Cruisepark Southampton thoughts please......

minikiss

I’m wondering is anyone on here has used cruisepark Southampton before?

Looking for a few thoughts and experiences of them.

Before i get loads of replies saying we use " X " car parking, I best say my husband is very fussy when it comes to where and who he leaves hiscar with. So meet and greet types are not an option as he will not let anyoneelse drive his pride and joy. He likes to park and where possible take the keyswith us so he will not consider

The last time we sailed from Southampton we used Alternativecruise parking ACP and to be honest the prices are roughly the same but one isout doors the other claim to be inside.

Hubby has used Google maps to see where Cruise park arebased and didn’t think much to where you go to.

So has anyone used them and can give their thoughts on their service. Many thanks

I'm going to say why don't you try X car parking.

The one I'm going to suggest is abparking.co.uk which is the onsite parking provided by the port.

It is within walking distance of the ship, you take your keys and when I was looking at the options it was comparably priced. Not having to mess around with shuttles on disembarkation day is worth a few quid to me.

I couldn't see any particular reason to go elsewhere.

They don't service P&O, otherwise i'd be looking at them as we stopped there when we sailed on the Indy some years ago.

It was so handy to park have them take the cases and off we went on board.

Hence i'm looking at what other options there are Hubby would be happy with.

They don't service P&O, otherwise i'd be looking at them as we stopped there when we sailed on the Indy some years ago.

It was so handy to park have them take the cases and off we went on board.

Hence i'm looking at what other options there are Hubby would be happy with.

If it's official port parking at the terminal that you want, for P&O (and Princess, Cunard, etc) it's operated by CPS, the equivalent to ABP who you used for Indy.

https://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/Order/Create

Secure open parking at the terminal, they are ParkMark accredited, & I've never heard of any problems.

Like ABP it's quite expensive, but it's certainly the best.

Does P&O not offer you free parking with CPS for your cruise?

Yes,, Cruisepark's premises are a pretty scruffy old unit in the Millbrook industrial area.

I don't know much about them, but they changed their name from Stress-free Parking or somesuch and I'm very wary of operators which do that.

Not necessarily a reflection on them, but Southampton - like Heathrow, Gatwick, etc - has had its share of fly-by-night parking operators.

JB :)

Before i get loads of replies saying we use " X " car parking, I best say my husband is very fussy when it comes to where and who he leaves hiscar with. So meet and greet types are not an option as he will not let anyoneelse drive his pride and joy. He likes to park and where possible take the keyswith us so he will not consider

As John Bull says, it's CPS parking for P&O. It is valet parking so they will keep your keys and drive your car a few yards to the car park. If you embark and disembark from different terminals, they will move the car from one terminal to the other for you. We always use them. Very reliable although quite expensive.

If it's official port parking at the terminal that you want, for P&O (and Princess, Cunard, etc) it's operated by CPS, the equivalent to ABP who you used for Indy.

https://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/Order/Create

Secure open parking at the terminal, they are ParkMark accredited, & I've never heard of any problems.

Like ABP it's quite expensive, but it's certainly the best.

Does P&O not offer you free parking with CPS for your cruise?

Yes,, Cruisepark's premises are a pretty scruffy old unit in the Millbrook industrial area.

I don't know much about them, but they changed their name from Stress-free Parking or somesuch and I'm very wary of operators which do that.

Not necessarily a reflection on them, but Southampton - like Heathrow, Gatwick, etc - has had its share of fly-by-night parking operators.

Thanks that's the sort of thoughts I was after.

The website said they did self park where we take the keys with us, the quote I got back confirmed that. Valet parking is not something Hubby will allow.

We are more than happy to park a distance away and be shuttled to the port.

• 1 month later...

We have tried all the options and because we don't live far from Southampton taxi is a viable option. Having said that ACP struck me as very efficient with their premises being newly renovated so for me is the preferred option. They shuttle you in and so far all the staff have been very friendly. I also don't like the idea of someone driving my car to an unknown destination

Valet parking is not something Hubby will allow.

We are more than happy to park a distance away and be shuttled to the port.

Usually I'd agree with you cos you don't know whether the car will end up on some village public carpark, in a field, or used for a minicab service.

But you can be sure that's not the case with CPS. A thoroughly professional organisation, I think the valet parking is to make best use of their (secure) parking facility adjacent the terminal - they can park cars for the same cruise bumper-to-bumper rather than the wasted space of a regular carpark layout. Your car will be driven just a couple of hundred yards.

Alternatively parking at Marchwood, on the opposite side of Southampton Water. That's secure & self-park, then minibus shuttle to / from the ship. Most reckon that price-wise the saving vs ABP or CPS is worth the grief for a two week cruise, but not just one week

Available thro Holiday Extras