Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

Just FYI and I hope I'm not duplicating any other post -

Starting June 20th through August 31st, the Sip n' Sail Promo will be running for cruises from "Summer 2018 through Spring, 2019". I don't have anything more specific than that at this moment. If you book a mini-suite or full suite, you also get one free specialty dinner. :)

I'm wondering if it will apply to longer cruises. I have it for my 28 day this coming October but I would dearly love to have it for the 49 day we booked for February 2019.

We are booked on the 49 day South Amercia cruise in 2019. When be booked Princess gave us $1,000.00 OBC

for booking. If they offer the drink package for this cruise would we lose the OBC?

Thanks,

Betty

We are booked on the 49 day South Amercia cruise in 2019. When be booked Princess gave us $1,000.00 OBC

for booking. If they offer the drink package for this cruise would we lose the OBC?

Thanks,

Betty

Most likely yes. Was the OBC for anything in particular?

I totally agree, as I would prefer a lower fare as well. I don't really drink, so sip and sale does nothing for me.

Thanks! I know many on these boards just love this promo, personally I prefer a lower fare!! But would never argue with both!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a good question, Thrak. I would definitely compare prices before and after the Sip n' Sail. In the past, the fares have gone up on some cruises, thus making the 'free' drinks not such a great deal.

The weird thing about our 28 day in October is that it was listed at the same price as last year but this year included the Sip and Sail. We jumped on it. Of course now it is currently about $200 pp less than our booking price but that price doesn't include the Sip and Sail. On a 28 day cruise the Sip and Sail package for two people comes to a whopping $3,218.20 so I'm not really interested in losing that perk in order to re-fare at the lower rate. (I would never pay that much for drinks but love having it as a perk. :cool:)

Most likely yes. Was the OBC for anything in particular?

It was a launching OBC from Princess. If you booked a Balcony or Mini Suite.

Edited by HEINER
Wrong word

In anticipation of the Sip & Sail promotion I made myself a note showing the launch fare that I booked a 14-day cruise at last March and a 14-day & 7-day cruises I booked last month. I also made note of the value of the all inclusive beverage package. ($804.30 for a 14 day cruise, $402.15 for a 7 day cruise.)

When the promo starts I will check the fares charged at that time to see if I would be better off to cancel and rebook under the promo or stick with my existing booking.

Then, just for the heck of it, I checked the fares being charged today for my 3 bookings. The two 14-day bookings fares have gone up by $100 per person and the 7-day booking has gone up $50 per person.

The weird thing about our 28 day in October is that it was listed at the same price as last year but this year included the Sip and Sail. We jumped on it. Of course now it is currently about $200 pp less than our booking price but that price doesn't include the Sip and Sail. On a 28 day cruise the Sip and Sail package for two people comes to a whopping $3,218.20 so I'm not really interested in losing that perk in order to re-fare at the lower rate. (I would never pay that much for drinks but love having it as a perk. :cool:)

If you each average $7.25 a day on drinks on a 28 day cruise, which isn't hard to do even drinking soft drinks ,It would cost you $203 each. I wouldn't bat an eye at that price reduction. You struck gold on that booking.

How did the OBC in lieu of the drink package compare in $?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe it maxed out at $250 per person and you couldn't swap it for one person and keep the AIBP for the other person in the cabin.