WiFi calling with Verizon

wlbox

I wondered about this also. Did some googling.

I would definitely check this out, because it's over a year old information. Again VERIFY WHAT I'M SAYING, would hate to have you incur a large bill.

Prior to going on the cruise download the google talk application for sending text messages and phone calls.

You just go to wifi settings turn it on/ find princess name.

Then under internet.princess.com

Once connected, use the google talk app to make a phone call using the internet

Hopefully there are some folks who can debunk my info or verify it, or share their experience. By the way, iPhone or Android, that might change the information on how you go about this.

Counting down the days.

I haven't use WiFi calling on a ship. Mostly because I rarely make phone calls. I have, however, used it on land and it was indistinguishable from calling in the normal manner. I "believe" it will work on the ship as I see no reason that it wouldn't work. As long as you are connected to WiFi and to the Internet I think it should work fine. I mean to test it out but may, once again, flake out on the test. Like I said above, I rarely make phone calls. If my wife or I make any calls from the ship we will most definitely be trying to use WiFi calling and, as I said above, I have no reason to think it won't work - other than the truly crappy Internet connectivity. I would suggest finding a spot with a solid WiFi connection and do it there rather than doing it while wandering the ship. I tend to lose WiFi frequently when wandering around.

You simply have to get on the ship's WiFi with the usual logon procedures including password. Once you are finished with the call always be sure to logoff the ship WiFi or pay the cost of keeping it active on your cell phone. You can only logon the WiFi from one device at a time.

I wondered about this also. Did some googling.

I would definitely check this out, because it's over a year old information. Again VERIFY WHAT I'M SAYING, would hate to have you incur a large bill.

Prior to going on the cruise download the google talk application for sending text messages and phone calls.

You just go to wifi settings turn it on/ find princess name.

Then under internet.princess.com

Once connected, use the google talk app to make a phone call using the internet

Hopefully there are some folks who can debunk my info or verify it, or share their experience. By the way, iPhone or Android, that might change the information on how you go about this.

Counting down the days.

One thing to add, Log Out when done. So many people forget and suck up all their minutes. I have not used this system, but I have used Skype to make calls to a land or cell phone at 8 cents a minute.

I have Verizon and used wifi calling on the Caribbean in January. Worked fine. Only made a short call but no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To add to what I said earlier: The advice to logout is important. I used Verizon Wifi calling while logged on to the Princess internet and was very careful about logging out. After logging out I would always pull up a blank page in Safari and type in logout.com just to double check. It is very easy to forget to logout while using the phone. I did a couple of cruises ago and blew through the rest of the minutes in my account. Lucky for me that I was close to the end and lost only about 40" but it still was a loss that didn't need to happen. One gets used to using princess@sea intranet which is free but costs $$$ when you log onto the internet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used WiFi calling with AT&T on the Coral Princess Panama Cruise.

We had 500 "free" minutes and used almost all of that time with kids and grands. No Problems.

Good to know. Thanks. Next cruise is Alaska on Coral and will try wifi calling using ATT. I guess on shore since Alaska is part of the USA, calls are per your plan (for us free).

Good to know. Thanks. Next cruise is Alaska on Coral and will try wifi calling using ATT. I guess on shore since Alaska is part of the USA, calls are per your plan (for us free).

Coral is trying out unlimited plans on the Coral and the Grand Princess.

Check out this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608774