Zuiderdam - Still Code Red?

schag001

Going on the Zuiderdam next Saturday May 17th and read in a post that they did a full clean in 2 ports.

San Diego and Vancouver.

Noro and some other nasty stuff lingering around.

Seems bad if they can't get it under control.

Anyone that can comment on the current situation on board?

Going on board with a 23 month old who is hyper sensitive.

There is a live thread on the HAL boards right now. It sounds like as of the last post, it was still there but of course after Vancouver there would be the two days of Code Orange anyways

It was code red when I got off the ship in Vancouver this past Saturday. I was on for 4 days, and this was the first time I've ever been on a ship that was Code Red the whole time - quite inconvenient.

I didn't personally meet anyone who was sick, or had been sick, but I saw people doing things that weren't good hygiene in general. For instance, the couple in the Lido who coughed into their hands and then touched everything.

Roz

It was code red when I got off the ship in Vancouver this past Saturday. I was on for 4 days, and this was the first time I've ever been on a ship that was Code Red the whole time - quite inconvenient.

I didn't personally meet anyone who was sick, or had been sick, but I saw people doing things that weren't good hygiene in general. For instance, the couple in the Lido who coughed into their hands and then touched everything.

Roz

We have been on quite a few ships that were in Code Red.

On a 15 day Hawaiian cruise, we were in Code Red for 13 of 15 days. Library closed, pools closed, even for a while the beauty salon was closed.

Hi Frank, just chatted with HAL to ask about the Code Red and they told me that they had no report of this.

We board this Saturday and I am concerned...........

Nothing to be concerned about. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't let new pax board.

Take the necessary precautions and your cruise will be fine.

Nothing to be concerned about. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't let new pax board.

Take the necessary precautions and your cruise will be fine.

Safe? What does that mean exactly? They will let pax on but I'm pretty sure they give the option to cancel.

Hi Frank, just chatted with HAL to ask about the Code Red and they told me that they had no report of this.

We board this Saturday and I am concerned...........

I an in the l ido now looking at empty hot tubs and no self service- we have passed 48 hours. We are definitely in code (I believe red).

We have only heard AGI on board. No one has said Noro or Norwalk at any time.

we had salt and pepper and normal code orange in Vancouver but right back the next morning. Crew has been GREAT- I feel bad because the are.working so hard to keep everything clean.

Please excuse my ignorance about colour coding. Can someone inform me what these codes mean? I' guessing that these codes have similar meanings to traffic lights. Green means go. Red means stop. Orange means use caution. Am I on the right track?

Think again. They will not give you an option to cancel.

DON

What makes you think that. I have heard of specific instances. It wouldn't happen for cruise further down the road lets say in july but if you were boarding next i'm pretty sure that would be an option.

Edited by cruz chic

Think again. They will not give you an option to cancel.

DON

Our 2012 Baltic cruise, we were advised by email, two days before cruise, of late boarding for deep cleaning and were given the option to cancel for full refund or rebook to a later date. We were already in Europe, so went ahead and sailed - code red for first week of cruise, but fortunately we didn't get sick.

Since the illness was on the San Diego to Vancouver segment, and seems to be continuing on the Alaska segment, it must be from passengers who are also on the continuing segment - or from crew. Sure hope they get a handle on it soon or it will be a very long Alaska season for the Z.

Our 2012 Baltic cruise, we were advised by email, two days before cruise, of late boarding for deep cleaning and were given the option to cancel for full refund or rebook to a later date. We were already in Europe, so went ahead and sailed - code red for first week of cruise, but fortunately we didn't get sick.

Since the illness was on the San Diego to Vancouver segment, and seems to be continuing on the Alaska segment, it must be from passengers who are also on the continuing segment - or from crew. Sure hope they get a handle on it soon or it will be a very long Alaska season for the Z.

Thank you. I was positive I had heard it before.

I an in the l ido now looking at empty hot tubs and no self service- we have passed 48 hours. We are definitely in code (I believe red).

We have only heard AGI on board. No one has said Noro or Norwalk at any time.

we had salt and pepper and normal code orange in Vancouver but right back the next morning. Crew has been GREAT- I feel bad because the are.working so hard to keep everything clean.

AGI (acute gastro-intestinal symptoms) is the blanket term. Noro or Norwalk (same thing) is an AGI virus, but cannot be proven until fecal samples are analyzed in a lab.

Since there has not been an outbreak update posted to CDC, the levels onboard have not reached the 3% (pax and crew) level. While continuing outbreaks (more than one cruise in a row) are difficult to handle for the crew, if the outbreaks remain below 3%, until there are generally 3 cruises in a row with more than 2% cases, USPH will not send an investigation team. It will also depend on the trend of cases/day. If the trend is downwards at the end of each cruise, this is a good sign, if it stays flat or increases as the cruise goes along, new methods may need to be implemented.