Who Loves the Majesty? :)

Yeah, I kind of assumed it was going to have to go that way. From what I observed on our last MJ cruise when they were not swiping the cards, the poor servers were having a tough time chasing out all the pax that tried to sneak past the well posted signs during the event to get free drinks in the VCL.

Very simple to ask to swipe the card since it is probably more polite than to ask "need to see your sea pass card". That verifies everyone right away, no guessing for the staff involved if you are Suites/Diamond level and up. Very PC I think, IMHO.

Won't bother me if I need to present my card each time.

But when you had to swipe you're limited, correct? I would be nervous on drink 4 (don't judge) that the card would come back with a bill.

It shouldn't. It never would in the CL or DL. The 3 drinks were for venues

outside of the lounge during the same cocktail hours.

Not judging...you are not driving...we leave that to the captain, who volunteered to

be the designated driver. :D

It shouldn't. It never would in the CL or DL. The 3 drinks were for venues

outside of the lounge during the same cocktail hours.

Not judging...you are not driving...we leave that to the captain, who volunteered to

be the designated driver. :D

It shouldn't but in our case, it did on the last drink of the last night, still within the Diamond event hours. Half the time we had to remind the server to get your card back. I don't buy that this was any kid of test.

Edited to say, I never got a bill, but saw it on my account statement under my door in the morning.

Edited by BillOh

But when you had to swipe you're limited, correct? I would be nervous on drink 4 (don't judge) that the card would come back with a bill.

They're probably swiping to check the photo against the card holder. It would be easy to give your card to someone for 3 hours of free drinking.

We "mostly" enjoy the Majesty. The crew is superb and the alternate Diamond Lounge effort is tolerable given the space constraints of the ship. However, as long-term central FL cruisers we feel a definite downgrade happened when the Enchantment left Port Canaveral; just not the same experience anymore (most significantly no Solarium and no dedicated Diamond Lounge) plus the prices stayed the same for comparable seasons. So disappointing and hoping for a better ship for short sailings....

We "mostly" enjoy the Majesty. The crew is superb and the alternate Diamond Lounge effort is tolerable given the space constraints of the ship. However, as long-term central FL cruisers we feel a definite downgrade happened when the Enchantment left Port Canaveral; just not the same experience anymore (most significantly no Solarium and no dedicated Diamond Lounge) plus the prices stayed the same for comparable seasons. So disappointing and hoping for a better ship for short sailings....

I totally agree. MJ has a great crew, but not the venues we come to expect on a ship now and EN had both the CL and DL that we loved to use. Plus you did not have to book a JS and up to get a balcony. :o

Supposedly MJ was sold quite awhile ago, then the Cuba market opened up, so they cancelled the sale and "parked" MJ at PC, plus bought back the Empress.

Still hoping to get a better replacement for Enchantment, or better yet...a third ship (mid size) home ported here. I miss the Freedom also. :(

Cards were swiped every time in the DL on our 10/2 cruise and the waiters made a point of saying there is no charge. However, on Wednesday I went to GS to get a copy of our bill as I wanted to verify our cancelled excursion had been refunded. Sure enough, I noticed a charge for $10.65 the evening before in Viking Crown :rolleyes:. The GS rep did not seem to know what I was talking about when I said free D drinks in DL but she did refund the charge.

I mentioned it to one of the waiters that night when he took our cards. He shrugged his shoulders and said “sometimes we hit the wrong button” He did not seem concerned:D:D

Sherri:)

Cards were swiped every time in the DL on our 10/2 cruise and the waiters made a point of saying there is no charge. However, on Wednesday I went to GS to get a copy of our bill as I wanted to verify our cancelled excursion had been refunded. Sure enough, I noticed a charge for $10.65 the evening before in Viking Crown :rolleyes:. The GS rep did not seem to know what I was talking about when I said free D drinks in DL but she did refund the charge.

I mentioned it to one of the waiters that night when he took our cards. He shrugged his shoulders and said “sometimes we hit the wrong button” He did not seem concerned:D:D

Sherri:)

They may have been confused at GS desk since there is no DL or CL on the ship. The "event" for D's, D+, Pinnacles and Suites guests is held in the VCL of course...but is not really a DL. And I miss my coffee machine!!

Either way...it's great you caught it before you left the ship. :)