Best transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Port please

PromoLaine

When I look up SAS Transportation online their website says they don't service Miami only Ft. Lauderdale. We need to arrange multi point transfers, FLL to South Beach hotel for 1 night, from South Beach hotel to Miami port and then from Miami port to FLL. We've considered Uber but open to other options. We had a great experience last time with a company several years ago, but I can't recall the name and also there were 4 of us, so I'm not sure if it would be beneficial. Advice??

The only service SAS could not provide is transportation from your Miami hotel to the Port of Miami. Uber might be your best choice there.

SAS is fine (30 for a couple as stated) and we used them for years with no issues (alternative to the 80 dollar plus cab rides.

We now use Uber. The convenience of a dedicated driver leaving when you want to is well worth the 38 bucks or so for the ride.

We have never waited more than 10 minutes for a car even at port when arriving. I do not recall any 'surge pricing' coming or going.

Again SAS was (is) fine but if I can have my own car instead of waiting for a van of 11 people making unknown stops I will gladly pay the extra few bucks. JMHO

Uber would be good.

If you want a private car where you can make the arrangements ahead of time try Larry's Limo at http://www.larryslimo.com

Keith

Agree with Keith with the Larry’s Limo suggestion..dependable and reasonably priced ..have used many times and always 100% satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree.

We used to use SAS from FLL to downtown Miami hotels the night before our cruises but they did add restrictions on how late this trip could be made (believe they stopped service after 4 or 5 PM). Just something to keep in mind.

SAS is such a solid business, I would like to patronize them but Uber X with current pricing just makes lSAS) less viable.

We used to use SAS from FLL to downtown Miami hotels the night before our cruises but they did add restrictions on how late this trip could be made (believe they stopped service after 4 or 5 PM). Just something to keep in mind.

SAS is such a solid business, I would like to patronize them but Uber X with current pricing just makes lSAS) less viable.

That's because your trip originated from FLL. SAS will not drive from FLL, pick you up at a Miami hotel and then take you to the POM.

We used SAS last Sunday from POM to FLL. We have used them before with no problem, however this time I felt they had stretched resources to the limit with all the drivers flat out and waits of over an hour for pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking at sas, do they ring you up or email confirmation they will pick you up?

Tge Web site does not seem to have an email address.

How does uber work, do you pre book or do it on the day just before you need them?, how do you get a price?

I asume I need to regiter an account, hiw is the driver paid?

That's because your trip originated from FLL. SAS will not drive from FLL, pick you up at a Miami hotel and then take you to the POM.

That is understood and not what we did. We used SAS from FLL to Miami hotel the night before our cruise and took a cab to the POM the next day. Oftentimes we would be the only couple driven to Miami in these previous evening trips. To SAS' credit they never shirked from these trips which could not have been profitable. However, SAS (understandably) started to enforce an earlier cut off time for this (FLL to Miami hotel evening run) and it was no longer convenient for us to use them because our flights came in later than the cut off.

Heading out on the Equinox on December 30 and flying into Fort Lauderdale. Any ideas on transportation to the port of Miami? We arrive at around 8:30 in the morning so have plenty of time. Looking for an idea on cost as well. Also - once we return we need to rent a car to make the drive back to Jacksonville. Flights that day are limited and we need to be back to Jacksonville for an event that Saturday. What car rental agencies are available in the Port itself. Thanks so much for your feedback my friends!

Regards,

Elaine[/quote

Uber and Lyft are about $45-50 from FLL to the Miami port. If you need a larger vehicle UberX and Lyft Plus will run about $90.

Thanks for all the excellent feedback on transportation. I'm looking for transportation from the Port of Miami to Port Everglades. When we arrive in Miami we are going out again same day from Port Everglades. Does anyone know if SAS or Jiffy Jeff will do this?

Thanks for all the excellent feedback on transportation. I'm looking for transportation from the Port of Miami to Port Everglades. When we arrive in Miami we are going out again same day from Port Everglades. Does anyone know if SAS or Jiffy Jeff will do this?

SAS will.

We are looking at sas, do they ring you up or email confirmation they will pick you up?

Tge Web site does not seem to have an email address.

How does uber work, do you pre book or do it on the day just before you need them?, how do you get a price?

I asume I need to regiter an account, hiw is the driver paid?

The email for SAS is ridesas@aol.com.

To use Uber, you need to add their app to your smartphone and connect a credit card to that app. When you order the car, you'll see a price and how long it will take the driver to arrive.

We sailed on the Equinox out of Miami last month. It was much less expensive for us to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Lauderdale hotels were also much cheaper. A group of us from our roll call all booked the same hotel near the FLL. I arranged a van from SAS to pick everyone up at the same hotel and take us to Port of Miami. Because we were a group, we were only charged $13 per person and since we were all picked up and dropped off at the same place, we didn't have to make any stops on the way. At the end of the cruise, we had another van pick us up at Port of Miami and take us to FLL, also only $13 per person.

They were very easy to work with and very prompt.