Any Updates on the Pacific Princess Dry Dock????

chamima

Regarding Club Class Dining:

They have implemented it - very small section of the dining room. I think only about 24 cabins. CD said they can come anytime during dining hours and they are making special dishes for that section only. They order off the main dining room menu, but have specialty dishes too. I believe a tableside pasta dish nightly and some other goodies too. You use the same entrance to the dining room as there is only one!

Interesting. So much for the rumors of Deck 10 speciality restaurant reconfiguration.

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fellow RollCall member on a B2B with our cruise posted this:

Many of these updates noted in the article did not get completed. They are picking up a lot of the dining room upgrades in NYC. The cruise director came to our m&g and told us of all the problems encountered during dry dock. The new beds are fabulous! I will try to attach the new floor indicator on the elevator! So cool. He also told us they would be doing lots of tech upgrades in the next 36 days. 3af60750ac8871a9760c25a616aa0bb3.jpg

We were advised several years ago that the cruise before a dry dock and the cruise after the dry dock will have pre and unfinished work being completed. This was true on the Diamond Princess a few years ago and that dry dock was very long with a great deal of "unfinished" work. Half of the televisions were on demand and the rest the old system so you never knew when a movie was going to start.

Today they installed new "drapes" in the buffet area. These are very unique-they are grey net material and are see through. The new seating on the back of the ship is going up slowly. Here is a picture of the new table and chairs. They are super comfy!!!

d51581f0446fab192fbb748095ae9272.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today they installed new "drapes" in the buffet area. These are very unique-they are grey net material and are see through. The new seating on the back of the ship is going up slowly. Here is a picture of the new table and chairs. They are super comfy!!!

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to more pictures. Is the tv system one where movies just repeat and you have no idea when they will start or is the system more like on the Royal and Regal with on demand?

Cool picture, thanks for sharing.....:):):)

Bob

Whoohoo! All new gym equipment! Yeah! Thanks for all the info. Getting really excited to see the make-over!

Great news. Any other updates? You would think that Princess would update info on the dry dock on its website.

I do kinda wonder with those tables if they now have fewer tables out on the open back. They look like they're larger. It can be hard enough to get a seat out there at times, if they have fewer tables that would kinda suck. But they do look nice.

I do kinda wonder with those tables if they now have fewer tables out on the open back. They look like they're larger. It can be hard enough to get a seat out there at times, if they have fewer tables that would kinda suck. But they do look nice.

Lots of all sizes available - but way too cold to enjoy right now. Lots of new carpet. New chairs in some areas. I am still trying to get facts on what is new and what is not!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...