Printing airline boarding pass post cruise

Allycat2017

Yes but if you are flying SW it has to be 24 hours before flight going by time at airport not ships time

Which makes it well worth it to us to pay the $15.00 early check in fee on the return home flight.

Can you put 2 boarding passes on one phone??

When flying Southwest I do it all of the time. I use it for back up when DW and I fly together. We have never tried to use one phone with both passes when going through TSA so I don't know if they will accept that. Southwest will when boarding.

Or when you wake just log on and check in with your smart phone. No one seems to require printed passes anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Need to download airline app and it is great and simple

When flying Southwest I do it all of the time. I use it for back up when DW and I fly together. We have never tried to use one phone with both passes when going through TSA so I don't know if they will accept that. Southwest will when boarding.

I have used one phone for two boarding passes at TSA a couple of times in OAK. I save them to Photos rather than try to fumble with the app. They didn't have a problem with it there.

Welcome to the world of paying for your seat assignment...and carry on.......guess a lot of you haven't booked flights recently......check out United, Delta and American Basic economy.....

Southwest is looking better all the time........

Edited by land lover

Welcome to the world of paying for your seat assignment...and carry on.......guess a lot of you haven't booked flights recently......check out United, Delta and American Basic economy.....

You certainly have a point here- charges for everything popping up on every airline, it seems. Even business class on BA charges you extra if you want to book your exact seat way ahead of time- Business class!!!!

Edited by kmorg1234
clarification

You certainly have a point here- charges for everything popping up on every airline, it seems. Even business class on BA charges you extra if you want to book your exact seat way ahead of time- Business class!!!!

Business class you're kidding...me...if only......

We r flying economy out of LAX on BA(EZ air) to LHR in a few weeks and thankfully got our assignment ahead of time.....

My GF is flying American( via BA) EZair and went to get an assignment last week and was told she would have to pay thankfully she had her seat assignment already for her return on BA

and still with free 2 check-in luggage.

Dont even try yo get a boarding pass using ships internet. You will waste hours. Print it at the airport. Basic Economy? Why would you even consider it. You get what you pay for. Not for me. I am willing to pay more.

Simply "check in" on your phone, and PRINT the boarding pass when you get to the airport.

That's what I do. I really don't understand how printing my own boarding pass prior to going to the airport is a benefit to me. Believe me, I'm going to check my bag--I think it is so cool that the airlines actually pay people to schlep my bags around. So, taking a few extra seconds to print a boarding pass on one ot their terminals is no big deal. Yes, I do pay the extra $15 to Southwest. Between cruise fare, air fare, ground transportation, pre-cruise purchases and onboard fun things, that surcharge is a pretty small nit. Of course, with all the eyes that are now turning to Southwest in this thread, I can see that they will up that to $20-25 pretty soon.

:(

Oh well.

Dont even try yo get a boarding pass using ships internet. You will waste hours. Print it at the airport. Basic Economy? Why would you even consider it. You get what you pay for. Not for me. I am willing to pay more.

We usually fly Southwest - love the airline. We sit at the computer ready to click on the exact time for printing our boarding pass. The faster you check in the better position you get in boarding. We've never had a rough time printing our boarding passes on Princess. Carnival is another story.

Yes, I do pay the extra $15 to Southwest. Of course, with all the eyes that are now turning to Southwest in this thread, I can see that they will up that to $20-25 pretty soon.

It was just $10 when first introduced, so it has already been increased by 50%.

On Alaska Airlines, when we book a flight for two, both boarding passes come up on the Alaska Airline App on both of our phones.

Waiting to see if that happens. Booked a Delta flight using AA miles but Delta and AA have since dissolved their partnership. Delta changed my flight back from LAX to a crazy early flight and both Delta and AA say "so sorry" and tell me that there is no way to fix it because they are no longer partners. We have to try to make an 11:15 flight out of LAX. We will definitely have to insist on being among the first to disembark carrying our own luggage. I do have the AA app but, so far, it isn't showing our seats and I'm thinking it likely won't show our boarding passes either.

We have never had a SW flight that was not full. :confused:

It still happens occasionally. Rare, yes, however, it has happened 3 times out of my last 7 flights on Southwest in this last year.

OK, I will also admit that they were either on some less than popular routes or at odd times. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've read all the posts and I just want to make sure I have no need to worry.

Our ship won't be back in port until the morning of our flight. I did buy Early Bird so I am

hoping that means I am secured an early boarding time no matter

what time I check in.

Am I correct?

I check in when we fly on Southwest but don't bother to print the boarding passes. Whatever number we get stays the same and we can print them out when checking our luggage.

We were on Virgin Atlantic booked through Princess EZAir coming back from London last month. On Virgin, we could pick our seat assignments 72 hours before the flight. It took me around half an hour to sign both of us up for Virgin's flyer program and pick our seats. Thankfully I had plenty of my free 250 minutes left at that point in the cruise. If I had realized I needed to do that in order to reserve the seats, I would have done so before leaving. But we got very lucky--aisles seats for both of us (diagonally across from each other) with no one in the middle seats beside either of us. And the people sitting in front of us did not recline.