Review!! Carnival Breeze 4/15/2018, E Caribbean

Devo1459

First off thanks to everyone that has posted reviews and comments on cruise critic. I have found this site to be an invaluable source of information for our last several cruises, excursions, port reviews and places to stay. I just love researching things before we sail.

A bit about us. My wife and I have been married for 35 years so this was our 35th wedding anniversary cruise. This will also be the 19th cruise that we have been on. We have sailed on Carnival many times, Celebrity, HAL, Princess, Royal C, NCL & American Hawaii cruise line which was way back when. We got hooked on Carnival when the kids were young as it was the obvious choice for the family. Now our kids are grown, and they continue to cruise and also like Carnival. Is it my favorite? It depends on different factors. However, If I had to say which is the best of all of them? It would be Celebrity. I think their food & ships are above all the others we have sailed on. In researching what cruise like to take I just couldn’t find a Celebrity ship that worked for this trip. It seems their ships are all over the world and the few they have in the Caribbean those itineraries just didn’t work out. We chose the Carnival Breeze this cruise for a few reasons. One, we live in Scottsdale, Arizona, so flying to Galveston is easy as we have lots of SW Airlines points. Yes, there is the 50 minute drive from Hobby Houston to Galveston, but it’s still faster than going all the way to Ft Lauderdale. Although we love sailing out of there and Miami. Another reason is we wanted to try a Carnival 2.0 ship. We have been on the Magic twice in the past. Once in Europe and once doing the W. Caribbean. Loved that ship. But, it didn’t have Guy’s and or Iguana restaurant when we sailed on her. Also, we have done the Cozumel, Roatan, Belize trip a few times and we wanted to hit Key West again. We were there on a cruise about 3 years ago and loved hanging out. Since this is a special occasion we also booked a Cloud 9 Balcony room in cabin 12007.

Off we go. We woke up Saturday am at about 5:15 for our 8:30 flight to Houston. When we travel somewhere we always pack the morning of the trip. Typically, we will get up about 90 minutes before we leave for the airport, shower, pack and out the door. I guess what makes it easy for us Is we have travel lists. Heading to Mexico…we have a list….beach in California…we have a list..cruise, we have a list. We were out the door by 6:30 and heading to Sky harbor airport. I found $4 a day parking at Sundance travel so that was the first stop, park the car and onto the shuttle. Since it was a Saturday am, traffic was light at the airport and we breezed through security with our TSA Pre-check. I run most of my Real Estate business and all our other living expenses on the SW Airlines Visa so we fly free everywhere and my wife has the companion pass. The flight to Dallas for our connection turned out to be a bumpy one( In case you are wondering there were no direct flights to Hobby, strange but true). A storm front had just gone through Phoenix the day before and we had constant 20-25 mph winds for a day or so. I guess we were flying through that weather. The last half of the flight the flight attendants were told to sit down, but actually it wasn’t that bad.

We had a short connection at Dallas and then Landed at Houston Hobby a little later then scheduled, at about 3:40 pm. We had a rental car with budget and the process of renting the car was smooth as silk. A quick drive down the 45 and we were in Galveston. ......more soon

Following. On the Breeze in March 2019, but out of Port Canaveral, FL. We will be celebrating our 49th Anniversary. The following year in 2020 we have the Magic booked for our 50th Anniversary. Hoping our whole family books also for that one—-5 children and spouses and 14 grandchildren!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

....continuing review

We headed directly to the prestigious RoadWay Inn hotel in Galveston. Ok, it’s not that great of a hotel. But for $102 plus tax, it was clean and convenient. The location was good as it was close to the cruise terminal and not to far from the beach area and restaurants. Since this is our second cruise out of Galveston, the first being on the Magic a few years ago, we sort of knew our way around. After checking in we drove down the main drag along the beach and stopped at the Brickyard restaurant for a few adult beverages. The beer was cold and my wife’s margarita was delicious. The view from the bar to the beach was nice too. It was not very warm in Galveston as the temperature was around 62, but we had jackets with us so all was good. We had dinner reservations at Gaido’s for 7:30 so after we left the Brickyard it was straight to dinner. We chose this place as we ate there a few years ago and had a great meal. It did not disappoint this time either. Oysters, shrimp bisque and red snapper was shared between the two of us. What a great dinner. With full belly’s we headed back to the hotel for some relaxing and reading and then bed.

Here is a little more background. Our youngest of two sons just got married on April 6th and they happened to be on the Breeze the week before us. So we made a plan that when they were ready to get off the ship I would pick them up in our rental and then we would hang at the Starbucks by the cruise terminal until they needed to head back to Houston Hobby for their flight back to Phoenix. We checked out of our hotel at about 8am and drove to the Starbucks and parked. No issue finding a place to park but the inside was a zoo. We stood for about 15 minutes and finally snagged a table to sit at. Since the kids decided to get off the ship last they actually didn’t get off until about 9:45 and it took them another 30 to get through customs. We enjoyed out coffee and kindals and were very anxious to see them and get on board. Once they were out of the terminal I picked them up and brought them back to the Starbucks. We still enjoyed over an hour with the honeymooners and we got to hear all about their cruise. They had a great time. In case you are wondering, when they flew to Houston a week ago on Saturday they had Island Breeze shuttle take them from the airport to their hotel in Galveston. Now that it was time for them to head to Hobby for their flight, they took our rental car and turned it in at Budget. My car rental was $42 including the tax for a standard. We will take Island Breeze back to Hobby when our cruise is done. Ok, so the kids left the Starbucks with the rental car at about 11:30 and it was now time for us to wait for our 12-12:30 embarkation time.

Embarkation: We left Starbucks at about 11:45 for the seven minute walk to the terminal. We wheeled our two suitcases down the sidewalk, found a porter who was taking luggage and then proceeded into the terminal at about 11:55. Although we were 5 minutes early for our time slot they waved us right in. This was one of the smoothest and fastest boardings ever. We went to the check in area, showed our boarding passes and passports and then went through security. Since I had two bottles of Prosseco in my backpack the security guard had me pull them out and he tested to make sure the bottles were unopened. We bought the Prosseco the evening before, since you can't buy alcohol until noon. We literally were on the ship by 12:10 and eating lunch by 12:25. We were expecting long lines through the terminal but were happily surprised how fast and efficient it was. to be continued...

....continuing review

" In case you are wondering, when they flew to Houston a week ago on Saturday they had Island Breeze shuttle take them from the airport to their hotel in Galveston. Now that it was time for them to head to Hobby for their flight, they took our rental car and turned it in at Budget. My car rental was $42 including the tax for a standard. We will take Island Breeze back to Hobby when our cruise is done."

Brilliant plan!! I was wondering if you were going to park the rental car for the week or turn it in before getting on the Breeze.

The rental car situation from the airports to Galveston and back drives me crazy!:eek: I would pay up to $50 more to do a one way rental but not the price they want! It makes no sense. For every one way rental, there would be someone to rent it going the other way back to Houston. Geeze Louise!:rolleyes:

By the way loving your review and congratulations to your youngest son and daughter in law!!

Hi. We live in Scottsdale Az as well, right around the Saguaro high school area. The wife Linda and I are booked on the Carnival Breeze next May 2019 sailing out of Port Canaveral Fl so looking forward to reading more of your review. Thanks.

Its weird my son when he flew out with his wife the week before had a direct flight to Hobby but the next Sat there were none unless we wanted to get in late, which we did not.

We live in Grayhawk in N Scottsdale and I grew up near Saguaro and went to high school there.

Now that we are on the ship its time for a cold one at the Tequila bar. The Lido deck and pool area was starting to get loud and busy. Great people watching. Having the cheers program but this being Galveston we had to pay for our drinks, but its vacation...who cares. Next a little food. Off to the Lido deck cafe and some chow. Surprisingly the lines were super small and we found a nice table by the window to catch our breath. Having finished our lunch it was time to go exploring. Don't you just love checking out new ships? I always love getting on a ship for the first time and exploring. Ok, who am I kidding, I love being on a ship no matter what. I mean seriously that’s why we all lurk on Cruise Critic anyway…right?

Once on the ship we headed to Lido for a cold one at the Tequila bar and then into the buffet for some food. It actually was not very crowded at all. We grabbed some chow, found a nice table by the window and relaxed. Having finished our lunch it was time for some more exploring, I always love getting on a ship for the first time and exploring. Ok, who am I kidding, I love being on a ship no matter what. I mean seriously that’s why we all lurk on Cruise Critic anyway…right?

Time to go to the cabin and unload our backpack and other carry on. Note: We did not have FTTF as it was sold out. Actually not sure I would have bought it for $80 anyway. We have purchased it in the past but, considering how fast we boarded we certainly did not need it. As this was a special occasion cruise, we booked a cabin in the Cloud 9 spa section. We had a balcony cabin. Cabin # 12007, starboard side. We were actually the 4th room from the front. Upon arriving at the cabin (1:40) we noticed it was not quite done. A little trash to unload and vacuum and then it would be ready. Back to explore for a bit and then we would check on the room again. Now this part is funny after the fact. Upon returning to the cabin it was ready and looked great. Our Steward Karam was there and introduced himself. He was very friendly too. I asked for a big ice bucket for the champagne, ice for the small bucket and told him we want room service twice a day. I tipped him $20 right from the start and he was fantastic. I then noticed the safe didn’t work. It seemed to be locked open. It really wasn’t it turned out we were just being dumb. So off to the guest services we go and here comes the funny part. Sorta!! We walk out the cabin, the door slams shut and I realize our phones, sail & sign cards, everything are in the cabin. Oh oh. 19 cruises, 1st time for that one. I had only had 2 beers at this time too. What the heck??? No Karem to be found it turns out he is on break. Down to guest services now for the safe and some key help. Long story short the line at the front desk was short and they were great. They gave me a door key only card and we were good to go. We used the door key only to put in the slot inside the cabin to keep the lights on. It stayed in the slot the whole rest of the cruise. Next stop to check out the spa and more of the ship........

The muster drill was next. Approx 3:15 and we all were herded like cows down to the Spot light lounge. Our station was on deck 5. Forward. For some reason this muster seemed to take a little longer than any others in the past. Our muster station was missing about 12 guests so I guess that was the hold up verifying if people were there or not. Once the horns and sirens went off at the end of the drill it was back to our room to see if our luggage came. Still not there, but never fear off to check some stuff out on the ship. It was a very chilly am in Galveston when we woke up but approaching sail away it had warmed up pretty good and the sun was out. The RC ship was next to us in port and they got out before we did. Soon after she went past us our ships lines were taken off and we started to push away from the dock. Yippie. The wife and I headed to deck 11 forward and there is a door there that leads to a viewing area at the front of the ship. How did I know about this? Well past cruises and I read it on Cruise Critic!!! We had an excellent view of the front and if we walked to the left or right we could see fully to the side too. Man, that water in Galveston is brown. We hung out on the front until we were making the final turn for the gulf. Back to the room and YES, we have luggage. We unpacked, in record time of course, so now it's time to relax for the next 7 days. Since we had spa cabins it was time to hit the spa and see what awaits us. We were both excited to try the therapy pool, the heated loungers and the wet steam rooms. They did not disappoint. I loved sitting on the heated loungers and just relaxing. The relaxation room had chilled flavored waters with either lemon or orange. It was a great way to hydrate. They had a dry steam room which we never used. My wife like the aroma steam and spent most of the time in there. The Therapy pool was almost always a good temperature, maybe 100. Not to warm and lots of violent bubble action. Also, I never showered in our cabin. I always wore my robe to the spa( yes my swim suit was underneath) and then showered in one of the large showers there. There was shampoo and bath wash and lots and lots of fluffy towels to use all throughout the spa area.I kept my face razor in my robe pocket at all times and typically shaved later afternoon. For those that ever book on deck 12, starboard side if you go all the way forward there is a side door that leads into the gym. If you try to find it from the gym area it’s a little tricky as its part of the wall and mirrors but you can find it as there is a door handle there. I never saw anyone else but us use it. A quick pass through the gym and you are in the spa area and then it's one flight up to all the therapy rooms.

Now that we were refreshed, it was time to put on some casual clothes, grab a cocktail and head out to listen to some of the ship board music. The Polaris trio was a violin group that was playing all week and they were great to listen to. In case you are wondering we had Any Time Dining. When we booked we were on the wait list for it but it showed up on our booking within 2 weeks. But wait!! Tonight we were heading to the Steakhouse to celebrate our 35 years, even though it was really on the second night. The reservation was at 8 and we arrived a few minutes early. They were happy to seat us and we had a great table for two next to the window. I don’t remember the name of our waitress but she was from Romania and she was awesome. Very friendly, at our every need and fun to talk to. First selection, the wine. Yes, it's true on the first night they have a free bottle of wine if you dine with them. Also, everything on their wine list is 50% off the list price. They have some fantastic reserve bottles you can choose. We opted for the Far Niente Cab 2014 and it was priced at $180. Half off price $90. A smoking deal in any restaurant. It did not disappoint either. Our waitress did the whole decanting routine and we felt like royalty. For dinner my wife ordered the baked onion soup, baby green spinach salad and the Lobster tail. I went with the lobster bisque soup, caeser salad and the Surf and Turf which was lobster and a smaller filet. Both the lobster and the steak were cooked to perfection and very good quality. We have some awesome steak restaurants in Scottsdale and the meat was dang near as good. The $35 a person is a great value. We would do it more often but it such a feed bag that once a trip is enough. I really like doing the Steakhouse early in the cruise, by the 5th or 6th night I fill up way faster. Probably because I am eating every 2 hours. For dessert we ordered the Chef’s presentation. If you have not done it…Do It. It's pretty fun to watch. He comes out with a huge chilled board and makes all sorts of creations with flavored sauces, cookies, candies, cakes and ice cream. It was very yummy and way too much, but we managed to eat most of it. Interesting fact. If you eat in the Steakhouse the first night you can buy as many additional bottles of wine at 50% off and take them to your room. They don't uncork them either. Also, she told us if we came back the second night we could also get the wines at 50% off during dinner. I never read about that anywhere. I think we finished dinner up at about 10pm and off to the Piano bar for a bit music and then back over to the Breeze bar to listen to a little bit more music and then it was off to the cabin for some sleep.

Monday – A day at Sea.

The rest of this review won't be as detailed, but I will hit all the highlights of what our days looked like. I think we got out of bed by about 7:30 which is late for us and headed down to the Coffee Café and got a specialty coffee with our Cheers cards. Yippie, the Cheers cards are now working!!! Then it was up to Serenity deck to grab a half shell lounger. I was very surprised this morning how at the main Lido pool and the Serenity area there was NO chair saving going on. We easily found a clam shell lounger and proceed to turn into lounge lizards. Bar service was plentiful and we never needed to get up except to go to the bathroom. We love the serenity area. Its only adults, the PA speaker you can't hear at all, there is a bar right behind you on the starboard side, the spa is one deck down and the bathroom and our cabin is super close by. Lunch time we tried our first Guys burger ever. Ummm, yea it was good, but not fantastic. Give me cold beers and cheeseburger restaurant here in town anytime. It is fun to choose the type of burger you want and then load up your toppings. I did not care for the spicy fries. Come on!!! Bring back the regular french fries that used to be on Carnival. Those rocked!!! We did grab a few deserts, but my wife and I always laugh at Carnival's deserts. You stare at them and think OMG that looks so good, then you bite into and it's like not that great. Swirls ice cream!!! The bomb!!! So good....so good. Early afternoon we abandoned out lounger and my wife headed to the room for some reading and napping. I went off to red frog pub on the Lido deck pool side to drink a beer or two and make some new friends. By 3:30 pm I headed back to the room laid down on the bed and boom I was out for about 25 minutes. An awesome power nap. My wife had napped too and we decided to hit the spa. We spent about an hour there in the therapy rooms and pool, showered, shaved and then relaxed reading on the balcony. Tonight was elegant night. I had a suit and tie and my wife had a very glamorous dress. We looked great!! Our pre-dinner routine was hit the breeze bar, listen to some music and then head into dinner. About 7:15 we walked to the dinning area right behind the breeze bar deck 3. This is anytime dining. The lady handed us a pager and we waited about 15 minutes for a table for 2. This is the only night we had to wait. Probably because it was elegant night. Our waiter was good, a little hard to understand though. Dinner was good, not great! We had the prime rib and lobster. Nothing like the steakhouse dinner but still fun. Carnival Melting Cake, oh ya baby. After dinner we headed back to the show lounge to catch the adult show. We got there at 8:55 for the 9:30 show got some great seats and by 9:10 it was standing room only. Forgot the name of the comedian, I believe his last name was Love? It was a 35 minute show and we had some good laughs. After that we headed to the breeze bar area for a nightcap, some music and then off to bed. I actually read on the balcony for about 10 minutes but my eyelids won the battle and it was sleep time. Tomorrow, Freeport.

Following. DW and I will be on breeze in 13 days may 6 can’t wait. We too have a spa balcony. Really enjoy your descriptions of that. We were on the breeze last year but not in spa area.

Great review so far. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Key West:

Just so I don’t forget. The weather during the whole trip was perfect. It seemed like it got a little warmer each day and the ocean for the most part was flat and calm. (Oh, wait......we did have something very unexpected happen as we were leaving Nassua. You will just have to wait to read about it). Ok, on with the review. One of the reasons we choose this ship and itinerary was we really wanted to go back to Key West. We did a RC cruise about 2 years ago and that was our first time there. We really enjoyed it. We were due to get in Key Weat at 10am so we had plenty of time to wake up, enjoy some coffee on the balcony, have a nice breakfast in the Lido and then watch us sail in. We did have room service in the morning a few times. Its pretty basic, coffee, tea, dry pastries and I had Tony the Tiger. LOL, I don't get that at home so I think I had it everyday. Yum. To watch us come into the port we headed back to our spot on the front of the ship deck 11. The pilot had just come on board as we could see the boat zoom away. Although Key West is not like sailing into St Thomas or some of the other dramatic islands, I still like the emerald green water, the little islands to the West of the Key and just how flat it is. By 10:15 we were docked and it was all ashore. We didn't have an excursion planned other then we wanted to shop a little and I wanted to visit the Hogs Breath Bar before we got back on the ship. We strolled through the town,purchased some T-shirt s and my wife bought a really cute coverup. Hard Rock was close by so.why not! We bellied up and each had a cold beverage. She loved her margarita by the way. My bud light was ice cold. It was nice to get out of the sun for a few minutes. The Carnival Victory was in port also, but they left by 1:30 pm. However, while we were shopping, there were a lot of people out and about. 2nd to last stop? You guessed it, key lime pie. Yum, you have to have it. By now we had been off the ship about 2 hours and I wanted to get back on and have lunch and enjoy the ship to ourselves. But first, Hogs Breath for an ice cold Red Stripe. It really is a true dive bar but I just like it. So we got back to the ship, changed into our swim suits, grabbed our kindals and we headed to deck 11 aft, port side. If you have been on the Magic or Breeze there are wicker chairs and couches and big red umbrellas back there. I like the port side as that's the none smoking side.. So comfy. We grabbed some food, relaxed, read and I may have even studied the back of my eye lids a little bit. Around 4 pm we decided to head back to the cabin to relax on the balcony. We did hit the spa again this afternoon before we got ready for dinner. I love strolling up to the spa, grabbing a towel and heading straight into the steam room. I get a good sweat up then rinse off. There is shower right outside the steam door and then I soak in the therapy pool. 7 minutes or so in there and its onto a heated lounger for 10 minutes followed by a very cool shower. After all that I am raring to go. Here is another tip. 3 different nights we headed to the steakhouse for a glass of wine. They have a better selection of spirits and wines by the glass and of course they are all included on Cheers. Dinner in the dining room was good but I really can't remember what we had that night. It seemed like the food had slipped in quality a little since last we sailed. Oh wait I had the lasagna, not very good. However, most nights I had a cappuccino after dinner, again the Cheers card paid for it. After dinner we did our usual walking around and listening to some music. The comedian that we saw the other night was the only show we went to. The shows are just not our thing.

Coming up Freeport!

Freeport:

Wednesday of our cruise is the day we were ported in Freeport. Tie up time was 8am, ship time. We had not been to this island in a long time but really didn't have any interest in getting off the ship other than to shop at the dock side shops a little bit. We again had a lite breakfast delivered to our cabin so that we could enjoy some coffee on the balcony as we slowed down to enter the port. The port of Freeport if you havn't been there is not very pretty. It's very industrial and the port is full of container ships. I happen to love watching all that activity so it was fun. One of the RC ships was there in dry dock too. Can't remember the name of it. The other negative about the port is you can't walk to the downtown or any beaches. Its best to hook up with a Carnival excursion or book your own. After watching us dock, we headed back to deck 11 aft to lay around in our favorite loungers and couches. It was a beautiful day in the shade and a nice little tropical breeze. I had my Kindal, the food and drinks were close by so we hung out there until about noon time. Well, we did decide to get off the ship so we headed to our cabin, dropped out stuff off and found an elevator that took us to deck 0 where the gangway was. First stop, Senor Frogs. Hahah, I know we have a drink card but my wife wanted to get one of their margaritas. The place was jamming. Lots of cruise passengers in there, the music was loud and the drinks were icy cold. Next stop some shopping in the little huts. I couldn't tell if I was in Mexico, the Bahama's or where eever. All the vendor wares looked the same. You get what I'm saying. Well, back to the ship. Today we had planned to have lunch in the Cucina Del Capitono. This is an Italian restaurant serving some pretty yummy food. For lunch time it is free, no charge. In the evening it does have a charge and I believe it is $15 per person. We have never done the dinner, but have heard its very good too. So what you do is you go in and pick your pasta type, your sauces and all the extras you want in it. Sorta like Subway but different. lol. Hand your order to your waiter and within 15 minutes its served. Its really a must try if you have never done it. Now that we had a belly full of food it was time for some relaxing on the balcony of our cabin. Again, a very nice day and we had shade too. I loved sitting there and watching the ships go right by us. We did hit the spa again before dinner too. Hey, I wanted to get my monies worth for sure. One thing I thought was really fun on the ship was a game of Clue was going on during the week. So they had characters walking around and you could ask them questions just like the board game. I remember we were walking to the Red Pub for a Red Frog beer and Mrs White was in there. All dressed up like the board game. Love it! We hit up dinner and had no wait to get in. Every night we spent in the Any Time dining we breezed right in except the first Elegant night as I had mentioned. The fun part also was we sat in at least 3 different areas, so we had different tables and different wait staff. I have to say they were all excellent. Another comment was one of the ladies that poured wine at the Steakhouse bar and also worked the Coffee Café in the morning knew our names by day 2. How do they do that? I'm in sales and I can't remember names like that. Nothing much else to report for this day so I will continue on next with Nassau.

Nassau:

This is our final port of call before we have 2 days of sea and then back to Galveston. Does time just go by faster on a cruise ship? Or is it just me? Our docking time was 7am ship time, which was actually 8am island time. Contrary to Freeport, the port at Nassua is very pretty. You can see Atlantis from the ship and the main town and a lot of pretty colored water. We watched most of our docking from our cabin balcony. If you have been here before you know the ships all get close to the dock, then do a 180 and back in. This way you get to see most everything just by staying in one spot. No big plans for Nassau, surprise huh? We just wanted to do some walking around and shopping. We had the Carnival Elation tied up next to us so as far as passenger count the port was not that busy. We were here 2 years ago on RC and there were 4 ships total. Lots of people. Just an FYI, the last time we were hear we did a day pass at the Hilton. You can see it as the ship pulls into the dock. Its an easy walk to the hotel and the hotel and grounds are very well maintained, they have a nice beach and pool area too. I think we paid $60 each and had drinks and food included. There is also a free public beach just past that where you can rent chairs and they have food and drinks there too. The cruise port area shops are easy to get to and you can purchase anything you want from a $5 T Shirt to a $15,000 watch. Very fun there but a bit loud with all the traffic. The tours were in full affect as we got off as they had people in a multitude of lines heading off to cars and buses. We spent about 2 hours off the ship and you guessed it, back onto the ship. We have always wanted to do a cruise where we just never got off the ship but rather hung out when it was all to ourselves. Well we succeeded on this cruise. I can't say enough how nice it was to go to Lido for a snack and it was virtually empty. The remainder of our day was again spent aft on deck 11. From there we had a fantastic view looking DOWN on to the Elation. Haha, ours is bigger than yours! Also the view looking down the harbor, all the big yachts and pretty water made it hard to keep focusing on my reading. Most of the time I just hung at the edge of the railing with a cold beer in my hand, a gentle tropical breeze on my face and I just gazed. Well, here comes the interesting part. As the day was getting later there were a lot of big clouds building up. The weather channel app did say 40% chance of T-storms. All aboard was at 5pm and by this time the skys where we were heading were dark and we could see some rain. After watching the sail away a bit from our balcony we decided to wonder the ship and grab a cold one. We were on deck 12 walking aft and I said to my wive, wow look at that cloud its trying to form a water spout. Sure enough over the next 20 it got longer and longer and reached the water. It was not a big one but you could see the water twirling around and it was clearly touching from cloud to water. We were in no danger as it was probably a half mile behind us and we were both going in opposite directions. But, it was cool to watch. I won't bother you with the rest of the day as it was again filled with spa time, dinner and a fairly early to time to bed.