Sad, sad news from St. Lucia

CrzGrl62569

That is very sad news indeed. We've toured twice with Cosol and he was a wonderful guide with a great personality and a very obvious love for the island. Feel very badly for his family and friends, my condolences to them all. Hope they catch any and all responsible for this tragedy.

Should the violence in St. Lucia worry tourists?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No more than violence in USA worries those of us that visit thete. Or violence in UK worries those of us that visit there and so forth. I'm not being flip, by any means. You're much, much more likely to have a violent encounter where you live versus your short visit to St Lucia.

St Lucia isn't a utopia - nowhere is.

Violence or crime against visitors is quite rare here, although it does happen on occasion; and when it does, it's usually a crime of opportunity versus a violent crime, ie snatch and grab/petty theft versus any violence.

As anywhere, one needs to be aware their surroundings, secure their valuables, use reputable tour guides or drivers, don't get falling down drunk, don't wander off with strangers, etc.

Cosol's death is a real tragedy for his family, and for tourism in St Lucia. He was a truly wonderful man who loved his family deeply, and loved his country just as much. He shared that love with everyone who toured with him. His loss will be felt island-wide.

He will be sorely, sorely missed.

Feel fortunate to have met this guy back in May. Really down to earth and ran a top level operation. We were running behind due to a water taxi issue on the way back from Sugar Beach or I would of schooled him in dominos on the dock. Just a really good vibe.

Rest In Peace brother

• 2 weeks later...

OMG - he was my all time favorite guide. We went with him when he only owned one van. He was so personable and caring and loved his island. I went with him again when he owned a fleet and had employees and he still was as kind and thoughtful as the first time. St. Lucia and the world have lost a wonderful soul.

• 2 weeks later...
So sad. We had a tour booked with him :(

Anyone know if the tour company will go on or not so much?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes... I believe his brother-in-law has taken over...We recently booked with them for our Sept 19th port stop..quick confirmation..all sounds great...as family is carrying on his business.

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from St Lucia. We been on the tour before with Cosol . “Yellowbird”, Francis’s brother and partner, is still continuing the tours. The tour is great as before. He does pack in a full day. We left at 8:30AM and returned to the ship at 4PM. The tour included plenty of food and drink(water, soda, rum punch and beer).

Yellowbird told us they have three suspect they are investigating The police took away their passports and ordered them to remain on island.

• 4 weeks later...

Deepest condolences to Mr Cosol's family. Did a tour with his company/ brother in law "Yellow Bird" a few years ago. Enjoyed it very much. On the tour they went out of their way to rearrange the schedule so that I could do the mud bath while others went to the volcano. They had arranged for another guide to come with myself and my hubby and stay with us until we were picked up! Fabulous service. I do hope they can keep this reputable company going.

I hope his murderers are punished to the fullest extent of the law!!!!!

We just returned from the southern caribbean from a B2B on Freedom...Had the most amazing full day tour with Cosol.....our driver Baptist was AWSOME ... there were three Cosol bus groups that day...Yellowbird was driving one of them....but our driver Baptist seemed to be the spokesman in charge and coordinating everyone...so lucky to have been part of his group.

We just returned from the southern caribbean from a B2B on Freedom...Had the most amazing full day tour with Cosol.....our driver Baptist was AWSOME ... there were three Cosol bus groups that day...Yellowbird was driving one of them....but our driver Baptist seemed to be the spokesman in charge and coordinating everyone...so lucky to have been part of his group.

That is awesome! We are booked in October.