Originally posted by JYD Hawkeye
Inside the port area is OK. I would not walk out of the gate on foot unless you like being grabbed and pulled at. You can see from the ship as you come into port what an impoverished city it is and these folks want you to come to their booth at the market outside the gate so they can make money for their family. What they don't understand is that by pulling on visitors and even fighting amongst themselves over your' business, they make people not want to go out the gate in the first place. If you want to see the island, book a tour with Courtney Taylor or another tour guide on the island and let them pick you up inside the gates.
I did an independent walking/culinary tour earlier this month in Falmouth. No one bothered us, nor did I see anyone else being bothered.

Despite what so many have posted on this board, Falmouth is a very nice little town.

And, btw, I was very disappointed with my tour with Courtney Taylor in September.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Email me!

I have cruised on:

Princess: Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess
Celebrity: Summit, Equinox
Royal Caribbean: Anthem, Quantum, Allure, Oasis, Harmony, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Radiance, Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Rhapsody, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign

Register for your Meet & Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do