Carry On or Check? Tips

Jwinsted

How do you find out in advance if there are theme nights on your sailing?

Cruise critic is a great resource for that and being able to review copies of the daily schedule from recent cruises that other members post to the forum.

You can also sometimes find out on the cruise lines website as well. Most cruise lines have similar theme nights across their fleet. But the theme nights do vary somewhat from cruise line to cruise line.

On our last cruise we sailed with 14 friends and family and all had matching costumes for the “yellow party”.

Have more than one type of identification on your luggage; carnival luggage tag plus a sturdier tag that won’t get torn off but has enough info they can track you down. And don’t worry about check in for luggage. A reasonable carry on with meds, electronics, valuables, slung over your shoulder is SO MUCH easier than wrasslin’ larger bags yourself. Enjoy cruising!

I pack light. On shorter cruises I have carried my luggage on. Usually, though, I check my bigger bag and board with just my carryon which carries essentials such as medications. I board in something I could wear to dinner (usually a nice shorts or capri outfit) the first night is casual in the MDR anyway. I do usually pack a bathing suit in my carry-on.