Shuttles and taxis from NZ cruise ports

sunset sails

We are traveling in April on the HA Noordam. I realize this question has been addressed in the past for some ports, but want to get current information. Several of our ports do not appear to be within walking distance of the nearby towns. For instance, Port Chalmers is several miles from Dunedin. I would love to get information regarding shuttles and/or taxis available at the following ports and the approximate cost. Thanks in advance!

Port Chalmers

Picton

Wellington

Napier

Does Holland still tender into Paihia for Waitangi?

We are traveling in April on the HA Noordam. I realize this question has been addressed in the past for some ports, but want to get current information. Several of our ports do not appear to be within walking distance of the nearby towns. For instance, Port Chalmers is several miles from Dunedin. I would love to get information regarding shuttles and/or taxis available at the following ports and the approximate cost. Thanks in advance!

Port Chalmers

Picton

Wellington

Napier

Does Holland still tender into Paihia for Waitangi?

We did it with Princess, so it may vary slightly but they had shuttles not Pc, Pto and Wellington, we didn’t go to Napier.

At Picton, Noordam will berth at Waimahara Wharf, Shakespeare Bay, a free shuttle is provided from the ship into Picton township.

At Napier a free shuttle is provided into the information centre in town.

Wellington, a shuttle for a small charge into the city centre.

Port Chalmers a shuttle bus into central Dunedin, costing around $15.00 NZ .

The Wellington shuttle was free when we were there last February. You can no longer walk from the wharf so they stopped charging for the shuttles.

I fairly certain all cruise ships tender at the Bay of Islands, some go to Waitangi with free shuttles to Paihia, but I have heard of tenders going to the main Paihia wharf as well.

The Wellington shuttle was free when we were there last February. You can no longer walk from the wharf so they stopped charging for the shuttles.

I fairly certain all cruise ships tender at the Bay of Islands, some go to Waitangi with free shuttles to Paihia, but I have heard of tenders going to the main Paihia wharf as well.

I’m pretty sure Wellington was $2 when we were there two years ago. But in all honesty $2 v free didn’t really notice.

Royal Carribean were charging $20us per shuttle between Port Chalmers and Dunedin. Or you can walk into town and catch a bus from the main street of Port Chalmers to right in front of the Cadbury factory. $6 adult, $3.60 child in NZ pesos, one way. It is a public bus route so there are a few detours instead of a direct trip but it isn't a big deal.

Royal Carribean were charging $20us per shuttle between Port Chalmers and Dunedin. Or you can walk into town and catch a bus from the main street of Port Chalmers to right in front of the Cadbury factory. $6 adult, $3.60 child in NZ pesos, one way. It is a public bus route so there are a few detours instead of a direct trip but it isn't a big deal.

I actually enjoy the public bus routes, you get see more of the local area, often meet some interesting people too.