Iguazu Falls

MM1522

We are heading to Iguazu Falls as soon as we arrive in Argentina. We are thinking of storing our luggage at the airport. Has anyone ever had any problems doing this? Will the luggage be safe? I don't know if I have time to drop off at our hotel before we go to domestic airport.

We are heading to Iguazu Falls as soon as we arrive in Argentina. We are thinking of storing our luggage at the airport. Has anyone ever had any problems doing this? Will the luggage be safe? I don't know if I have time to drop off at our hotel before we go to domestic airport.

SO you're asking about storing your luggage at the international airport in Buenos Aires when you arrive?

And this question really has nothing to do with the waterfalls, IGU, the town, or the park? Or are you considering taking it all along if all else fails and soliciting a response on this option?

We are arriving on Feb. 1 in Buenos Aires and we are getting off the ship and going straight to the airport and taking our luggage with us. We won't have

much time to try to drop it off somewhere. Hopefully it will work out fine.

We are arriving on Feb. 1 in Buenos Aires and we are getting off the ship and going straight to the airport and taking our luggage with us. We won't have

much time to try to drop it off somewhere. Hopefully it will work out fine.

How much are oyu traveling with?

In Brazil these days, domestic baggage allowance is much less than international. Used to be, the airlines would allow international passengers to continue onto domestic flights (directly, within a few hours) with their international allowance, but no more.

What happens in Argentina?

Found this info from a 2011 thread:

Jorge Newbery International Airport has a luggage storage area in Terminal A next to the information desk, and lockers in the arrivals area. These are available for a small charge.

Also this:

There is a fine 'left luggage' storage facility at AEP - the most likely airport for flying to Iguazu; it was accessed from the INFORMATION BOOTH. I have heard that there is one in Terminal A at EZE as well.

We left our luggage at AEP and it was handled safely and easily - and not expensive. But, this was a few years ago, so I expect someone else can comment on the current prices, etc.''

And finally this:

When you get in AEP, you have to reach the information desk and ask about the luggage storage service.

They will ask you to complete a form and a security guard will go with you and your luggage to an X Ray machine. Once they passed your luggage through that machine, they will take it directly to the storage, where it will be until you return from Iguazu.

It's forbidden the leave money, electronics and jewelry in the luggage storage.

The costs are these....

- Small purses, document cases or shoulder bags: $9 every 12 hours.

- Medium bags (those that the airlines allow you to take with you inside the airplane): $12 every 12 hours.

- Big baggage: $18 every 12 hours.

You can pay in cash or using a credit card, both in argentinian pesos or US dollars.

Wow! Those are some steep charges. Assuming you leave only one large bag for two days, it would cost you $76! These prices are from 2011 with a horrible official exchange rate of 4.20 AP , so it should be much cheaper today with rates north of 14 AP.

Hope this helps.

Edited by FredZiffle

I should have used a different subject title. Sorry. I was inquiring about storing luggage at AEP on way to falls. I guess I might have to take the luggage with me. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Edited by MM1522

In Brazil these days, domestic baggage allowance is much less than international. Used to be, the airlines would allow international passengers to continue onto domestic flights (directly, within a few hours) with their international allowance, but no more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My luggage question is a little different. We will have 3 nights in BA, then we fly to Iguazu Falls for two days with our package, and store our big suitcases at the hotel. Can we carry on a 22" suitcase on Aerolinas airlines to the falls. I assume this is a more local flight ( 2 hrs), and the overhead storage is usually very small on theses types of

Airplanes I don't want to have to check this suitcase with my pills etc

Or will I need a smaller bag to keep with me on the plane. Thanks

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...