Mom looking for Eurodam cruise

kasi1979

Hi,

as a first time mom but multiple cruiser I´m looking to take my Family on our first cruise together.

As our daughter will be about 10 month old at time of sailing we don´t want to travel too far. I´ve found the Eurodam Norway and Highlands cruise and like the schedule.

We´ve cruised twice with HAL in the past but never with a child.

Does HAL provide Pack & Plays or cribs for the little ones?

Eurodam does not have the self Service laundry, how much is laundry aboard? Travelling with my child will mean we´ll Keep the laundry People busy.

I know about service charges, flexible dining times, what else to Keep in mind?

Thanks.

You can have laundry done by the piece (frightfully expensive), by the bag (last I knew, $26 per bag when in Europe), or unlimited ($9 x number of days in cruise when in Europe). With an infant, the unlimited will be put to good use.

Just put whatever you have that day in the bag, and send it out. If you need to send laundry more than once a day, do it!

Sorry, I can't help with your other questions.

I am fairly certain they do have pack and plays. When we boarded the Noordam in November one was put in our stateroom by accident. Either that or the previous passengers accidentally left it behind. Enjoy the Eurodam. My DH and I sail on her for the first time later this year.

We took our oldest on his first cruise at 10 months, too! He was the only one on the ship under 19:)

I just posted a lot (too much?!?) of advice about sailing on HAL with little ones on another thread begun by SandRaven. You will likely find some of it useful if you want to check it out. Before you sail, contact ship services and request a pack and play. We did this and brought our own PNP sheet as we were not comfortable having a giant standard sheet tucked into the PNP.

Best of luck!

p.s. I already said it in the thread mentioned above, but RuthC is right....every mom deserves the unlimited laundry package!!

• 1 month later...

Just another question.

On past HAL cruises we enjoyed the restaurants with covercharge.

Depending on how our daughter behaves herself in the MDR,

so if all goes well, is a baby welcomed in the restaurants?

I don´t think I´d feel comfortable with her in the Pinnacle Grill, but would we be allowed to bring her to Canaletto?

I rarely reply to threads but thought I might. Why don't you do a Disney cruise? Your questions you asked are already making the cruise less than enjoyable. A 10 month old won't even know he/she is on a cruise. Leave your child at home or do something child related. well behaved children are welcome anywhere so that shouldn't be a problem but you will be limited on your activities.

Disney maybe an option, but if I had a very young child, I'd choose HAL.

HAL ships are quiet. Disney ships (according to friends who have sailed on them with their families) tend to be loud, which is understandable considering who is onboard. I wouldn't want my 10 mo. old around a lot of noise and activity; it only adds to the stress (hers and mine).

The OP has found an itinerary she likes, and knowing HAL's staff and how family oriented they are, she and her daughter will be in good hands. :)

Last week my (previously mentioned 10 month old;)) seven year old took me on a date to Cannalleto. We noticed another family there with a sweet baby who looked to be around 8-10 months old. She was definitely very welcome!

I know they charge for kids now in the specialty restaurants, but hopefully would not charge for kids under two (or something similar).

HAL is great for kids and families, you will be very welcome!

Edited by HALrunner
:)