Another Dang Drink Package discussion? Signing for drinks no more???

I was on the Navigator of the Seas for the Christmas cruise with the drink package and I was not asked to sign for a drink the entire cruise.... It was a huge pleasant surprise that I wasn't being asked to tip on top of my tip for each and every drink.

After making friends with my bartender for the trip I finally asked him about the change. He was disappointed and said it absolutely hurt his income but that a friend of the CEO's had taken a cruise and was angry about the receipts for every drink and that caused RCI to make the change.

I have no idea if this is really what happened but I can say that at least on the Navigator they no longer present you with a slip for every drink if you have the package. I felt no pressure to tip extra but I did tip the Schooner Bar team on the last night of the cruise.

Can anyone confirm if this was a fleet wide change and had it been discussed here already? I did a quick search but didn't see anything.

I will say it did not vary on the Navigator. I received drinks at the Schooner Bar, Pool Bars, Cosmopolitan, R-Bar, Two Poets Pub, Windjammer Bar, and Solarium Bar... and never, not once was asked to sign a receipt. And I loved it!!

I was on the Navigator of the Seas for the Christmas cruise with the drink package and I was not asked to sign for a drink the entire cruise.... It was a huge pleasant surprise that I wasn't being asked to tip on top of my tip for each and every drink.

After making friends with my bartender for the trip I finally asked him about the change. He was disappointed and said it absolutely hurt his income but that a friend of the CEO's had taken a cruise and was angry about the receipts for every drink and that caused RCI to make the change.

I have no idea if this is really what happened but I can say that at least on the Navigator they no longer present you with a slip for every drink if you have the package. I felt no pressure to tip extra but I did tip the Schooner Bar team on the last night of the cruise.

Can anyone confirm if this was a fleet wide change and had it been discussed here already? I did a quick search but didn't see anything.

The only time we were given receipts on Freedom in June was when the wine cost more than the drinks package price per drink allowance.

I always handed $2 with my card when i ordered drinks.

Just off Explorer -- no signing. Personally, I love it. First and most importantly, it saves time, especially at bars that are often crowded. Second, it saves paper. And third, given that your package already includes a tip, you don't feel "pressured" to tip extra every single time. Obviously, those who want to tip extra each time or for particular bartenders can do so with cash.

On Adventure of the Seas over Christmas and had the deluxe package. We were never asked to sign. They took sea pass. card and checked it and that was it. This was case in dining room, schooner, lounge, theater, pool bars and all venues we ordered drinks at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed Enchantment Nov 2017 with the deluxe package and had a slip to sign no matter where I ordered

Did you tip on the slip? Or use cash? I've found once they know getting a tip via cash often figure don't need to give the pax a write in tip opportunity.