Golden Princess in Sydney 15/10

No doubt the Golden Princess crew will be alert as to any signs of the 6 trawlermen missing off the Qld coast, after their fishing boat overturned in heavy swells. Tragic incident.

How lucky was the bloke picked up yesterday morning by a passing boat?

Thought the Golden Princess would have had a rough ride when I saw all the whitecaps on the waves as I landed in Brisbane. There was thick cloud cover all the way from Sydney to Brisbane.

Looking forward to reading the blog.

Sad about the missing trawler crew at sea. The extreme weather conditions are making the search difficult. How lucky was the single sailor who treaded water once the boat went down, until he was picked up by a passing boat!

Just read their blog on the sea day yesterday, they had strong winds and a rough seas, the duct emerged to seal the cabin draws etc. As long as the bottles in the mini bar did not break. So the MTP (most travelled passenger luncheon) is now the MTG (most travelled guest luncheon.) Means the same, top 40 cruisers get invited. We have made it once, but a rough chance next year perhaps on Sapphire or Royal.:eek:

Just read their blog on the sea day yesterday, they had strong winds and a rough seas, the duct emerged to seal the cabin draws etc. As long as the bottles in the mini bar did not break. So the MTP (most travelled passenger luncheon) is now the MTG (most travelled guest luncheon.) Means the same, top 40 cruisers get invited. We have made it once, but a rough chance next year perhaps on Sapphire or Royal.:eek:

Hopefully the weather clears for them Les.

The MTG Luncheons and the appearances at the Captains Circle party would be a novelty at first but I would think that after attending lots on B2b2b's......it would become annoying, for me anyway. Not that we have that to worry about:')

I am happy with my few Elite perks and remain annonymous.

Our Golden cruise in September the MTG had about 750 days!!!

Good old duct tape comes in handy!

Doesn't really meant the same. "Guest" in lieu of "passenger". Who thinks up these crazy name changes? You can be a guest anywhere, including my house, but you can't be a passenger unless you are on a ship/flight. My dream is to be a passenger, preferably long haul.

Hopefully the weather clears for them Les.

The MTG Luncheons and the appearances at the Captains Circle party would be a novelty at first but I would think that after attending lots on B2b2b's......it would become annoying, for me anyway. Not that we have that to worry about:')

I am happy with my few Elite perks and remain annonymous.

Our Golden cruise in September the MTG had about 750 days!!!

Some pax love the glory Chez. The MTG luncheon is nice actually, provided one is seated next to a decent senior staff member, but as for the Captains Circle Cocktail party, don't even bother turning up anymore, watching all those poor people fighting for a watered down drink and trying to grab a savoury left from the last party.:halo:

Good old duct tape comes in handy!

.it doesn't really meant the same. "Guest" in lieu of "passenger". Who thinks up these crazy name changes? You can be a guest anywhere, including my house, but you can't be a passenger unless you are on a ship/flight. My dream is to be a passenger, preferably long haul.

Maid Marion...It does not matter whether they call them, passenger - pax, customer, guest or whatever, as long as they all...'Escape Completely & Come Back New.' :')

And I get the table for two......we request that also, we only have dinner with others if we know them and arrange it:)

Having meals with loads of strangers isnt high on our list on a cruise either!!

We feel so privileged to be considered as 'meal worthy' .......... besides us wee Elfs took up hardly any room at your table to notice anyway!! :D

:cool::cool: now members of the 'cheznandy cool croozers club' :cool::cool:

Some pax love the glory Chez. The MTG luncheon is nice actually, provided one is seated next to a decent senior staff member, but as for the Captains Circle Cocktail party, don't even bother turning up anymore, watching all those poor people fighting for a watered down drink and trying to grab a savoury left from the last party.:halo:

I was really surprised at the Captains party on the Golden recently, we were undecided whether to go, but as Andy had thrown the suit in ;p

The drinks were very strong, a few different cocktails, wines, beer, they even had platters of hot food being handed around, plus our two lovely waiters from Skywalkers were looking after us, they had our drinks lined up!!

I was really surprised at the Captains party on the Golden recently, we were undecided whether to go, but as Andy had thrown the suit in ;p

The drinks were very strong, a few different cocktails, wines, beer, they even had platters of hot food being handed around, plus our two lovely waiters from Skywalkers were looking after us, they had our drinks lined up!!

NICE! Maybe customer service is making a comeback!

Maid Marion...It does not matter whether they call them, passenger - pax, customer, guest or whatever, as long as they all...'Escape Completely & Come Back New.' :')

Just curious why they think "guest" is better than "passenger".

Of course, it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

We feel so privileged to be considered as 'meal worthy' .......... besides us wee Elfs took up hardly any room at your table to notice anyway!! :D

Too funny Dobby:') We did have dinner with a lovely couple that we met on the Golden from Bonnie Doon.......but not in the naughty corner, the Golden didnt have one.

Are you Royalty then, you little Elfs ? :loudcry:

Perhaps because they are hosting the passenger...therefore the passenger is their guest.

Like a cabin is a stateroom, silly term, who invented that, I know don't tell me, from across the Pacific. A place where you sleep on a ship is a cabin. Stateroom to me is like where the HM The Queen resides at Buckingham Palace.:hearteyes:

Like others, been following the very interesting blog on Golden Princess. Yesterday they were at Yorkeys Knob - for Cairns etc. A tour bus on its way to Yorkeys Knob to pick up shorex pax, collided with a car, resulting in serious injuries to car driver and passenger. As a result the road from Yorkeys Knob to Cairns was closed and 2000 Golden Princess pax were stuck at Yorkeys Knob, no where to go. According to blog, 700 lining up for a coffee at the Yorkeys Knob café/store.

Not a great day for all. However the bloggers did get up in their sightseeing flight.

These things sometimes happen on a cruise, beyond control.

GP is at Airlie Beach today, the markets will be thriving.

Golden is back at the OPT today, sails this arvo @ 4pm on the Melbourne / Tasweiga Run, our intrepid bloggers are still aboard and still blogging, great read.:)

Glad you are enjoying Les:)

I have been reading their blog for years, always look forward to finding out where they are going.

They move into OUR cabin on the Golden today.......hope we left it in a good state for them!! Great weather for them today too!

Our 'intrepid blogger' said that she is using her US mobile and that'-

'After breakfast we went out on the Horizon Terrace (and I can’t wait until next cruise when our cabin is just one deck below that fantastic area) and placed a call to Daintree Aviation Services via Vonage (For 2.2 cents per minute to Australia! Get the app!!)'

So she is using her mobile from the Horizon Deck and only paying 2.2 US cents per minute - surely she would be paying more because she is still on the Princess ship and using the ship's communication towers even though they are tied up at Yorkeys Knob. Does anyone know what we can use to only pay as cheap as that when we are abroad?

Rosie

Glad you are enjoying Les:)

I have been reading their blog for years, always look forward to finding out where they are going.

They move into OUR cabin on the Golden today.......hope we left it in a good state for them!! Great weather for them today too!

Hope you left some grog in the fridge for them Chez. Well she is just leaving Circular Quay. Weather down the South Coast where I am is a few showers, 20 knot southerly and 16C with 2 metre seas, not ideal, but not bad.

Bon Voyage to all on Golden Princess which is sold out this cruise.:cool:

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone still following this blog, I had to laugh as I have been emailing Jeannie info on ports etc and everything I have suggested has been closed or being renovated:rolleyes:

Too funny, luckily they go with the flow!!

I havent told them Dobbie the Ship Elf will be joining them on their first cruise out of Melbourne, and I think they have breakfast right near the stairs Dobbie frequents:eek:

I had better warn them an Elf may come and say hello!

For anyone still following this blog, I had to laugh as I have been emailing Jeannie info on ports etc and everything I have suggested has been closed or being renovated:rolleyes:

Too funny, luckily they go with the flow!!

I havent told them Dobbie the Ship Elf will be joining them on their first cruise out of Melbourne, and I think they have breakfast right near the stairs Dobbie frequents:eek:

I had better warn them an Elf may come and say hello!

Morning Chez, indeed I have been reading the blog every day. Jeannie is a very good blogger. Crikey they are very active people. And as for her diet, certainly a strange one, (pumpkin seeds for brekkie !) She seems to get looked after very well. You are mentioned in dispatches re activities, albeit as you say, not all open ! :o

Morning Chez, indeed I have been reading the blog every day. Jeannie is a very good blogger. Crikey they are very active people. And as for her diet, certainly a strange one, (pumpkin seeds for brekkie !) She seems to get looked after very well. You are mentioned in dispatches re activities, albeit as you say, not all open ! :o

Morning Les, lovely Saturday morning!!

Yes, her diet has changed due to a medical diagnosis:( she is following a vegan type plan with seafood. It must be hard after cruising so often and enjoying wine and desserts!! but she gives inspiration to all of us that you can still enjoy yourself without loads of alcohol and too much food!

We have cut down on alcohol while cruising, no drink packages for us!

Fruit and yoghurt and a poached egg now and then for brekky, salad for lunch and then we enjoy a nice dinner.

I can actually walk passed that dessert/pastry bar at lunch now and not be tempted haha!!

Andy just mentioned that on our last Golden cruise he only had one slice of pizza:eek:

Les, I've also been reading Jeannie's blog every morning, one of the first things I do when I get up. Love reading what she and G done on the previous day. Lots of detail without being boring. They certainly are very active.

I laughed this morning when I saw the mention of Cheryl's suggestions and that they were all closed for one reason or another not realising it was Chez.

Look forward to reading the remainder of the blogs for this season and into the future.

Leigh

Morning Les, lovely Saturday morning!!

Yes, her diet has changed due to a medical diagnosis:( she is following a vegan type plan with seafood. It must be hard after cruising so often and enjoying wine and desserts!! but she gives inspiration to all of us that you can still enjoy yourself without loads of alcohol and too much food!

We have cut down on alcohol while cruising, no drink packages for us!

Fruit and yoghurt and a poached egg now and then for brekky, salad for lunch and then we enjoy a nice dinner.

I can actually walk passed that dessert/pastry bar at lunch now and not be tempted haha!!

Andy just mentioned that on our last Golden cruise he only had one slice of pizza:eek:

Thanks Chez, lovely day. I will have to get realistic as to what I eat on the ships, I am addicted to the eggs, bacon, snags, hash browns etc, every morning. Not good.

The Horizon Court is a magnet to many of us !! :o

Anyway the Golden Princess blog is great, good cruise fix. Have a nice day, my wife is in the air flying to Antarctica today with my son on the Qantas 747 Antarctic Charter flight. They might spot the Golden Princess off NZ.;)