Mega Store, Cozumel

bobnfl

Tell me about this store. I read so much about it. Is it worth a trip into town to go there? What all do they have there? Is there a drug store there? We are just going to roam around Cozumel and are trying to find out about it.

Tell me about this store. I read so much about it. Is it worth a trip into town to go there? What all do they have there? Is there a drug store there? We are just going to roam around Cozumel and are trying to find out about it.

It's a fairly large modern store like WalMart which sells a bit if everything. It does have a drug department. Not sure I would make a special effort to go there unless you are in particular need of something. We go when we are staying on the island. It is opposite Cozumel Palace so right at the southern edge of town if you are planning to go to the main square.

Which pier will you be at? Easy enough to walk to it if you really want to from Punta Langosta.

Edited by c-leg5

I think it's fun to go and pick up a few grocery items as souvenirs. They have little aseptic boxes of salsa and mole sauce, and my coworkers think the different cookies and candies are fun. I work for a grocery chain so I like to see how their stores are different from ours. But as a "must-see" I'd put it rather low on the list.

Edited by erinmarie424

I walked to it last year as I had forgotten to pack an essential item (my potty training daughters underthings...yeah. I was THAT mom) It was literally like wal-mart with escalators (the main sales floor was upstairs). 10 minute walk, lots of vendors and pharmacies along the way. Luckily I speak Spanish so I managed to get across that no, I didn't need a taxi ride or a hat or hydrocodone and didn't get the solicitation on the way back.

Took about 10 minutes each way in flip-flops from punta langosta

Personally, I don't take time on normal vacations to tour the local wal-mart unless I need something. I'm sure some do. But it honestly isn't that interesting. They do take USD, which was nice.

Edited by Starflyr3

Agree with everyone else. it's a little more interesting than Wal-mart but not enough to make a special trip. but if you're walking by anyway, might as well stop in.

Items that amused me when i was there for 10 days in August:

large fish market

IMG_0749.JPG

winter coats (I feel like they probably don't sell many of these)

IMG_0746.JPG

Way cooler small displacement motorcycles than we'll ever see in the U.S.

IMG_0751.JPG

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...