Hotel near San Pedro pier?

LadyLeo84

Curious about why not?

We stayed at CP in January & it was good and previously stayed at Doubletree...we'd happily stay at either one again.

Our stay at the Crowne Plaza was not good. Hotel is run down and is generally showing signs of age. For almost $300 a night with taxes and fees, breakfast was not included but was an additional $12-$14 in the hotel restaurant which required a 45 minute wait to even get a table. Our room was on the 10th floor and only one elevator was working it would often take us 10 minutes or longer to get up or down from our room. The shower didn't drain so water pooled around our feet in the bathtub while we were showering. The only positive was that it was close to the cruise port and we could walk it. Not even any coffee or water in the lobby, instead you had to buy snacks or water. For the $ I expected more especially out of a Crowne Plaza.

Thanks for sharing your experiences which thankfully didn't affect our stay there. We had a park & cruise package that included parking our car during the cruise, shuttle, buffet breakfast & a cocktail hour glass of wine for $250. It was slightly cheaper than paying to park our car at the port & was a more relaxing experience.

We've had shuttle issues at the CP and Doubletree but could walk to the CP. Both cost about the same price & the CP has places such as SP Brewing within easy walking distance to eat.

Appreciate sharing your experiences & something we'll consider before another visit.

Thanks for sharing your experiences which thankfully didn't affect our stay there. We had a park & cruise package that included parking our car during the cruise, shuttle, buffet breakfast & a cocktail hour glass of wine for $250. It was slightly cheaper than paying to park our car at the port & was a more relaxing experience.

We've had shuttle issues at the CP and Doubletree but could walk to the CP. Both cost about the same price & the CP has places such as SP Brewing within easy walking distance to eat.

Appreciate sharing your experiences & something we'll consider before another visit.

Good to know about the breakfast included rate we paid $268 per night just for the room!

Thank you Cormike for posting this review! It's great to hear that you had a good experience so recently! We are staying there pre-cruise only on the 24th of this month.

LadyLeo, I will absolutely post on this thread when we return on November 2nd!

Cathy

Hi Cathy! I will be anxiously waiting for your review. Lol. We are in the planning stages for Jan 2019. I've been watching this hotel and the crown plaza. So far, on TripAdvisor, BW s getting better reviews. Thanks, in advance, for your review.

Stacy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, when did you last stay there?.

Our stay at the Crowne Plaza was not good. Hotel is run down and is generally showing signs of age. For almost $300 a night with taxes and fees, breakfast was not included but was an additional $12-$14 in the hotel restaurant which required a 45 minute wait to even get a table. Our room was on the 10th floor and only one elevator was working it would often take us 10 minutes or longer to get up or down from our room. The shower didn't drain so water pooled around our feet in the bathtub while we were showering. The only positive was that it was close to the cruise port and we could walk it. Not even any coffee or water in the lobby, instead you had to buy snacks or water. For the $ I expected more especially out of a Crowne Plaza.