Soda and more

Nan_Sea

Can anyone tell me the price of a soda or juice? I know there is no charge for juice at breakfast but later in the day there is a charge. I am wondering how many drinks one would need to order to make the package worth the price.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me the price of a soda or juice? I know there is no charge for juice at breakfast but later in the day there is a charge. I am wondering how many drinks one would need to order to make the package worth the price.

Thanks

I can only talk about Aus prices but the percentages would be similar.

Package $7

Soda $2.25

Mocktail $5

Shake $2.75

Not sure about juice sorry, but as you can see only a couple of drinks a day to be in front.

The package is more about convenience then working out the break even point.

Some prices including the 15% grat.

Canned soda US$2.30

Fresh Squeezed OJ US$3.45

Other juices are probably less then fresh squeezed

Alcohol Free Cocktails US$6.33

Fountain soda prices vary depending on size. Not all sizes are available in all locations. Believe the price for a medium fountain is right around US$2.25

For information the soda & more package can not be used at Princess Cays.

I consider the Soda and More package to be the best value onboard. I gave it a try once on a short cruise and it more than paid for itself. $8.05 per day (including gratuities) is extremely inexpensive. Have two mocktails a day and you are ahead.

It is a great deal for non drinkers or kids because it does include the mocktails. We always will treat our kids to it on Princess. But we don't do Bottomless Bubbles on Carnival because they are not soda drinkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you drink a soda at lunch and dinner, and have a mocktail in the afternoon while relaxing at the Piazza, or just after arriving from a shore excursion, it already pays off the cost of the package. Aside from juice, it also includes hot chocolate.

I can only talk about Aus prices but the percentages would be similar.

Package $7

Soda $2.25

Mocktail $5

Shake $2.75

Not sure about juice sorry, but as you can see only a couple of drinks a day to be in front.

Hello, is that the $8.05 AUD package? And, by shakes, do you mean milkshakes and did that include OJ. Sorry, lots of questions, I'm going on just a little cruise, out on a Wednesday, back on a Sunday. I would think you would have to buy it for the whole cruise, but do they include the last day when you more or less just get up, eat brecky and leave as an actual day.

Thanks

Hello, is that the $8.05 AUD package? And, by shakes, do you mean milkshakes and did that include OJ. Sorry, lots of questions, I'm going on just a little cruise, out on a Wednesday, back on a Sunday. I would think you would have to buy it for the whole cruise, but do they include the last day when you more or less just get up, eat brecky and leave as an actual day.

Thanks

Yes for the whole cruise, the $8.05 on the web site is wrong, it an ongoing problem $7 onboard. And it's charged per night.

The shakes (milk or thick) are only on the ships with a scoops ice cream bar, not those that have swapped to NZ iceCream.

Seems some inconsistency about it being offered on those short four day cruises.

Yes for the whole cruise, the $8.05 on the web site is wrong, it an ongoing problem $7 onboard. And it's charged per night.

The shakes (milk or thick) are only on the ships with a scoops ice cream bar, not those that have swapped to NZ iceCream.

Seems some inconsistency about it being offered on those short four day cruises.

Thank you, so if its a 4 night cruise, even though it's 5 days, in theory, it's 7 x 4 =$28. Yep its the Sea Princess and she doesn't have soft serve any more, only NZ Ice-cream, for a charge of course.

Really confused now, were you on Princess recently? Their websites says the alcoholic package is not available on cruises in AU/NZ waters of 7 days or less, and this seems right as its not an option on my booking. It doesn't say anything about the availability of the Soda package. The prices of the Soda package is $8.05 on the main page, $9.05 if I try to book it ahead via my booking number, but seems to be $7 AU onboard. Very inconsistent aren't they .

Edited by reedy8
grammatical error