LIVE from the Majestic Princess 7-Day Rome-Barcelona 4/9/17

CanadianBurger

me too! your photos bring back great memories, thank you! did they drop the 'no photos' rule in the sistine chapel or are you naughty?!

I was naughty, but very discrete, unlike some blatantly holding up cameras, which the Swiss Guard did nothing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked Rome Cabs, a car service, both from the airport to our hotel, and from the hotel to the port. They were very professional. At the airport, our driver was waiting with a name sign, and today he was waiting in the lobby of our hotel for us. We booked a deluxe van, so we would have more room for us and bags, which was only €5 more than a car. The fares were €55 from the airport to our hotel, and €135 from our hotel directly to the port. We highly recommend this company if you're traveling to Rome.

The trip from our hotel to the port was only about one hour and fifteen minutes, as there was no traffic.

Here's a first pic of the Majestic from the port:97b0a748703fccfc35047d734524a00a.jpg

We were early, arriving about 10:30. There was no line, we went right through Security, and check-in opened just as we arrived. Currently waiting in the elite boarding area. 04bd484013321a1728a819f39a36d5eb.jpg

Majestic Keycard!07ad09b3162e23f30a6baee6aa659b4b.jpg

They let me peek around the corner for a pic. fff7cb511371427b714c27b9fb21e01d.jpg

Boarding started by 11:20, and we were in our cabin by 11:30. We have a standard balcony stateroom, but with the extended angled balcony. 9181080e9d862dd8da192c6629cd1362.jpg

461ea06b3126718b90670c124a6deeed.jpg

dff2d0bdebe78da067445516a2787200.jpg

8370822f897b5bda5b697ee250346f1f.jpg

Locks are RFID, so no more holes punched in cards.6d477861389ab06e415c900eaf6b5804.jpg

Everything looks identical in the cabin to the Regal/Royal except the toilet paper roll is on the away side from the toilet, which I think is an improvement from reaching behind.

THANK YOU for your wonderfully clear photos, even the "naughtily sneaked" photos of the Sistine Chapel!

I was delighted to see the handrails going down into the Lotus Spa pool. Because of physical disability, I have a real problem trying to climb a ladder out of a pool, I can get in by sitting on the side and plunging into the pool but getting out independently is a right challenge.

If I ever sail the Majestic, Royal or Regal, it will probably be in an inside cabin. I sail solo so pay double-but get all the bed, towels, toiletries and canapés (when I buy them) to myself. :D

Your earlier post on the flight over has inspired me to look at pricing a Business Class flight if I need a connecting flight to embarkation. I have the choice of 2 airlines, 1 I've personally flown with, the other is strongly recommended by my cousin-who is particular about service and pricing, so I trust her judgement.

Hi love the photos. Have noticed from the Patter you posted that you have the vocalist Jonathan Ansell on board, how lucky he is a fantastic vocalist from the group G4. I hope he will be on our trip from Singapore to Shanghai .

Hi,

I am currently enjoying a drink at the wake bar. I can see this will be a fav.

THis is my 1st princess cruise.... haven't walked whole ship yet.

So far biggest quirk I see is elevators don't have deck names. Just floor number. And my room starts with 7 and I am on the 11th floor. So there will be no common sense to find room lol.

Know your floor before u board lol.

Looks like a beautiful day to sail.

Kerri

Lotus Spa and The Enclave

f23663359162085d18545a50b970852c.jpg

It looks like the area in the front of your picture where the "water beds" in the Enclave on the Royal and Regal were have been replaced by more tile loungers. Inquiring minds want to know, are the loungers heated?