Cam of the Day

just looked at a photo theirs is forward of the bum of the ship looks weird there but it is still a trolley handle just in wrong spot lol that would be different i like the ones right at the back as you get a good view of the wake of the ship i know you would still see it but there would also be ship in the view if that makes sense
Yes not quite at the very rear but still a nice area, without getting too much shade over the rear pool areas.

Diamond Princess also had one.

Diamond and Sapphire never had a "shopping trolley" stern. They were both built in Japan and were along the same lines as the Grand Class ships but had Skywalkers built further forward , thus leaving the stern open and sunny.

Just out of interest heres a Youtube clip from when they removed the "trolley handle" from Grand.

Diamond and Sapphire never had a "shopping trolley" stern. They were both built in Japan and were along the same lines as the Grand Class ships but had Skywalkers built further forward , thus leaving the stern open and sunny.

Just out of interest heres a Youtube clip from when they removed the "trolley handle" from Grand.

That is what I had meant and clarified it in a later post, I think it is the better design as it has the skywalkers appeal without the shadows over the rear decks.

• 5 weeks later...
Did you see where there were two rockfalls on the Skagway dock in August and September, David? They had to rearrange where ships had to dock/tender.

I wonder if any couldn't dock at the time.

Found this article on the rock slide.Looks like some cruise ships had to divert away from Skagway.. Also interesting to note that the dock is privatetly owned.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/09/05/skagway-rocked-by-second-landslide-in-under-2-weeks/

Found this article on the rock slide.Looks like some cruise ships had to divert away from Skagway.. Also interesting to note that the dock is privatetly owned.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/09/05/skagway-rocked-by-second-landslide-in-under-2-weeks/

Thanks David. I knew that the railroad company owned the dock, which explained why the trains ran right out on to the dock.

I read an article about a local who climbed up above the landslip after the first rockslide and he reported the danger of further rock slides. There was mention of possibility of a tsunami, following a major rockslide, which got my attention.

The last cruise ships of the season seem to have been a week later than when we were at Skagway.

Very convenient the train coming alongside the ship in Skagway for the White Mountain ride. Did it whilst on Carnival Spirit in 2006. Highly recommended is the White Mountain Railway, spectacular.:p

Nice pictures young David.

Very convenient the train coming alongside the ship in Skagway for the White Mountain ride. Did it whilst on Carnival Spirit in 2006. Highly recommended is the White Mountain Railway, spectacular.:p

Nice pictures young David.

We did the train up to the top pass which was spectacular and then got a bus back down to Liarsville. We also had a salmon bake along with some gold panning (got real nuggets worth around $10 each) and a few other places of interest before a tour of the Red Onion Saloon with beverages. Great day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Emerald Princess is in Bora Bora today, Current cruise is a 28 day South Pacific ex Los Angeles rtn

26_em_bora_bora.jpg

image upload free direct link

Thank you, David. Bora Bora is a not to be missed port when considering a trans Pacific cruise. I know there are a lot of sea days on circle cruises, from LAX to Tahiti. How do the number of sea day on circle cruises compare from Australia?