Moveover Offer!

Belfast Belle

Hello. My first post but have been lurking around reading all of the excellent tips everyone comes up with.

Well our first Princess cruise 14 days from Southampton 29/07/17 and I had an e-mail this morning offering a move over. I would love to take it up but this is our last "family holiday". We've booked premium balcony on caribe deck so there must be a demand. Shame though just the wrong time for us.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Hello. My first post but have been lurking around reading all of the excellent tips everyone comes up with.

Well our first Princess cruise 14 days from Southampton 29/07/17 and I had an e-mail this morning offering a move over. I would love to take it up but this is our last "family holiday". We've booked premium balcony on caribe deck so there must be a demand. Shame though just the wrong time for us.

Hi we have had this offer to this morning, we are a party of 6 and both cabins had this, Ive been at work all day, but my wife talked to princess earlier, we are seriously considering the offer.

Did you book through a TA or direct with Princess. Who sent you the offer? Princess or the TA?

Hi we have had this offer to this morning, we are a party of 6 and both cabins had this, Ive been at work all day, but my wife talked to princess earlier, we are seriously considering the offer.

Hi

Thanks for the welcome Colo cruiser. I booked direct with Princess. Travelling with teenage boys and one is due to go to university. I also work in a school so no real wriggle room other than the six week break.

Britcruzer if it fits for you it looks well worth doing let us know what happens.

Hi

Thanks for the welcome Colo cruiser. I booked direct with Princess. Travelling with teenage boys and one is due to go to university. I also work in a school so no real wriggle room other than the six week break.

Britcruzer if it fits for you it looks well worth doing let us know what happens.

does not work for us as christmas hols are really short this year, then next easter DS is away on a school trip, we already have plans for next summer.

It was a nice email to recieve though :) and we still have a really nice cruise to look forward to in a months time :-)

My husband an I were on the 29/7 sailing from Southampton, in a BE category cabin, We accepted the move over earlier today, and are now booked on an Alaskan cruise in a mini suite. We are over the moon!

Been a few years since we sailed with Princess so maybe a bit out of touch but, am amazed that a cruise line will over book a cruise and then need to encourage passengers to move cruise to solve the problem. Why do they over book in the first place? What happens if they don't get people to accept a move over, although at these types of offer I guess that would be unlikely.

I know airlines do that but a cruise line..............??

Been a few years since we sailed with Princess so maybe a bit out of touch but, am amazed that a cruise line will over book a cruise and then need to encourage passengers to move cruise to solve the problem. Why do they over book in the first place? What happens if they don't get people to accept a move over, although at these types of offer I guess that would be unlikely.

I know airlines do that but a cruise line..............??

Cruise lines do it for the same reasons airlines do, to have the best chance of a full ship even if there are last minute cancellations.

And like airlines, sometimes the sophisticated equations that calculate how many people will cancel is off.

If no one accepts a move-over offer, then they raise the bribe. Sooner of later someone will take the offer. One of the best was not only a full refund of the cruise fare as refundable OBC, but also two cruises at no charge (one of which could be anywhere Princess sails) in full suites.

Sometimes they will offer the person waiting for the GTY to be filled a "move-down" offer. In other words, take the same cruise, but in a lower category cabin than was booked. When this happens there is usually a refund of at least 50% of the fare paid.

• 2 weeks later...

We have also received this offer. What have you done about the flights? Have princess paid the difference of ha d you?

Enjoy your trip to Alaska!

My husband an I were on the 29/7 sailing from Southampton, in a BE category cabin, We accepted the move over earlier today, and are now booked on an Alaskan cruise in a mini suite. We are over the moon!

29 July as well? Feel I am missing out.

[quo

=Apple37;53506062]We have also received this offer. What have you done about the flights? Have princess paid the difference of ha d you?

Enjoy your trip to Alaska!

We've had an offer too on the 5th Aug Med sailing.

Two weeks ago - 100% refund (as onboard credit) and 50% off a 7 day future cruise

One week ago - 100% refund (as onboard credit) and a free 7 day future cruise

Yesterday - 100% refund (as onboard credit) and 2 x 7 day future cruises or 1 x 14 day future cruise

Wonder what they'll offer next week! :D

How about this offer!

AND I TURNED IT DOWN

**ROYAL PRINCESS SPECIAL FREE CRUISE OFFER**

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the 15 July 2017 Royal Princess sailing. Move off this voyage for three free cruises up to 14 nights anywhere in the world!

Offer:

* 100% Cruise Fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)! * Three Free Cruises up to 14 total Nights! * Air/Hotel change fees up to 800 GBP!

This offer is only available by calling 0843 374 0014 Please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. *Travel agencies will receive a 700 GBP bonus commission per cabin if offer is accepted with the original commission protected.

How about this offer!

AND I TURNED IT DOWN

**ROYAL PRINCESS SPECIAL FREE CRUISE OFFER**

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the 15 July 2017 Royal Princess sailing. Move off this voyage for three free cruises up to 14 nights anywhere in the world!

Offer:

* 100% Cruise Fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)! * Three Free Cruises up to 14 total Nights! * Air/Hotel change fees up to 800 GBP!

This offer is only available by calling 0843 374 0014 Please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. *Travel agencies will receive a 700 GBP bonus commission per cabin if offer is accepted with the original commission protected.

Whoa!! [emoji33] That's a dream offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums