LAFFNVEGAS Live from The Diamond Princess 8 Night Circle island Japan

LAFFNVEGAS

Just got back to the ship after venturing out in Sakaiminato, first we had to go back through immigration off the ship since we just came from South Korea, the we grabbed the shuttle bus to town which was $5 US dollars which we signed to go to our on board account. The town was interesting small but every where was the cartoon character with one eye and horns seeing the cartoon playing in one of the stores reminded me of South Park, we just walked the shopping district bought my son Ramon to bring home lol then stopped for lunch and had sushi, sake and beer, Tom had grill teriyaki chicken sushi and these tasty fried potato wedges. You ordered Oman iPad and they brought it out to you. The Orange Sherbet for dessert was tasty too [emoji6]

3ac99335df4705e80f8da221f4d4c79f.jpg21771e3e355211ae7ff93a591c1914d1.jpgc4fcbb2778857fa4d42b1938aec3cc5b.jpg4fcbd518ca1f2273bdcdf5e373b4a6bb.jpgca56491118ed4ee7c9a13bd30048ce25.jpg

LNV..My dad was stationed at the Yokosuka Navy base from 1968 to 1970. Before we left to come back to the US in the summer of 1970, we went to EXPO 70 (by way of the Bullet train). We may have seen you perform! Its an experience I'll never forget. Thanks for the "blast from the past".

LNV..My dad was stationed at the Yokosuka Navy base from 1968 to 1970. Before we left to come back to the US in the summer of 1970, we went to EXPO 70 (by way of the Bullet train). We may have seen you perform! Its an experience I'll never forget. Thanks for the "blast from the past".

Thanks [emoji2] yes you may have seen us perform we were at the American Park Exposition that was sponsored by Pepsi. It truly was an amazing experience and I feel fortunate to have been able to do that.

Greetings from Tsuruga Japan where we had another full day on the Saturday October 14th.

Today we did a tour through Princess but something interesting the tours are not actually operated my Princess but rather Carnival Corporation and the names tags of those crew members at the shore excursion desk say Carnival Corporation.

The tour we took started early and we were boarding he bus at 7:40 am it was called Lake Mikatagoko Rainbow Drive and Chopstick Making Experience.

It was actually kind fun, weather thankfully just stayed cloudy and no rain.

We first went to Obama City Fisherman’s Wharf where there was a nice shop with lots of great Japanese delicacies. I have been starting to pick up quite a bit as we go, good thing I brought an extra suitcase.

Next was the Chopstick Factory which while a bit gimmicky was lots of fun. Besides bringing home the chopsticks we made I also bought some fancy ones for home.

Our last stop was the Five Lakes at Mikatagoko. The is quite beautiful and you go to the top of a mountain to see 360 degree look at the 5 Lakes. I wish I could post the video on here.

I will try to post as many pictures as I can.

When we return the children and teens of this area have been performing all day and actually made it quite the festival for all the cruise passengers.

Tonight we eat at Sabatini’s.

I have to say that overall Princess has exceeded our expectations in every area, especially food and the Horizon Court.

974dcbcf73ae4ceaf2697f8fa477ee0c.jpg2ec1b13ac6f3d6dcf6533228470feaf0.jpgfe49ce9b2cf83bb9e78e4553728be520.jpg5ee555abdbeefe6bd3a90dec891d4ac8.jpgf74888072cf2b0591b32991ca9aac846.jpg

Great cruise.

How would you rate Princess, and then Diamond Princess in terms of service,foood, general environment compared to other cruise lines, and other ships?

We cruise on various lines. Our last Crown Princess cruise was mediocre but the itinerary was wonderful. Our Sun Princess cruise the previous year was one of the best cruises in terms of service, food, cabin, and ship, that we have ever had on any cruise line.

Your personal cruise experience and industry experience eclipses our knowledge so it be interesting to read you observations.

Great cruise.

How would you rate Princess, and then Diamond Princess in terms of service,foood, general environment compared to other cruise lines, and other ships?

We cruise on various lines. Our last Crown Princess cruise was mediocre but the itinerary was wonderful. Our Sun Princess cruise the previous year was one of the best cruises in terms of service, food, cabin, and ship, that we have ever had on any cruise line.

Your personal cruise experience and industry experience eclipses our knowledge so it be interesting to read you observations.

[emoji6] I will go into full detail later but I laughed when you said your Crown cruise was mediocre because that is exactly how our Crown cruise was in January 2010 which is probably why we stayed away from Princess. This cruise has changed our mind about Princess and will most like purchase a Future cruise deposit.

In short food quality and service has exceeded our expectations. But other things such as general maintenance has gone the way of Hal. Which is not the case on lines such as NCL ships of the same age.

Good Evening from the Diamond Princess, I cannot believe this cruise is winding down, tonight is the last formal night, tomorrow Monday is a sea day and Tuesday we arrive in Yokohama and fly home to Las Vegas. That day will be a very long day where we actually arrive home on Tuesday before we leave but it will be 7:30 in the morning Wednesday Japan time. Tom fortunately has the rest of the week off work and I do not return to work till Thursday.

Today was our last port which was Akita, I had decided several months ago that today would be the best day to ride the Shinkansen aka Bullet Train. We knew that the three days prior in Tokyo we would be busy with our friends and this port gave us the opportunity to ride it for an hour get off and catch a return Shinkansen in Tazawako. I had considered this day to be like an excursion of sorts. We started out the morning with our usual Suite Breakfast in Sabatini’s, we are getting quite fond of having mimosas for breakfast [emoji6] then not long after the ship was cleared we disembarked. We were to take the train from Akita to Tazawako what I had not realized is that the train station closest to the pier was actually Tsuchizaki. I knew that the Akita station should take just over 30 minutes by taxi this took less than 10 so the adventure starting with needing to take a train to Akita Station to take the Shinkansen. We managed to communicate with several nice people that assisted us to get on a train to Akita, where we were able to board. We decided since this was our own little excursion we would splurge and bought what is called Green Car seats, these are like first class on a plane. Next time we return to Japan we most likely would do a regular seat but this was fun to say we did this.

Our little excursion to Tazawako turned out just as I had planned and we were back at the ship at close to 3.

As I mentioned tonight was formal night about 5 when it would have been time to start getting ready for formal night, I looked at Tom and said I really don’t feel like getting dressed up, he agreed. So we read a bit longer and about 6:30 headed up to Horizon Court where it was packed with many that obviously felt the same way we did. The food has been amazingly good all week there. I was not that hungry since I had a slice of pizza right after we had returned.

Now we are back in the cabin with lots of motion to the ocean here on the aft. I have to say I am surprised on how much movement we have felt. After almost 50 cruises of which more than half have been aft cabins we have far more movement. Although it could just be the seas.

Tomorrow morning we are having our Ultimate Balcony Breakfast but it will not be on the balcony, thankfully we have a nice large dining table inside. It most likely will be cold windy and rainy. While we did not see rain today it was cold (low 50’s)

Below are some pictures from today.

ab01e8e074d2d713ededaa78f30014ba.jpgc7baa0af1c7e3c8c6d34a9536fafa1ac.jpgdc7429a0310244e6ad48e4ffff4fa563.jpg5e739b571705af9d899a757b8e297714.jpgce44da965dc6f04e268700b44e78995b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, thank you for all the beautiful photos, we will be on the Diamond in February I was wondering how crowded the pool areas are, we have 5 sea days and hoping to sit by the pool. Will you be posting a detailed review ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, thank you for all the beautiful photos, we will be on the Diamond in February I was wondering how crowded the pool areas are, we have 5 sea days and hoping to sit by the pool. Will you be posting a detailed review ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The pools never seemed very crowded but then this place was a port intensive cruise, with that many sea days and different demographics of passengers it could be totally different.