Anthem - WHat are WOW bands?

I am cruising on Sunday so I may have quite a few questions this week - thank you in advance!

What are WOW bands? Where do I get them? I've seen them mentioned here a lot.

Thanks!

WOW bands are an alternate form of room key available at Guest Services. They are a wrist band, and you can also use them to make purchases, though people report having to take them off at times when buying drinks.

Thanks guys!

Is the line long to get the Wow bands on Day 1?

I sailed on Anthem 2 weeks ago. We initially stood in line at Guest Services to get WOW bands right after we boarded - and after waiting 10 minutes we were told to go across to Boleros to get them. Not sure if that was something unique to our cruise or if it's how they also do it during embarkation.

We walked into Boleros and found a crew member sitting at a table by himself - no line!

They had blue or yellow bands. They are indeed tricky to put on - but at after a little practice it does get easier.

The crew member used a computer to activate the bands, but then we had to write our stateroom info on a sheet and sign for the band. Maybe he lost that piece of paper or something, but the charges for the bands (one for my wife and one for me) never showed up on our account!

Even better, I was able to immediately walk over to the bar at Boleros and get a drink using the WOW band!! The band worked great as the room key, also. Just tap it on the reader on the door and it immediately unlocks!

Another tip - if you don't want to take the band off, walk down next to the cash register when you order your drink - their card/band reader will stretch a little bit so you should be able to reach your arm across the counter and have it read the band while it's still on your wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums