WOWOWOW ROZ! You are so informative and helpful! I do not have a service dog but I have friends who do...maybe I can convince them to come on a cruise!

I am just curious, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I think people with visible disabilities are more "allowed" to have service dogs by the general public, if you know what I mean. For example, if someone has a helper dog, people usually know what the dog is for. Same for someone who is obviously blind - people know what the dog does. But what about someone who is visually impaired, or hearing impaired? I have a friend who is visually impaired and she can often "see" a bit, so sometimes she has gotten confronted over bringing her guide dog places - people assume that if she can read a restaurant menu by herself, she can see just fine! I have another friend who is deaf but speaks well, so some people don't think she is deaf and they confront her about her hearing ear dog. So how do you deal with it when other pax decide "oh she can walk, she doesn't need a dog!" and complain about it? I assume most people are okay, but I bet crew does hear complaints from people who think a dog shouldn't be on board. Has anybody ever confronted you directly about bringing her on a ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature