Switch Cabins - Turnaround Day

Woobstr112G

I currently have the 21 Day Med-T/A segment booked for next year on the new Sky Princess. I’m toying with the idea of booking the additional 7 days to enjoy the full 28 days. The only issue is my cabin (E728) is not available. I’m thinking of booking a CC mini for the 7 day segment. My question is, for those who may have already done it, is it a big hassle to change cabins on turnaround day?

Bob

Princess makes it easy. Book the additional 7 days and ENJOY the 28 day cruise.

And make sure that the two voyages are linked in the booking so the Princerss computers know you will be B2B. (Need to ask your TA or Princess if not using a TA to do this linking.)

Where it can be a hassle is if you would like to get off the ship early and the new cabin is not empty or the supervisor is slow in getting to help you.

We moved from L250 to L259 on the Caribbean Princess in January. Nice and short trip from one to the other. It was almost 9:30am by the time the prior occupants got out, the steward cleaned the new room and we got moved.

We had no plans, but it was just a hassle sitting around an waiting. Of course our old steward was not thrilled that he could not finish our old room. I did not move anything until the new room was ready for us.

Go for it. In most cases, the steward can provide a hanging clothes rack to move those items and we've seen where they will take the drawers and swap them if the location is convenient.

When I've had to switch cabins, it was a piece of cake. Everything hanging in the closet stays there until the crew that will actually move my belongings comes and moves those items to a wheeled valet rack. I empty the drawers and shelves of my belongings and gather up my items in the bathroom, and all of this stuff goes into my luggage. I leave all my stuff in the closet area so nothing gets left behind because it's not in plain view.

At that point, I have been able to leave the cabin to do whatever I please, or go on an excursion, and when I return from being on shore or hanging around elsewhere on the ship, I go to the new cabin, where I find my hanging clothes hanging in the closet and my suitcases waiting to be unpacked.

Don't forget to empty the safe and keep your passport and anything else of value with you until you can access the safe in the new cabin.

If you're going on shore, don't forget to take your In Transit card with you.

We have done it several times and it has worked. We have stayed on the ship and not gone ashore.

If you can get a rolling rack it really helps. If you can not get a rolling rack do not let the steward carry your hanging clothes- we made that mistake once and he ended up dropping some of the clothes and walking on them- carry them yourselves.

We have found it almost impossible to get the steward to help when we were ready to move and have done the move ourselves.

The only "hassle" we have found is getting the steward in the new cabin to make cleaning the room a priority. We go to the new room and tell them we are moving and request they make cleaning the room a priority....they always agree...they rarely do. The steward in the room we are leaving always says he will help in the process of getting the new room cleaned ASAP but never does.

If you are not anxious to have the move completed and to be settled in your new cabin until close to the time when others start boarding I imagine the process of leaving everything to the stewards might work.

Having said all of that....none of it would stop us from doing a b2b if those were the cruises we wanted.:D

We have had to change cabins on B2B several times. It was very simple for us. We put everything that wasn’t hanging into suitcases. Then we took a ship tour. The stewards move everything while you’re out enjoying the port. Don’t sweat it

If you can get a cabin close to the one you will be occupying for the 21 day, that would be good. Even better would be having the same room steward.

The Passenger services people also were helpful, making sure all was coordinated, even though both stewards knew. They sent someone with a luggage rack for all our stuff.

Bob, do it, you won't be sorry. Those first 7 days have wonderful ports (even if you were there before). Flying all that way, you may as well spend all the time you can there.

Where it can be a hassle is if you would like to get off the ship early and the new cabin is not empty or the supervisor is slow in getting to help you.

We moved from L250 to L259 on the Caribbean Princess in January. Nice and short trip from one to the other. It was almost 9:30am by the time the prior occupants got out, the steward cleaned the new room and we got moved.

We had no plans, but it was just a hassle sitting around an waiting. Of course our old steward was not thrilled that he could not finish our old room. I did not move anything until the new room was ready for us.

Why did you wait?

Put loose stuff in suitcase, empty your safe and keep it with you...and GO. The steward will clean around your suitcase & hanging clothes.

Once the new cabin is empty, your belongings will be moved to the new cabin.

I just did it on the regal , they had me pack up all of the non hanging items into my suitcases of course, the house keeping staff already knew of the arrangements and the new cabin , I left the ship for the day in Fort Lauderdale when I returned to the ship my new cabin assignment contained my luggage and all of my hanging items which did not have to be packed , kudos to princess

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The key to an easy move is good communication, and fairly frequent communication. We had to move one door down on our Japan series, but we had a new room steward. The new steward prioritized the room we were moving to. Our old steward knew we would vacate the room asap. The people in the new room were a bit slow leaving, but 10 minutes after they left our new steward told us we could begin. He already had the eggcrate mattress pad on the bed - our old steward filled him in on all our preferences. Because it was just next door, we didn't ask for a garment rack, but it showed up anyway. We had packed the shelves and drawers in our suitcases and rolled them over. We snagged a few extra tote bags from the cabin steward and loaded the bathroom and table top items to make things easy. All done within 10 minutes of starting, except for unloading the stuff from the suitcases. Very simple. Just communicate.

The same thing happened to us one cruise & we were only moving next door. :(

Even slamming my cabin door at 8 AM didn't see to speed them up any. They were determined to stay as long as possible.:mad:

Woobstr112G, Pull the trigger and then tell her. :) I bet she’ll be super happy you did it. She’ll even be happy that you’ve learned switching cabins is very easy. Just remember to tell Princess to link your two voyages. Let us all know if you booked it.

Is there any chance you can change cabin for the first segment to match what is available for the 7 day?

switching cabins is not my favorite thing to do..........but the several times we had to it was pretty seamless......we would go talk to our new cabin steward before the end of current cruise and also let our steward know we were staying on but moving.

Pack your clothes from drawers and leave all your other clothes on hangers. In our case, both times a supervisor came before 9:30 and had us moved in about 5 minutes. You should receive instructions one or two night before end of first cruise.

Is there any chance you can change cabin for the first segment to match what is available for the 7 day?

switching cabins is not my favorite thing to do..........but the several times we had to it was pretty seamless......we would go talk to our new cabin steward before the end of current cruise and also let our steward know we were staying on but moving.

Pack your clothes from drawers and leave all your other clothes on hangers. In our case, both times a supervisor came before 9:30 and had us moved in about 5 minutes. You should receive instructions one or two night before end of first cruise.

Absolutely none. We have one of the two Emerald aft OS suites. Neither of us are willing to give that up.....:):):)

Bob

You can waitlist for the same cabin on the second leg....not likely it will open, given what you are waitlisting for, but worth a try. We've never had any luck with this.

The same cruise that we were waitlisted on for the second leg, we got a move down offer for the first leg--I told them I'd take the move down if they could put us in the same cabin for both legs....they did.