5 or 7 day cruise

Julesn6

We are wanting to do either a 5 or 7 day cruise with 2 adults and 4 children. Can you help with which one is best—5 or 7 day??

I would pick the 7 day cruise and i believe your children would too after getting involved in Club Ocean. 7 days is a perfect length, just as you get in the swing of things on a shorter cruise it is time to leave. When we cruised with our children we found day 4, 5 & 6 are days of relaxation.

Enjoy your cruise and have fun with your family.

We picked a 5 night cruise, but will be staying in a hotel the night before...so 6 nights total away from the kids (16, 17, 22). This will be our first cruise and our first time away from the kids for more than a night. I was concerned about being away for long and worried about not liking the cruise & being stuck. I also compared prices and knew that a balcony cabin was a must for us and the price of the 7 day was a little more than I wanted to spend. So I'm happy with our 5 night choice but hubby & I are already talking about taking the whole family on a 7 day after our youngest graduates from high school.

I've been on 8 cruises & 7 were 6 days or less...

3 & 4 days are fine if you're looking for a party or long weekend fun- which I was for a while. 5 days isn't bad. If you do a 5 day that includes mostly weekdays, it doesn't feel too party. 6 days made my kids declare "6 days or more only!" 7 days was absolutely fantastic. My next is 8 days & I cant wait.

I'll take any length I can afford financially & vacay time-wise. But for a family trip 6+ is best. If you can only swing 5, you're still going to be fine.

I'd always book the longer cruise when possible!! The hotel and flight costs are the same, so why not squeeze in a few extra days at sea for what's usually a relatively nominal cruise fare increase??

Our very first family cruise I chose a 5 day because I was worried someone in the family might be prone to sea sickness and I didn't want to be stuck on a ship with sea sick kids for a week plus. After that trip we realized no one gets sea sick at all, so for our family cruises, we always choose 7 or 8 day sailings now, and even then the kids are complaining as we're disembarking that they don't want to leave the ship, lol.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Forums mobile app

I prefer 7 day but sometimes our travel folks want to do shorter ones. I always book a 7 day in the summer so now to satisfy my addiction, I have found that a five day combined with a four day within 30 days will suffice. Lol. Last year I made it happen, I had one 7 day, one 5 day and a 4 day. I like 7 day because you can really relax, spend the first day or so running around doing activities, then one rest day, another port day to get off the ship and another sea day to enjoy cruising. That last day is always sad for me. We did find an 8 day cruise a few years ago. Maybe one day I will do a back to back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When DW and I started cruising again after we had kids and became empty nester's we booked a 5 day cruise vs 7 day. Though we had a very good time, we realized it would have been better to opt for 2 more days since we had to pay for a hotel and R/T airfare (cost was the same). If we lived closer to the ports and could drive, we might go for a 5 day but at present, 7 or more days is now our preference.