The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

This is a week late, but we just returned from a fun 16-day getaway, including 7 days on the beautiful Oasis of the Seas.

This "review" will not have a whole lot of personal writing - more tips, pictures, and eventually the Compass and Adventure Ocean information. I have found the tips from other reviews very helpful to maximize our short week on Oasis, so I will start with some of my favorite tips.

About The Verdict on Oasis:

During the 61+ weeks of countdown, we were wondering if Oasis would take the lead as our newest favorite ship. Freedom of the Seas had that honor since June 2013... Well, our verdict is that Oasis is now in the lead! This is a good thing, as she will replace Freedom in Port Canaveral (our favorite port) next year.

The hardest thing about starting this thread is updating my signature, as my countdown now says, "Sailed" (Sniff-sniff :rolleyes: ):

FullSizeRender_zpsuerbeihr.jpg

DSCN0776_zpsxb65qxca.jpeg

Well, my goal is to complete this within 7 days. So, without further babbling, I will start uploading pictures for tips...

Edited by APDMOM

Packing Tips:

Before we leave home, we always take a picture of each piece of luggage that will be checked in at the port. This way we have a picture, should one get lost. I also cross pack a few sets of clothes for each family member in our two main suitcases. If one gets lost, we are not stranded without much to wear.

DSCN9517_zpsrmnfnoeb.jpeg

I read a great tip to pack magnetic hooks, which really helped save space on the counters. I hung our hats there, and also the wet swimwear. There is no laundry line in the shower on Oasis (like on other ships) to dry swimwear, so this really helped:

DSCN0284_zpsnpncnbc9.jpeg

Another way to dry clothing is to pack clothing pegs - we only use it during the day. It was never windy on our balcony, so it was safe to hang the swimwear with the clothing pegs:

DSCN0151_zpssn9wo56c.jpeg

This is the first time I packed the "Over the door organizer". I never thought I would need it, but it came in very handy on Oasis. Shelf space in the small bathroom is very limited - much more limited than on Freedom of the Seas. Besides that, I will not travel without one again. It is great for storing sun lotion, hair products, brushes, combs, etc.

DSCN0470_zpskdyowc3a.jpg

If you can, arrive early at the port. We checked out from our nearby hotel (Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port) at 10:30. We were in the platinum waiting area by about 11:10, and boarding officially started at 11:14. We were in Park Café at 11:30. We were the first ones there. By 12:15, it was filled to capacity.

DSCN9586_zpsd9px2pjh.jpeg

On to a few tips about the ship, starting with the TV system:

Check your e-mail. We received personal invitations through the e-mail system to special events, including the "Welcome Back" party and the "Sailaway" from the helipad in Labadee. These are also on a card in your stateroom when you arrive, but the e-mail is a great reminder. It was also the only way we knew the "Welcome Back" party had to be rescheduled.

DSC_0144_zpsukgyif8t.jpeg

E-mail about specials at the Spa:

DSC_0146_zps7o6kkwxy.jpeg

The Welcome Back party had to be re-scheduled due to the weather. More on that later...

P1060008_zpslx0czfkm.jpeg

P1060007_zpsajrkwk6m.jpeg

More about the TV system:

You can check your schedule/Reservations (which you should try to make online before the cruise):

DSC_0150_zpsrlcf6u4o.jpeg

DSC_0152_zpsavwostf6.jpeg

You can even add your own reservations or events (such as a specific trivia you want to attend, or a re-scheduled "Welcome Back" party ;))

DSC_0155_zpstutqjhni.jpeg

You can review your account on the TV. Here you can see if your OBC made it onto the ship :D. We had $475 if OBC for our two cabins - $375 from our TA and $100 from RCI. All of them showed up by the end of the first day:

DSC_0147_zpswerp2wal.jpeg

If you wonder where to eat, just check the TV system to see how busy the different restaurants are. This picture shows that Sorrento's was not busy, while the Windjammer and Park Café were pretty much filled to capacity:

DSC_0156_zpsmvgeaftv.jpeg

This is a week late, but we just returned from a fun 16-day getaway, including 7 days on the beautiful Oasis of the Seas.

This "review" will not have a whole lot of personal writing - more tips, pictures, and eventually the Compass and Adventure Ocean information. I have found the tips from other reviews very helpful to maximize our short week on Oasis, so I will start with some of my favorite tips.

About The Verdict on Oasis:

During the 61+ weeks of countdown, we were wondering if Oasis would take the lead as our newest favorite ship. Freedom of the Seas had that honor since June 2013... Well, our verdict is that Oasis is now in the lead! This is a good thing, as she will replace Freedom in Port Canaveral (our favorite port) next year.

The hardest thing about starting this thread is updating my signature, as my countdown now says, "Sailed" (Sniff-sniff :rolleyes: ):

FullSizeRender_zpsuerbeihr.jpg

DSCN0776_zpsxb65qxca.jpeg

Well, my goal is to complete this within 7 days. So, without further babbling, I will start uploading pictures for tips...

Good choice for first picture.:)

We're sailing on the Oasis first time in August. Looking forward to the rest of your review. Interactive TV looks helpful in planning dining locations. Just wondering if there is an app as well and I'm assuming you still get a daily printed paper with activities?

The RCCL app isn't the best, it will give you deck plans, but won't download your schedule.

Print out your itinerary from the cruise planner before you leave, this way you can confirm all of your reservations when you are onboard.

The only printouts you will have will be tickets to excursions and your daily cruise compass.