Dress code

Pinktrixie

I completely fail to see what the problem is. So long as you comply with the dress code at any given point in time and location does it matter? Live and let live, there are a variety of options to choose from because we are all different and the ships cater for all scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will repeat, all cruise lines have rules and regulations, dress codes are one of them.

Rules are, generally, there to be adhered to in life.

I have never seen any of these 'fashion police' some people are talking about. Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to what uniform they wear and I shall be able to look out for them.

Sounds like QM2 in March, some slackos on there, can you believe I spotted the odd sauce stained windcheater or Adidas tracksuit top in the Britannia Restaurant? One would think one would send their attire to the dry cleaners, precruise, as I do at a cost of AU$35, nearly cheaper to buy another bag of fruit. :rolleyes:

Thanks Dave.:D

I can never understand why people spend a lot of money on a cruise then don't want to look their best when it comes to dining time.

I completely fail to see what the problem is. So long as you comply with the dress code at any given point in time and location does it matter? Live and let live, there are a variety of options to choose from because we are all different and the ships cater for all scenarios.

I don't think anybody HAS said there's a problem - IF people comply with the code. The problem comes when people can't be bothered to comply with the code or wish to stretch it to breakingpoint.

I don't think anybody HAS said there's a problem - IF people comply with the code. The problem comes when people can't be bothered to comply with the code or wish to stretch it to breakingpoint.

Of course there are people who use this topic to just stir the pot. When on board they just comply like everyone else. The clue is when they post once and then stand back to observe the resultant battle. This happens on all forums.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course there are people who use this topic to just stir the pot. When on board they just comply like everyone else. The clue is when they post once and then stand back to observe the resultant battle. This happens on all forums.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have noticed that on other threads too.

I will repeat, all cruise lines have rules and regulations, dress codes are one of them.

Rules are, generally, there to be adhered to in life.

I have never seen any of these 'fashion police' some people are talking about. Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to what uniform they wear and I shall be able to look out for them.

The fashion police don't exist on the ship but do exist on cruise forums including this one. The most notable recent example was on the Cunard forum where the 'fashion police' deemed that Chinos were not suitable attire for evening casual dress. They made no suggestions as to what was acceptable so I presume they wanted beige slacks ;p

A personal example was when a lady objected to me saying I use a pre tied bow tie. I pointed out I have medical issues with my fingers and have difficulty and pain so use a pre tied. :rolleyes:

The fashion police don't exist on the ship but do exist on cruise forums including this one. The most notable recent example was on the Cunard forum where the 'fashion police' deemed that Chinos were not suitable attire for evening casual dress. They made no suggestions as to what was acceptable so I presume they wanted beige slacks ;p

A personal example was when a lady objected to me saying I use a pre tied bow tie. I pointed out I have medical issues with my fingers and have difficulty and pain so use a pre tied. :rolleyes:

Wow amazing how can someone complain about that.