Reservations and Anytime Dining?

Flo71

how strictly does Princess enforce passengers who have booked traditional dining, but blow it off some nights when it doesn't fit their schedule and go to anytime dining, taking up 2 tables?:evilsmile: Is that why some nights, people waiting for anytime dining are corralled up, and taken to the traditional dining room???

Princess strictly enforce - that was a good one, huh??:rolleyes:

how strictly does Princess enforce passengers who have booked traditional dining, but blow it off some nights when it doesn't fit their schedule and go to anytime dining, taking up 2 tables?:evilsmile: Is that why some nights, people waiting for anytime dining are corralled up, and taken to the traditional dining room???

Princess strictly enforce - that was a good one, huh??:rolleyes:

I never had them ask to see our cards the few times we went to the DR.

Maybe on the first night when we didn't go there?

Must not be any major problems with ATD. I can't see that my reservations gets in your way. Usually after a few nights we have an assigned table at 7:30pm and just walk right in and take our seats.

I understand your position sir but how is having standing reservations anytime dining. If cruisers want fixed times, they should book traditional. Just my thoughts.

Bob

I have found that those that like to eat early (like myself) usually have no trouble getting into the Anytime dining promptly. I am still against those who want to step to the front of the line with reservations when every time you do that you are rude to those you cut in front of. Those that use reservations to cut in front of your fellow passengers usually want to go at the busiest times leaving others to wait even longer.

Have cruised on another line with ATD. Like what they do. They have designated lines with those with reservations and those without. The restaurant is fairly divided for those with reservations and those without. Yes, the show up line is usually longer and on formal nights especially. Seems to work pretty well. We sometimes have reservations and other times not. Wait isn't too long. It took them awhile to get the process down to work well.

If dinner takes to long in order to arrive for the show we just skip coffee & dessert, go to the show & return to the DR just before it closes to finish out our meal. ;)

If you let your waiter know that you want to be able to leave the dining room by a certain time, he/she can usually speed up the service and have you out of there by that time including coffee and dessert.

If you let your waiter know that you want to be able to leave the dining room by a certain time, he/she can usually speed up the service and have you out of there by that time including coffee and dessert.

I do know that but only within a reasonable schedule that he can possible meet.

If they have him spread to thinly at two large tables plus a few smaller ones they can slow him down considerably with requests & he can't possibly cope with everything.

You are so right.....it is more of the "I am entitled attitude" that wrecks ATD for others when they combine ATD and TD....if people really are so special that they need a fix time to eat go to where they have fixed times to eat and leave ATD for those who do not make reservations and want flexibility in their schedules....enough said...:cool:

preachn' to the choir, brother :halo:

You are so right.....it is more of the "I am entitled attitude" that wrecks ATD for others when they combine ATD and TD....if people really are so special that they need a fix time to eat go to where they have fixed times to eat and leave ATD for those who do not make reservations and want flexibility in their schedules....enough said...:cool:

As long as Princess has a person whose job is to take reservations for people with ATD, we will make reservations.

As long as Princess has a person whose job is to take reservations for people with ATD, we will make reservations.

as will we...and if not available or a long wait before a 'must see' show, we'll just grab something at IC, Vines/tapas, etc...:cool:

The following is a copy from the Princess Web site. It looks like Princess offers Everyone the opportunity to call in a reservation when ever they want.

Anytime Dining℠ - Princess Cruises

Anytime Dining℠ • Anytime Dining℠ Fresh and Flexible, Dine Any Time Just like a restaurant at home, Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose

The following is a copy from the Princess Web site. It looks like Princess offers Everyone the opportunity to call in a reservation when ever they want.

Anytime Dining℠ - Princess Cruises

Anytime Dining℠ • Anytime Dining℠ Fresh and Flexible, Dine Any Time Just like a restaurant at home, Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose

Try calling at 8:15 AM and see if they'll take your reservation.