post cruise Barcelona visit

touringideas

Am interested in 1) easily getting transportation from the ship to city 2) getting an easy first look at Barcelona to decide what/where, etc.

Found a company Barcelona Day Tours which meets us at the ship, picks us up, secures our luggage, takes us on a 4 hour tour and lastly drops us at our hotel. Seems like a good solution.

They were pretty responsive on a web inquiry

Depending on yours mobility and willingness to explore on your own, Barcelona is easily doable in your own. Your ship will dock very near the end of Las Ramblis street which is the most famous street in the city, if not Europe. It’s easy to get a taxi to your hotel from the port and won’t cost more than $15-20.

We stayed at the Hotel Lleo which is near the other end of Las Ramblas the last time there last summer and was very happy with it. The subway is quite easy to use to get around the rest of the city.

I would agree with doing Barcelona on your own. the Hop on hop off buses are also very easy to use. I think there are only 2 loops and you will likely see as much or more in a 4 hour span. If you have a private driver that would be idea but if not tour on your own. There are places in Barcelona that seem better to walk , stand and admire than drive by and be told what you are looking at.

I would take a taxi from the port to your hotel, set off on your own. I've been in Barcelona several times (last Fall, too) and very easy to walk places. I took a taxi to a starting point for a walking tour, then when Gothic area tour was over, I thought why did I take a taxi? I always do the the HOHO bus, there are 3 routes, red, blue and green. Viator has several good walking tours, you book online, pay, print the voucher, and get to the departure point.

Found a company Barcelona Day Tours which meets us at the ship, picks us up, secures our luggage, takes us on a 4 hour tour and lastly drops us at our hotel. Seems like a good solution.

That's what we're doing this April. It seems like a good way to pass the time between disembarkation and checking in at the hotel. In the meantime, you're getting an intro to the city where you're going to spend a few days.

Jim

We were just there this past April. We walked the old Gothic area ourselves the day we docked (use free app MAPS.ME to get around-offline app-no internet needed). The day of disembarkation, we used Barcelona Day tours for tour of city and then drop off at hotel. We stayed at H10 Catalunya Plaza which was a great location. Got our tickets for Monserrat at the underground tourist info center in the plaza. It was easy to take train on our own from there. We took the airport bus which leaves quite often directly across plaza from hotel. No reservations needed. Kiosks are there for tickets. Board bus with luggage and you are off to the airport.

Hotel had bottle of wine waiting for us in our room. Coffee and pastries in a lovely lounge area. 2 free drinks from the bar as well.

Almost forgot.....take the FREE shuttle that Barcelona provides to Columbus statue at foot of Las Ramblas.

There is a small sign outside the terminal by the parking lot so you may have to ask someone where it is. As I recall the Princess shuttle was $8 per person.

Am interested in 1) easily getting transportation from the ship to city 2) getting an easy first look at Barcelona to decide what/where, etc.

Nothing at all wrong with this option but personally I would just take a taxi to your hotel which will not cost much at all then do the HOHO bus to get your overall look at the city. AS others have said Barcelona is very walkable and the only transport we used was a taxi to get to Park Guell which is up a hill and then we walked back to the main city areas.

Barcelona Day Tours are excellent though and we have used them a few times. If you have time book their half day Montserrat tour which is great.

Another vote for the HOHO bus. There are 3 interconnecting loops which will take you to most of the major sites in the city. We did the 2 day pass, which enabled us to hop off and spend time wherever we wanted to. A very easy and cheap way to get around the city. It gives you a good overview, but also allows you a more in depth visit where desired. You will need advance, timed tickets for the cathedral if you want to go in.

We used Barcelonadaytours and they picked us up at the port, kept our luggage, took us all around the city and Montserrat and at the end of the day dropped us off at our hotel. They were wonderful. The next day we toured the city on our own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just there this past April. We walked the old Gothic area ourselves the day we docked (use free app MAPS.ME to get around-offline app-no internet needed). The day of disembarkation, we used Barcelona Day tours for tour of city and then drop off at hotel. We stayed at H10 Catalunya Plaza which was a great location. Got our tickets for Monserrat at the underground tourist info center in the plaza. It was easy to take train on our own from there. We took the airport bus which leaves quite often directly across plaza from hotel. No reservations needed. Kiosks are there for tickets. Board bus with luggage and you are off to the airport.

Hotel had bottle of wine waiting for us in our room. Coffee and pastries in a lovely lounge area. 2 free drinks from the bar as well.

I agree about H10 hotel, we've stayed there a couple of times. Great location for the airport bus, and almost right at the top of the Rambles. (plus a giant Starbucks next door :cool:)

Barcelona on your own is definitely Easy-Peasy

Srpilo

Nothing at all wrong with this option but personally I would just take a taxi to your hotel which will not cost much at all then do the HOHO bus to get your overall look at the city. AS others have said Barcelona is very walkable and the only transport we used was a taxi to get to Park Guell which is up a hill and then we walked back to the main city areas.

Barcelona Day Tours are excellent though and we have used them a few times. If you have time book their half day Montserrat tour which is great.

We did the Montserrat tour on disembarking with Barcelona Day Tour and it was great. Montserrat was on our to do list anyway, and that way we got it out of the way, easy transportation, and help with our luggage prior to them dropping us at our hotel. The next 5 days we did everything on our own. Just research travel sites and read ideas on here.

We used Welcomepickups.com, port to hotel and then 4 days later they picked us back up at hotel to airport, taxi line at port is a mess-1 to 1 1/2 hour wait. HOHO bus is the best way to see Barcelona. We stayed at Hotel Espana just off Las Rambles great boutique hotel, we booked several Viator tours, Montserrat, 3 countries in one day (Spain, France and Andorra), and back to HOHO. Welcome pickups uses local drivers/taxis and they are very friendly and the two we had spoke real good English.

We used Welcomepickups.com, port to hotel and then 4 days later they picked us back up at hotel to airport, taxi line at port is a mess-1 to 1 1/2 hour wait. HOHO bus is the best way to see Barcelona. We stayed at Hotel Espana just off Las Rambles great boutique hotel, we booked several Viator tours, Montserrat, 3 countries in one day (Spain, France and Andorra), and back to HOHO. Welcome pickups uses local drivers/taxis and they are very friendly and the two we had spoke real good English.

Exactly what I'd do, I've never been disappointed booking tours on Viator.....:):):)

Bob

Don't worry. The port has a shuttle bus, run by the city, that will leave you at the Christopher Columbus statue. You can get the HOHO bus nearby. The hoho is your best option for seeing a wide core of Barcelona. It's a very easy city to navigate one you have your bearings. Enjoy your visit!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Monserrat is very easy to do on your own. https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-montserrat.html

We are glad we did as some of the lines were very long. With a tour you may not have enough time to see everything. If you want to touch Black Madonna, you can wait an hour or more in line. If not, then be sure to

enter church by middle entrance... no lines.

We did two tours with BDT. A Barcelona tour just off the plane and a Montserrat tour the next day. Picked us up at the hotel and dropped us off at the ship. They are wonderful!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Forums mobile app

There are two HoHo bus companies in Barcelona. One has two routes, the other has three routes. We tried the one with two routes. Each was about 2 hours and was a great way to get overviews of the city.

As others have said, Barcelona is easy to walk around, especially the Gothic precinct. Taxis are very cheap too, so when your feet get too tired just get a taxi back to your hotel.

That 4 hour tour sounds like a great idea too. A nice way to fill in the time between leaving the ship and checking into your hotel.

I would take a taxi from the port to your hotel, set off on your own. I've been in Barcelona several times (last Fall, too) and very easy to walk places. I took a taxi to a starting point for a walking tour, then when Gothic area tour was over, I thought why did I take a taxi? I always do the the HOHO bus, there are 3 routes, red, blue and green. Viator has several good walking tours, you book online, pay, print the voucher, and get to the departure point.

I second those who do Barcelona on their own. Very easy city to do this way. We have visited about 6 times... have stayed at the Hiltons, The Arts Hotel (very expensive but we got a good rate at the time). Taxis are plentiful and inexpensive. Very walkable city... our favorite way to enjoy a city. We were just in Barcelona last October, took the Royal Princess back to Ft Lauderdale, stayed in Barcelona for 3 nights before we left.

Only tip, I would give is have the name and address of the hotel written out for the taxi driver when you pick up a taxi at the port . Sometimes the name of hotels as booked are different in the city.

Depending on yours mobility and willingness to explore on your own, Barcelona is easily doable in your own. Your ship will dock very near the end of Las Ramblis street which is the most famous street in the city, if not Europe. It’s easy to get a taxi to your hotel from the port and won’t cost more than $15-20.

We stayed at the Hotel Lleo which is near the other end of Las Ramblas the last time there last summer and was very happy with it. The subway is quite easy to use to get around the rest of the city.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We enjoyed the Barcelona Day Tours, the guides were informative and you get a good look at the city, both by bus and on foot. When the tour was over, we dropped our luggage off at the hotel and then grabbed some lunch, it worked out real well for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk