 7:30 you almost never need a reservation but might get a beeper on busy nights (just like a shore restaurant).

Dine line (DINE) opens promptly at 8. Call at 8:15 and they might not have any more reservations available. If you get a fast busy dial again. If you get a ring, hang on. Sometimes it comes back that you are in a queue - hang on.

Or if you like to eat early just get in line 20 minutes before the dining room opens. If you like to eat after 7:30 you almost never need a reservation but might get a beeper on busy nights (just like a shore restaurant).

8:15 ! Don't you mean 8:01.

Calling for reservations is also inconvenient on a port day when everyone is leaving the ship. They sometimes make you hang on for 10 or 15 minutes to actually talk to anyone & then they tell you it's all booked for that evening & they aren't taking any more reservations.

I say do away with reservations & get there when you want to eat. If a certain time is that important, try traditional.

Allowing reservations for ATD is one of the biggest reasons why there are so may problems with ATD.....

Bob

Must not be any major problems with ATD. I can't see that my reservations gets in your way. Usually after a few nights we have an assigned table at 7:30pm and just walk right in and take our seats.

Yes, but if you want to see the main show in the show lounge, it kind of messes up the evening's schedule.

I agree with you Floridalover.....I am sailing on the Regal Princess this coming november...i pick Any Time Dining....I have done this type of dining on other lines...I like eating at 5:30 as i like to enjoy the experience...and i dont have to rush through dinner....I like making the first show, which i believe starts at either 7PM or 7:30...I have tried 8:00 dining, but that is far too late for me....so hopefully all works out well for me...I am a solo traveler and am hoping just to get a table for 2....:):cool:

I agree with you Floridalover.....I am sailing on the Regal Princess this coming november...i pick Any Time Dining....I have done this type of dining on other lines...I like eating at 5:30 as i like to enjoy the experience...and i dont have to rush through dinner....I like making the first show, which i believe starts at either 7PM or 7:30...I have tried 8:00 dining, but that is far too late for me....so hopefully all works out well for me...I am a solo traveler and am hoping just to get a table for 2....:):cool:

I have found that those that like to eat early (like myself) usually have no trouble getting into the Anytime dining promptly. I am still against those who want to step to the front of the line with reservations when every time you do that you are rude to those you cut in front of. Those that use reservations to cut in front of your fellow passengers usually want to go at the busiest times leaving others to wait even longer.

I have found that those that like to eat early (like myself) usually have no trouble getting into the Anytime dining promptly. I am still against those who want to step to the front of the line with reservations when every time you do that you are rude to those you cut in front of. Those that use reservations to cut in front of your fellow passengers usually want to go at the busiest times leaving others to wait even longer.

Most ships have separate lines for those with reservations and those without. No need to cut in front of anyone.