Carnival website challenged

Ocean Cat

I'm terrible at online stuff.All I want to do is see the details of my trip, like cabin number, sailing date, dining time etc. I log on and put in my cruise # and click on "details of your cruise" and it kicks me back to log in again. Is it me or the website? Mind you, we don't sail until Nov 12th so I haven't checked in yet. Is that the problem?

Yeah, I agree with the others it could be a browser issue. It would be good if the OP would let us know what browser they are using or try one of the others recommended and see if that makes a difference. FWIW, for a short time earlier today, there were some funky things happening on Carnival's web site but it cleared after less than an hour.

Edit: to answer the OP's question - no you do not have to be checked in to see the details of your cruise, you just need to add the cruise (booking #) to see your details.

If you're already booked, you shouldn't have to enter your booking number or anything manually. Once you log on, it should automatically take you to your "My Cruise Manager" page. At the top, you'll see your name, ship name, sail date, etc. To the right of that, there's a link that says "Cruise Details." If you click that, it'll take you to your payment info., a detailed itinerary, the excursions you purchase, etc. To return back to the My Cruise Manager page, click the My Cruise Manager link at the top or the Return to My Cruise Manager in the top right. Let us know if a different browser works for you.

I couldn't access my currently booked cruises for three consecutive days using Chrome.

Neither could I do mock bookings.

Not tech savvy, just frustrated. Everything works on Firefox, but that's a temporary fix as far as I am concerned, since Chrome contains all of my other bookmarks.

I don't know if it's a browser issue

or a Carnival issue or a hardware issue. Or maybe an IT issue. When I flip the light switch I expect to see lights. When I click on Manage My Cruises I expect to see my booked cruises. Obviously I expect too much.

I couldn't access my currently booked cruises for three consecutive days using Chrome.

Neither could I do mock bookings.

Not tech savvy, just frustrated. Everything works on Firefox, but that's a temporary fix as far as I am concerned, since Chrome contains all of my other bookmarks.

I don't know if it's a browser issue

or a Carnival issue or a hardware issue. Or maybe an IT issue. When I flip the light switch I expect to see lights. When I click on Manage My Cruises I expect to see my booked cruises. Obviously I expect too much.

Have you tried clearing your browsing data in Chrome? Sometimes that helps. Click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the browser. Hover your cursor over "More tools" and click on "Clear browsing data." When the box pops up, click on the Clear Browsing Data button.

Have you tried clearing your browsing data in Chrome? Sometimes that helps. Click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the browser. Hover your cursor over "More tools" and click on "Clear browsing data." When the box pops up, click on the Clear Browsing Data button.

Keeping that as a last resort. I dread the thought of clearing browser history since my bookmarks are extensive and varied.

I appreciate your advice and my grand daughter, who has been helping me, agrees with you.

Keeping that as a last resort. I dread the thought of clearing browser history since my bookmarks are extensive and varied.

I appreciate your advice and my grand daughter, who has been helping me, agrees with you.

I was having the same problem in Chrome. Clearing cookies and cache did fix the problem. When you choose the "Clear Browsing Data" in chrome you can choose what you want to clear. You can leave "Browsing History" unchecked. You can actually choose "Cookies and Other Site Data" only and it will likely fix your problem.

Don't do it unless you can get comfortable with it. but it is what fixed the problem for me.

PS. Even if you cleared browser history it should not impact your bookmarks if they saved on the bookmark bar.

I'm terrible at online stuff.All I want to do is see the details of my trip, like cabin number, sailing date, dining time etc. I log on and put in my cruise # and click on "details of your cruise" and it kicks me back to log in again. Is it me or the website? Mind you, we don't sail until Nov 12th so I haven't checked in yet. Is that the problem?

This has been my experience for months now! GRrr ....

What web browser are you using? I had that issue with Safari, but it worked fine with Google Chrome.

I has the same issue with Safari (bounced me out every time I tried to look at cruise details or manage VIFP offers). I just downloaded Chrome and can access everything.

It will not affect your bookmarks at all. It just clears your history (the websites you've been to in the past) and cleans out your cache (technical stuff you don't need to worry about LOL). All of your bookmarks will be left as is. As Domino D said, you can even uncheck the box that says "Browsing History" if you'd like to leave those in place. But that's only if you use your history to quickly go back to previously visited websites.

It will not affect your bookmarks at all. It just clears your history (the websites you've been to in the past) and cleans out your cache (technical stuff you don't need to worry about LOL). All of your bookmarks will be left as is. As Domino D said, you can even uncheck the box that says "Browsing History" if you'd like to leave those in place. But that's only if you use your history to quickly go back to previously visited websites.

Thanks to both you and Domino. Maybe I will get brave enough to try that after my second cup of coffee,

I must be one of the last holdouts that use MS Internet Explorer. :) Perhaps it's time. I do use Nightly/Firefox but only for Cruise Critic since IE was giving me problems. But.... IE does seem to work with Carnival's website with the occasional hiccup.

Firefox is total garbage when accessing carnival.com. Chrome has performed best.

Not sure what the H they are doing on the site. Chrome has always worked for me. Since last week a complete headache. Cleared, cache, history, all that good BS. Went to far and had to input some passwords, lol.

Works a day and something else on the site breaks. Started out with a font problem and missing graphics, now their menus don't expand. Forget searching, the choices are invisible, but the space is allocated.

But yet it works in my old Internet Explorer. Somebody over there is definitely not coding properly and doublechecking browser compatability. Haven't tried Opera or Edge yet. Don't feel like getting aggravated as long as I can get to my booking.

Carnival's website is awful. As someone who is pretty tech savvy.... It is one of the worst websites of its type.
Except for Holland America's. Oh... and Royal Caribbean's.

Every one of the forums for the mainstream cruise lines has its own share of "Our cruise line's website is the worst!" posts.

I click on cruise details and that page comes up. If I then click on shore excursions or one of the other options, I am flipped back to log in. Several people on a FB page also are having that problem. Several have said there are less problems using a computer than an IPad or phone.