Seattle taxi to Pier

TheCalicoCat

I will be returning my rental car to the Airport the morning of my cruise departure & I'm going to assume that Taxi is probably the easiest method of transport to Pier 91.

Is Pier 91 all that I need to tell the cabbie? or should I be prepared with the street address?

Any idea of the cost of a taxi ride from SeaTac to Pier 91? (Time frame of the ride on a Monday?)

I will be returning my rental car to the Airport the morning of my cruise departure & I'm going to assume that Taxi is probably the easiest method of transport to Pier 91.

Is Pier 91 all that I need to tell the cabbie? or should I be prepared with the street address?

Any idea of the cost of a taxi ride from SeaTac to Pier 91? (Time frame of the ride on a Monday?)

Since the airport is so far from the pier you might want to take a private car or prearranged shuttle instead. I would think on a Monday you could get caught up in bad commute traffic and the fare on a cab meter could be quite pricey You might also want to look into UBER

We had a private driver for the three of us a couple years ago and it worked out well. I can't recall the name of the service. Maybe Seattle Express??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since the airport is so far from the pier you might want to take a private car or prearranged shuttle instead. I would think on a Monday you could get caught up in bad commute traffic and the fare on a cab meter could be quite pricey You might also want to look into UBER

We had a private driver for the three of us a couple years ago and it worked out well. I can't recall the name of the service. Maybe Seattle Express??

Thanks, the shuttle does sound like it would be more reasonable.

Several rental agencies have downtown locations. If you can return there, less expensive taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Follow-up question if you don't mind.

I'm using Budget, would from SeaTac to a downtown location be considered a 1 way rental or round trip? (I've heard that 1 way rentals are more expensive, which is why I was planning on returning the car to the airport.)

Yes, I will ask Budget as well, but CC is so helpful & you CCers have many other ideas that I hadn't considered.

Just checked my old email From 2014. We used Shuttle Express, prepaid via Internet. We had a private driver, nice SUV for three of us. He was an awesome driver who knew which routes to avoid to keep us from sitting in traffic on I 5 for TWO hours, he took us the roundabout way, which was so picturesque. However, that private ride was $74, prepaid, plus we gave him a nice gratuity, also. To us this was well worth it, considering that s cab meter can keep running and running.

We in the past have also taken the light rail from the airport to our downtown hotel, but it was challenging with a lot of luggage. But you are not staying downtown, so that wouldn't be an option anyway.

Also, we booked Shuttle Express to pick us up directly from the Hampton Inn to take us to Pier 91, $12 pp, and that was based on a share ride price.

As I recall, you can always simply take Shuttle Express from the airport without a prior reservations. However, I recall some people having issues with this, since the shuttle driver might wait until that shuttle is full before departing the airport.

Some have reported waits as long as an hour and a half before departing. Not saying it would happen, just saying it could happen. This is why I am a strong advocate for paying a little more and having a straight forward, least stressful experience possible

After many years of traveling, I've learned that we either pay a good price for comfort or struggle through a good value [emoji6]

Edited by 4cats4me

After many years of traveling, I've learned that we either pay a good price for comfort or struggle through a good value [emoji6]

Truer words have never been spoken. Thanks for the response & advice. (I've added "contact Shuttle Express" to my to do list.)

I highly recommend AJ Towncar Services while in Seattle. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone but I know he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website that I just looked up. http://www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Tell him his friend from San Diego....Charlene....says helllooooo

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

• 8 months later...
I highly recommend AJ Towncar Services while in Seattle. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone but I know he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website that I just looked up. www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Tell him his friend from San Diego....Charlene....says helllooooo

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

I just spoke to someone with a heavy accent and booked online. He said $75 flat rate to Pier 91 from airport in an SUV. Do I need to request AJ or are any of the drivers good you have had?

you may wish to look at renting from downtown vs seatac. why do you even need a car in Seattle? Most downtown rentals would allow you to drop at seatac but not sure if vice versa. Budget has an office right downtown. National, Alamo have a shuttle from the pier, so I'd call them direct not the 800#. Look on tripadvisor seattle forum on top right you will see a list of top questions including Cruises from Seattle.

A town car to pier 91 is about 60 and the same or less than a cab.

also look at

seattleexpress.com

cheaper than shuttle express.

Per the Uber Fare Estimation Website:

SeaTac Airport,<-> Pier 91 $37-38 $37-48 $79-104

Also from the SeaTac Airport <-> Pier 91: eberSELECT $60-79

and UberSUV $95-123

These prices were obtained from the uber.com website pages on 1 Jun 2016.

Taxi rates from Pier 91 to SeaTac are flat rated at $40 for 1-2 people. Rate from SeaTac to Pier 91 is not flat rated and will probably run in the $45-50 range.

Alamo, National, & Enterprise have a downtown office at 1301 6th Avenue and I believe they will provide free transportation to Pier 91 after you turn in your car there. You might give them a call if you're renting from one of them. The phone numbers are (206) 292-9770 for Alamo & National and (206) 382-1051 for Enterprise.

Cost for Shuttle Express is for Sea-Tac Airport to/from Piers / $44 per person, round trip (I believe it's $22 for a 1-way)

Shuttle Express Info:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

Phone: (425) 981-7000 or (888) 787-8598

Cost for Seattle Express starts at *$13.00 per person; up to $18 per person one-way or $30.00 per person round-trip. *Save $5.00 per person with early or late bird promo code (available on checkout page of website.) NOTE: Seattle Express does NOT pick up at SeaTac but does drop off at SeaTac. They pick up only at hotels.

Seattle Express Info: http://www.seattleexpress.com/21501.html or

EMAIL: mattseattleexpress@yahoo.com

Phone: (206) 793-8430

Hope this helps.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

In Chicago I was told NOT to rent a car because parking was so high ( and it was!) so we worked out our tour route via the EL Train...Not only did it cost only 60 bucks for the three of us for three days of traveling around Chicago ..it was kind of a fun way to see different areas. Apparently parking is just as costly in Seattle. I thought about trying to get from SEATAC to a HOTEL Near the port so we could shuttle over to the port the next day. Do all of the cruise lines go out of Pier 91. I keep seeing that a lot.

In Chicago I was told NOT to rent a car because parking was so high ( and it was!) so we worked out our tour route via the EL Train...Not only did it cost only 60 bucks for the three of us for three days of traveling around Chicago ..it was kind of a fun way to see different areas. Apparently parking is just as costly in Seattle. I thought about trying to get from SEATAC to a HOTEL Near the port so we could shuttle over to the port the next day. Do all of the cruise lines go out of Pier 91. I keep seeing that a lot.

Most of the lines do go out of Pier 91. Crystal, Oceania, Seabourne, and Norwegian normally go out of Pier 66 while Princess, Holland, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival normally go out of 91. Occasionally for whatever reason, one of the lines will go out of the pier other than their normal one but that is usually for a stop at Seattle that is an en-route port stop and not for one that is an originating or ending port.

Tom