Buffet trays??

I have heard or read on one of the threads hear that the Sensation no longer has trays in the buffet area. Could someone who might have recently been on her be able to tell me do they have trays in the buffet. Haven't been on Carnival in 13 years and I walk with a can. Any help would be appreciated.

If you really want a tray, you can order room service the first night, and then take that tray with you. On the other hand, the plates are so large, and the crew so willing to help, that it probably isn't necessary.

Long gone. it is a pain to bring tray to table and than go off to get drinks.

Wish the crew would serve drinks like they do on Princess.

On our last several cruises there were crew walking around with a cart offering drinks, at least during breakfast and lunch, can't say for sure about dinner.

On our last several cruises there were crew walking around with a cart offering drinks, at least during breakfast and lunch, can't say for sure about dinner.

Yes, I've seen this as well. It is becoming much more frequent.

I also leave a space on my plate where I can put my cup and then just carry the plate of food (with the cup on it) to the table. Either that, or one person in our group gets drinks for everyone (using one of the plates as a tray).

they do that but come around rather infrequently. Very often they engage in conversations amongst themselves more than serving drinks.

Yes, I've seen this as well. It is becoming much more frequent.

When I've seen this done they are offering refills only and did not have ice or cups on the cart to offer first beverage service. Do you know if this has changed? That would be an improvement.

once on the Miracle a group of young blind cruisers met each night in the MDR for dinner. A few of them were in line behind me and I offered to describe each item in the buffet. Those kids were so excited to hear the description of all the food. They sure did load up their plates.

People on here have been speculating that due to the decline of food quality in the MDR the table service would be replaced with a buffet. I'm sorry to read this is what it has come to.

Long gone. it is a pain to bring tray to table and than go off to get drinks.

Wish the crew would serve drinks like they do on Princess.

It's done in the mornings

The platter is huge. I'll get my drink first, then get in line, putting the cup on the platter. Utensil roll goes in pocket or under my arm.

It's done in the mornings

The platter is huge. I'll get my drink first, then get in line, putting the cup on the platter. Utensil roll goes in pocket or under my arm.

Utensils for both of us go in my pocket. Like very hot coffee so prefer getting coffee last.

Princess has utensils already out on tables, always wonder why Carnival didnt go this route.

Just order room service and then keep the tray to use daily if you want...a small order of food like an order of cookies will bring a smaller tray and a bigger order of food bring a bigger tray...if you order the carafe of coffee you can use the carafe to refill at the coffee station later for refills as well.

We use the trays and the carafe to mainly bring food back to our cabin but you could probably use it at the buffet for your table I guess.

People on here have been speculating that due to the decline of food quality in the MDR the table service would be replaced with a buffet. I'm sorry to read this is what it has come to.

I am not reading the same thread as you. Who said anything about a decline in food quality. 14 cruises, we never once ate dinner in the buffet.

I am not reading the same thread as you. Who said anything about a decline in food quality. 14 cruises, we never once ate dinner in the buffet.

Did you read what I quoted? and when I say "on here" I am referring to Cruise Critic in general and not to this particular thread.

We take a tray to use for breakfast. My husband eats at the buffet while I am still sleeping. Then he brings my breakfast which includes hot chocolate and OJ back on it. He also brings coffee for himself. He could not do this without a tray.