LAFFNVEGAS Live from The Diamond Princess 8 Night Circle island Japan

LAFFNVEGAS

Going to post while the internet on the plane is working, let’s just say the ship is lightning fast compared to the plane [emoji6] I paid then it went down for the 2+ hours. I do enjoy Business Class [emoji1303]

77f09a01d67fbbe3663037c779783cd2.jpg796b46668e248604fdbd74c7b96635a5.jpga6a48c7b5715ffcb0f98e7314437dea1.jpg0d1659bd83ef4a3833667030f4fc7aa7.jpg5b764e29b837e7c85e56998c79ac6fdc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lisa,

Can you post dining room menus (and food pics - i never tire of food pics). I seem to not be able to find recent menu pics anywhere.

I will definitely try to, I am a big fan of food pics as well and that is usually about half my Facebook posts [emoji6]

I really should be sleeping but I guess like last night I am just too excited.

We are slightly better than half way there. Estimated arrival is 2:07 pm Friday so just over 5 hours till we are there.

Thanks for doing the live thread. Definitely following as I'm on the cruise following yours. I fly out next Thursday LAX to Haneda arriving about the same time of day and interested in how long it takes you to get through immigration. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Excitedly following along too! I'm on the Diamond from Tokyo to Sydney in November, and if I enjoy Japan I'm planning on going back and doing a 8-day "Circle Hokkaido" when time (and money) permits!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!! It looks like a great start so far! Yay for splurging on the comfort of Business class :)

Hope you got some rest and enjoy Japan and your cruise. I too have Japan on a bucket list. I hope you have an amazing time! I'll be following with lots of excitement for you. :)

Enjoy the wonderful fresh made noodle bar in the Lido.

They had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We seldom, went

back to the dinning room as the noodles were so good along with

the other Japanese choices for breakfast. Enjoy your time in

Tokyo and on your cruise.

After all these years, I'm embarrassed to ask, but , how do you subscribe to a thread?

When you are on a page of the thread, look over to the right hand side near top of the page and you will see a box that says "Thread Tools" click on that and one of the tools is "subscribe to this thread."

When you are on a page of the thread, look over to the right hand side near top of the page and you will see a box that says "Thread Tools" click on that and one of the tools is "subscribe to this thread."

Thank you so much. I really couldn't remember.

Also, when you reply/post on a thread, you are automatically subscribed. ;)

I think you have to have chosen that option.

Or maybe I unchose that option since, thankfully, I am not subscribed to every thread I reply in, just the ones I manually subscribe to, like this one.

Sorry for the delay In Writing up our travels we have been so very busy.

I have so much to write about but it will be tomorrow when I can fill you in with everything. We have been going non stop.i cannot keep my eyes open.

Ohayou Gozaimasu , it’s almost 7 am oddly by body wakes up the same time it does at home. Let me see if I can you you caught up on what we have been doing.

We have been extremely busy and when we have come in for the day was just too tired.

The best thing for this trip and one of the reasons for coming here was to see our good friend James Deering and his wife Aileen, many of you may remember James while he is now retired from working in the cruise industry he has been a Passenger Services Director for Princess as well as a Hotel Director for Holland America. We met James about 13 years ago on Hal.

He had his wife have been the most gracious hosts for taking us all around Tokyo. We have had so much fun.

Ok back to when we came into Haneda, everything went very smooth, we first went through Immigration showing our passports, then on to getting our luggage. I had gotten an email from American Airlines that one of our pieces missed the flight and would arrive on the next flight

, oddly all three were right there together. Next we went through Customs where they did select to go through one suit case. Then out the door where we quickly found the young Princess Rep who took us to the bus that goes to Shinjuku. It was Friday rush hour for a three day Holiday weekend so traffic was bad but we were still at the hotel just before 5. James and Aileen came to the hotel to get us and we headed off to their place via the subway/train with a quick stop at the Shinjuku Station to get Tom and I Pasmo Cards.

We got to see their very nice home and meet their cote cat[emoji2]

The next to a local restaurant grill called Mockingbird which was very close to where they live.

a06bdf7b6b381a92e92d2e8dc1232412.jpgdc1a3a14cf6712fe2aef9d67ddf7a18e.jpg

ea28cb28d5934768764eb9fbb77d706e.jpg

Then back to their place for after dinner drinks. We did not get back to the hotel till 1 in the morning, yes that made for a very long day that started at 3:30 am pacific time Thursday.

Saturday morning I woke up at about 5:30 and was going to write here but I had left my phone at James place.

Anyway we went down to the Coffee shop and had breakfast which was a nice small mini buffet and themJames and Aileen came and got us for Day 2 first stop Ginza.

Very crowded due to the Holiday c048e3529e3685a7de9145461cb1ea61.jpg

f04348a0a38fbc5bb789985c9e9929e4.jpg

e1cb2d357c67a21565d2b016c9ee65df.jpg

937c792b420de28519e0b6c3285b84cb.jpg

Next was lunch Shabu Shabu which was lots of fun

176c1d198b42dbb798ff7205f1b2e650.jpg