Adonia - is she going again?

cruiser1955

I don't think my travel insurance will cover me for P&O cancelling the cruise?

If you have flights,hotels etc it is worth checking your insurance as well as your credit cards section 75 cover.

Hopefully your cruise​ might not be affected but it pays to check how you can be reimbursed.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I have no flights or hotels and obviously P&O will refund our deposit if it is cancelled. However, I shall have to ask the travel insurance if they can change the dates. Fred Olsen have a very similar cruise overnighting in Seville and Bordeaux, so we would try for that. Have to wait and see.

So we wait with baited breath. I booked business class airfares Syd - LHR a couple of months ago and we will be proceeding anyway as have a wedding to attend in the Cotswolds pre cruise and have booked a Princess Cruise, pre Adonia. So there might be some more Princess cruises being booked to fill a void if Adonia leaves the P&O Fleet.:rolleyes:

I just wish P&O would hurry up and make their minds up. It sure does impact on us folk from overseas who have already forked out a lot of money for flights - accommodation etc. We need to make alternative travel arrangements.:evilsmile:

Thanks to you all for your comments and support.:halo:

Travel companies, and I don't just mean P&O here, don't seem to bother about the inconvenience or knock on costs for customers when they cancel or change things.

Because there are limited destinations for scheduled flights or even that many charters from Scotland we often have to do a double drop via a London airport to go on fly cruises/ river or tours. This means that the odd time that things get cancelled or dates changed we have been left with uselss hotel stays and internal UK flights so I sympathise with you re the cost of a potentially wasted long haul flight.

For the same reason we now have annual travel insurance so that any changes don't affect that at least.

Hopefully there is confirmation for those potentially affected, one way or the other, very soon.

Travel companies, and I don't just mean P&O here, don't seem to bother about the inconvenience or knock on costs for customers when they cancel or change things.

Because there are limited destinations for scheduled flights or even that many charters from Scotland we often have to do a double drop via a London airport to go on fly cruises/ river or tours. This means that the odd time that things get cancelled or dates changed we have been left with uselss hotel stays and internal UK flights so I sympathise with you re the cost of a potentially wasted long haul flight.

For the same reason we now have annual travel insurance so that any changes don't affect that at least.

Hopefully there is confirmation for those potentially affected, one way or the other, very soon.

I wonder if bookings are still being taken for Adonia after February 23rd 2018?.

If they are withdrawing Adonia why wait 3 weeks as a poster said just announce it now so people can change their plans?.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We were on Adonia's recent cruise to the Med, and whilst on board booked a cruise on her to Bordeaux, Bilbao and St Peter Port for next May. This is now looking doubtful if these rumours are true. Surely they musy have known 2 weeks ago when they accepted our booking and took our deposit. I understand that they are no longer accepting bookings for her whilst on board. Anybody tried booking online or direct with P&O?

So we wait with baited breath. I booked business class airfares Syd - LHR a couple of months ago and we will be proceeding anyway as have a wedding to attend in the Cotswolds pre cruise and have booked a Princess Cruise, pre Adonia. So there might be some more Princess cruises being booked to fill a void if Adonia leaves the P&O Fleet.:rolleyes:

I just wish P&O would hurry up and make their minds up. It sure does impact on us folk from overseas who have already forked out a lot of money for flights - accommodation etc. We need to make alternative travel arrangements.:evilsmile:

Thanks to you all for your comments and support.:halo:

We havent booked our flights yet, was supposed to be doing it this week, just going to wait now incase we hear something from P&O, will still travel and will look at other cruises, but the longer it takes, the more chance that other cruises are going to fill up. We are booked on D812, have looked at J805 and J806 on Arcadia. Just have to plan the rest of our holiday around whatever we manage to be on.

oh dear, sadly not sounding too good

Not good at all, my blood pressure is rising. Time to check out some substitute cruises for my 34 nights on Adonia then. Either book some cruises or pitch a tent on ye olde Isle of Wight.:rolleyes:

But then, who knows what is going to happen.:confused: I am tipping that Adonia will stay until at least March 2019. Cruise sites have her on schedules until then, but nothing listed for her after that, but do have schedules for the other P&O UK vessels.

Edited by NSWP

Not good at all, my blood pressure is rising. Time to check out some substitute cruises for my 34 nights on Adonia then. Either book some cruises or pitch a tent on ye olde Isle of Wight.:rolleyes:

But then, who knows what is going to happen.:confused: I am tipping that Adonia will stay until at least March 2019. Cruise sites have her on schedules until then, but nothing listed for her after that, but do have schedules for the other P&O UK vessels.

Which fits with what the company have said. They are not fixed after March 19 so they can't put them in the brochure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Strangely enough the ABP Southampton cruise ship schedule is showing Adonia visits right through 2018 until October, no idea if the dates tie in with her last known itineraries though.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/live_information/shipping_movements_and_cruise_ship_schedule/cruise_ship_schedule/

Well I suppose they would until they cancel them? Yes, dates are correct for my cruise.

It's really annoying. If our March 30th cruise is cancelled then it will be a struggle to fit anything in around work commitments

Why can't they just confirm one way or another

I have great sympathy with those who are facing uncertainty but this is all based on a rumour. If it is untrue, P&O will have nothing to confirm because nothing will have changed and they will announce their 2019 cruises when they can.

On the other hand, if it is true, they will announce it when they can and then face the huge problem of pacifying large numbers of disappointed people, many of whom have been loyal to the company for many years. They will have to offer something really good to win these people back. The consequences do not bear thinking about.

Gadabout - We are on the same cruise then up the river to Seville, Bordeaux etc.

Fred Olsen do a very similar one on Braemar 2 weeks later. We will switch to that if ours is cancelled, but we will wait and see.

Thanks Jean - hope I get the chance to say hallo to you

Have never tried Fred but have been put off by the price of balconies

Thanks Jean - hope I get the chance to say hallo to you

Have never tried Fred but have been put off by the price of balconies

If the cruise goes ahead, lookout for two blondes on the arm of one male! Ha ha. Husband will be wearing white dinner jacket.