Ship time versus local time

Its been a few years since I've done a carnival. How does this work when it comes to scheduled arrival into port. Looking at doing Sanchos in cozumel but we aren't scheduled to arrive until noon. Will that actually be noon Miami time or noon cozumel time?

Cruise leaves from miami on eastern time.

Cozumel is on Eastern Time but doesn't observe DST. Last week we cruised from New Orleans (CDT) and ship time was exactly the same as local time in Cozumel. If you cruise from Miami, (EDT) your ship time will be one hour ahead of Cozumel, as long as you are cruising when the US in on DST. Confusing? Just keep your watch set on cruise ship time and go with that.

If you want to do Mr Sanchos, be sure to book in advance. It isn't always necessary to have a reservation but if there are a lot of ships in port they do fill up and will stop letting people without reservations in. With your ship arriving that late they very possibly will be full by noon. I have been there twice in the last couple of years and both times they were full. We had booked in advance though. They only require a $5.00 per person deposit and then you pay the rest when you arrive so it's no big deal if you end up changing your mind and don't go there.

Just curios, I would guess I need to make sure to always bring a wrist watch because wouldn't a cell phone switch to local time and that could be different from the ship? True?

You can easily change your phone in it’s settings to not switch to local time so that it stays on the ships time. But bringing a watch along is a good idea.