Anyone booking for 2019 ?

Host Hattie

Hi - What I was meant was couldn't find an eastward crossing that went NY - Canada - Iceland - Liverpool - Southampton.

OK, understood now. The only eastbound crossing I see in 2019 that is somewhat similar is on the Queen Elizabeth. From New York, that is voyage Q921B for 24 July-8 August 2019 (15 days). It offers two calls in Canada (Halifax, St Johns) and two calls in Iceland (Isafjordur, Reykjavik), but calls at Greenock and Dublin instead of Liverpool.

I was going to wait until we are on board Queen Elizabeth in November, but my mum wants one of the single cabins, which would be cheaper for her than a double inside with the supplement. The chance of a single cabin seems to out way the prospect of getting extra OBC for waiting. I am doing a TA in November 2018 so will have my ESTA in place and insurance for a US trip. Makes sense to do two in 12 months. :)

I was hoping to try the Victoria in 2019. (My husband is insisting on land vacations in 2018, and the fanciest piece of apparel I will wear will be a new pair of hiking boots!) I clicked on the Cunard email about the 2019 voyages the very day it arrived. I have to say I was disappointed, as others here have stated, that there are not many warm weather cruises. While I could be content in Northern Europe, I doubt I can convince my husband to join me. We live in Alaska, and when we vacation, he wants to thaw out! Maybe I can convince him, but probably I will have to wait and hope for warmer itineraries in 2020.

In the meantime, for those of you interested in the upcoming Alaska cruises, let me know if I can help you to learn about the ports of call.

Vanessa

My wife retires in 2018 and we booked the Queen Victoria World Cruise (2019) -- San Francisco to Southampton and we will disembark there and board the QM2 for the crossing to NYC. First time doing a WC segment for us.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Kel, That sounds totally awesome! How good of you to treat your retiring wife to such a splendid trip. I plan to retire in May, 2019, but there is no way I could cajole my husband into spending more than two weeks on a cruise ship, and even that would take some doing!

How long are your segments of the WC, when added all together? Have you ever done such a long cruise before? As much as I love Cunard, I am not sure I could spend more than a month on any cruise ship/liner. But I would be willing to give it a try!;)

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Kel, That sounds totally awesome! How good of you to treat your retiring wife to such a splendid trip. I plan to retire in May, 2019, but there is no way I could cajole my husband into spending more than two weeks on a cruise ship, and even that would take some doing!

How long are your segments of the WC, when added all together? Have you ever done such a long cruise before? As much as I love Cunard, I am not sure I could spend more than a month on any cruise ship/liner. But I would be willing to give it a try!;)

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Thanks WP!

This will be cruise number 67 for us, but the longest we have spent onboard is 21 days. We did 15 days on the QM2 once back in 2010. It will be a challenge, as the WC segment is 80 days + 7 days on the TA, but we are excited to get a "game plan" as there are several at sea days. :eek: My wife and I did 53 days together traveling the trains of Europe (Rick Steve's style) when we first met and we could have kept going longer, but that work thing always gets in the way.

We have had several heart to heart talks about -- "can we do this?" When it comes down to a new car or a world cruise -- we always go with the travel.

Enjoy!

Kel

Just booked the full 2019 World Cruise on the Queen Victoria.

I am trying to read about the recent upgrades during her short refit. Inter-active televisions?? Tea and coffee in the cabins :)

Hi Glojo,

This is exciting for you. Did we not meet on the 2014 world cruise? Hope you are well.

Hi Glojo,

This is exciting for you.well done

Did we not meet on the 2014 world cruise? ;)

We have booked for QM2.

21 days 14 th July.

Going to Liverpool Iceland, Canada.

Some new ports there for us . Sorry we will miss you this. Time. Regards to you and G. X

BTW we are nearer to you now. Moved to IOW.

Hi Glojo,

This is exciting for you.well done

Did we not meet on the 2014 world cruise? ;)

Might have done, might not have done :) :) Did we have fun, or did we have fun :)

Thanks for that nice email and we have replied.

Televisions are new but not interactive unfortunately.
Thanks Hattie, one day, one day perhaps Cunard will see that we are now in the 21st century and the technology that is out 'there' can be of significant benefit to both them and us :)

• 1 month later...

I’ve got my eye on the 21-day transatlantic round-trip that others have mentioned (M921A), but it’s a bit too early for me to make a decision and book. I’d love to do that trip though. It’s on my bucket list to sail into Liverpool (my home town) on Queen Mary, and to do a translatantic round-trip - this particular itinerary really appeals [emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve got my eye on the 21-day transatlantic round-trip that others have mentioned (M921A), but it’s a bit too early for me to make a decision and book. I’d love to do that trip though. It’s on my bucket list to sail into Liverpool (my home town) on Queen Mary, and to do a translatantic round-trip - this particular itinerary really appeals [emoji851]

I was considering that round trip as well - but I think we will book M929B for the round trip [NY-Southampton-Hamburg-Southampton-Le Harve-NY]

The eastbound crossing is also the National Symphony crossing - and that was quite nice this September.

I was considering that round trip as well - but I think we will book M929B for the round trip [NY-Southampton-Hamburg-Southampton-Le Harve-NY]

The eastbound crossing is also the National Symphony crossing - and that was quite nice this September.

The trouble is, there are so many superb itineraries and, for me, not enough time or money to do them all!

The trouble is, there are so many superb itineraries and, for me, not enough time or money to do them all!

Couldn't agree more. Keep buying lottery tickets in the hope of that big win and then the problem will be which cruise to do first and can I fit them all in :D

I can recommend the sail in and out of Liverpool. We were very lucky to do it twice and bring her sisters the second time !