42-day atlantic adventurer

TraelorMex

Hi all.

We are considering this cruise come Oct 19 2012. Would those who have perhaps taken this cruise please chime in as to what we can expect? I am guessing that there are great sites to visit in Morocco (casbah??) and other wonderful shopping venues. Any help with MUST SEES is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

We did this trip last October, and had an absolutely wonderful time. Every port was great, the weather was for the most part perfect (the odd rainy day in europe) the crew fabulous, and we did not want it to end. Lots of special culinary treats onboard, excellent series of speakers, etc. Would do this trip again in a heartbeat, and actually, we are thinking of repeating next year. Enjoy, I am sure you will.

We did a transatlantic last fall too on the Maasdam and loved every bit of it. Different ports but essentially the same part of the world. Loved that cruise. And the 7 days at sea went by in a eye blink because of the good onboard activities. We like to read and attend lectures, got a lot of movies watched and them make teatime our midday ritual break. Wonderful trip. We too would do it again in a heart beat. (Except we are doing some others, but now the longer the cruise, the better for us.)

Edited by SwissMyst

Hi all.

We are considering this cruise come Oct 19 2012. Would those who have perhaps taken this cruise please chime in as to what we can expect? I am guessing that there are great sites to visit in Morocco (casbah??) and other wonderful shopping venues. Any help with MUST SEES is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Go to the HAL Roll Call

Lots of info.

Hope to see you at M&G.

Hi all.

We did a similar trip in November on the Rotterdam, please enjoy the video's of various [ports

Latest cruise video of the Rotterdam 12 day Ancient Discoveries Oct. 2011 visiting; Athens, Piraeus, Rhodes and Gythios in Greece, The Pyramids of Cairo Egypt, Jerusalem, the Sea of Galilee & Nazareth in Israel, Ephasus Turkey and Rome Italy

MV Rotterdam Spanish Charms 15 day Cruise highlights Nov.2011 sailing from Rome Italy to Corsica France, Barcelona-Cartagena-Malaga Spain, Tangier Morocco, Funchal Portugal and Fort Lauderdale USA.

I was on the Atlantic Adventurer last October. (It was 45 days long last year.) It was wonderful! I may do it again. The Maasdam is my favorite ship. It is smaller and the crew is outstanding. There was always something going on on sea days, especially the "crossings." Lecturers, cooking lessons, book discussion group. I made some good friends on that trip, and I hope you will too.:)

Thank you to all who responded. I have contacted my T/A. This deal seems really just too good to be true. Price is about 50 bux per day per person (inside)! Best of all, no white-knuckle 8 hour flights! Can't wait till Oct 19.

Thank you to all who responded. I have contacted my T/A. This deal seems really just too good to be true. Price is about 50 bux per day per person (inside)! Best of all, no white-knuckle 8 hour flights! Can't wait till Oct 19.

Could you please tell a little more about the price for this cruise. From all I can see, the price looks to be about double your figure.

Thanks a lot, Scott & Karen

Could you please tell a little more about the price for this cruise. From all I can see, the price looks to be about double your figure.

Thanks a lot, Scott & Karen

You are correct. Was looking at wrong row of figures. Math works out to $73.00 p/p p/d. Still way below what we normally hope to pay :)

You are correct. Was looking at wrong row of figures. Math works out to $73.00 p/p p/d. Still way below what we normally hope to pay :)

I checked HAL web and multiple on line TA's and the best rate I found is app $3800, which is $90 per day per person. $73.00 is a rate of app $3100, can we have a clearer explanation? Know mentioning specific TA is not allowed, however this is a very large difference. Thanks.

I checked HAL web and multiple on line TA's and the best rate I found is app $3800, which is $90 per day per person. $73.00 is a rate of app $3100, can we have a clearer explanation? Know mentioning specific TA is not allowed, however this is a very large difference. Thanks.

You are correct....which is why we jumped at this cruise. The basic fare was taken from a HAL 'mariner' special promotion mailing received about two weeks ago. T/A spiced up the deal with their own promo's etc (free specilay resturaunts etc along with nice price reduiution.) Comes to exactly 73 pd pp. This isnt the best deal we've ever received on a HAL cruise but it is in the ballpark :)

• 4 years later...

We did a similar route once and here is what we did:

SORRENTO: just walk around in the hillside town, see the lovely orange gardens and views, eat

PALMA: take the commuter train Petra to the birthplace of Father Junipero Serra, founder of the California missions

CAGLIARI - take the train to Orestano - lovely little small town, good view of the country side - time your trains carefully - Trenitalia website.

LISBON - follow Rick Steve's advice, take the old trolley, walk the hills by the dock if you dock directly in town, enjoy a glass of port

FUNCHAL: arrange taking a "levada" hike - the ancient water distribution system trails

TANGIER: shorex to a casbah town a bout an hour away - less commercial and touristed than this similar area in Tangier itself

CADIZ: take train to Seville, terminal fairly close to the ship, be the first ones off to make the timing work

BARCELONA: just walk and enjoy all the old neighborhoods off Las Ramblas up to Playa Catalayna- the Boca Market for tapas and track the smaller architectural works of Gaudi, not necessarily only La Sagrada Familia main church

Edited by OlsSalt