Need help uploading pics

whataboutport

How do I upload them so they are actually in the paragraph like a blog post, and not as an attachment under the post? I uploaded my pics to flickr and tried to grab the link to upload it under "upload file from URL" but I get an invalid file error. What type of file does it need to be?

I upload mine to Photobucket instead of Flicker, and once the pictures are there I can just click on the photo, use "Copy", then "Paste" right into the message where I want it. Like this:

0252Seattle012_zpsf2f54621.jpg

Or this, depending on whether you copy the full size photo or the smaller version in Photobucket.

bth_0252Seattle012_zpsf2f54621.jpg

No HTML code, no link, no yellow icons:

Start your Cruise Critic post, go to the place where you want to insert your photo.

In another window, open your Photobucket library to the photo you want.

Right click on your photo, COPY.

Go back to your CC post, and PASTE.

That's it! Do a "Preview Post" to see that it's what you want, then submit.

No HTML code, no link, no yellow icons:

Start your Cruise Critic post, go to the place where you want to insert your photo.

In another window, open your Photobucket library to the photo you want.

Right click on your photo, COPY.

Go back to your CC post, and PASTE.

That's it! Do a "Preview Post" to see that it's what you want, then submit.

That does not work for me. I have to click on the IMG (then it flashes yellow and says COPIED). On CC then click on INSERT IMAGE icon, and paste into box.

56d3c55d-0504-4560-b3ae-bc2e185c2cdc_zps1b58df39.jpg

Edited by Scrapnana

That's really strange - I wonder if the difference is due to operating systems. I'm using Windows 8 and the full Photobucket site, not the mobile site. Will check the Digital Photo Board and see if anyone's found why it works for some and not others.

To post photos, open an account at a photo hosting site such as Photobucket. Now upload the photo(s) you want to display to your PB account. For Photobucket, click on each uploaded photo(s), and you'll get something that looks like this:

Example01.jpg

Copy (left click on the URL) the IMG code and just paste (without the *'s) it into your post anywhere, for example: [*IMG]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m38/SailBadtheSinner/example.jpg[*/IMG]

To upload from Shutterfly, select the album first, then the photo you want to include the post. Double click on the photo to make it larger, and then place the cursor in the center of the photo. Right click and from the drop down menu, select Copy Image. Return to your CC post, and paste the photo anywhere into your post just as I have done here (my photo was a screen shot of my Shutterfly page):

ry%3D400

SBtS

Yeah for some reason copy and paste from Flickr did not work for me. So I re uploaded everything to photobucket and got the IMG tag code and now that works. On Flickr I only see two codes, html and bb, but nothing that starts with the IMG tag. Oh well. Anyway I got it figured out now on PB.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Since the OP uses Flickr, here is a grab of the link that you need to use to imbed your photos:

FLICKRUPLOAD_zps98cfec9a.jpg

Let us know if that helps!

Yes that was the link i was trying to get. It just came up as a link not the actual pic.

10988152796_ce07012c6c.jpg

P1070029 by capt_noonie, on Flickr

Oh sure NOW it works! I'm using a different computer, i guess that's why? either way, I got something working. Hmm, this computer is older than the other one i was using too so i wonder?

Edited by whataboutport

• 5 months later...

I use Snapfish; so far I can't get pictures to post right. Trying it again.

232323232%7Ffp54387%3Enu%3D3246%3E%3B46%3E8%3B5%3EWSNRCG%3D3777%3B69839329nu0mrj

I couldn't post just a picture. We'll see if this works.

Edit to say--looks like it did. Yay! I had to use the post a URL link at the top of this message when I was working on it.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I originally posted in November (Seattle sunrise photo) about how easy it was for me to copy photos from Photobucket by simply clicking on the image, then using "copy" and "paste" into the CC message. Lately that method hasn't worked for me, nor has copying the URL link from my address bar and using the "insert image" link on the reply page. After experimenting, I discovered that there has been a change on the Photobucket page; it now looks just a little different than it did in the screen shot posted by "SailBadtheSinner". Here's a new, slightly different screenshot (assuming this works!):

PhotobucketGhostMartiniScreenshot_zpse6e27590.jpg

To copy your photo, go to the right of the photo where it says "Links to Share This Photo". Click on the word "IMG", the bottom choice. The URL box will briefly turn yellow and say "Copied". Now go to your CC posting and "Paste" where you want the picture to appear. You don't need to use the "Insert Image" box at the top of the CC reply page. Still relatively simple once you figure it out!

Edited by Kartgv

I use Snapfish; so far I can't get pictures to post right. Trying it again.

232323232%7Ffp54387%3Enu%3D3246%3E%3B46%3E8%3B5%3EWSNRCG%3D3777%3B69839329nu0mrj

I couldn't post just a picture. We'll see if this works.

Edit to say--looks like it did. Yay! I had to use the post a URL link at the top of this message when I was working on it.

Of course--it's huge! Nest step: try to figure out how to get it smaller.

I originally posted in November (Seattle sunrise photo) about how easy it was for me to copy photos from Photobucket by simply clicking on the image, then using "copy" and "paste" into the CC message. Lately that method hasn't worked for me,

Good info on Photobucket.

Like you, I used to just go to PB, right click on the image, click copy, and then come here, reply to a message, and hit paste, and that was all there was to it.

Don't know why that changed, but, pretty simple to copy the IMG as you described.

• 1 month later...