Escape! Feb 10-17 Trip Report & Review

MaryBethV

The spa balcony room came with a few upgraded amenities. There were two robes (I made use of mine all week, DH didn’t use his) and two pairs of slippers (which we didn’t see hiding in the corner of the closet under the robes until we were re-packing on the last day). In the bathroom there are small bottles of shampoo (OK), conditioner (adequate, but glad I brought a little of my own from home), and lotion (didn’t use) as well as a round bar of soap (didn’t use).

40418796892_40daa0b95d.jpg

In addition to these were the standard amenities in the bathroom. The hand soap in a wall dispenser was nice (and why we never used the bar of soap). There were also two dispensers in the shower - one with a combined shampoo/conditioner (would NOT work for my hair - I’d look like a Chia Pet all week with the humidity!) and body wash (does not lather/suds). For our next cruise in a non-spa cabin I will be bringing my own shampoo, conditioner, and maybe even body wash. DH doesn’t really care and will use whatever is there.

Anybody want to guess what wasn’t in our room?

That’s right - the scooter. UGH. A trip down to the Guest Services desk to inquire about it & they thankfully had it in a room right behind guest services and brought it out for us. SO, it ended up not being at either a kiosk or in our room. I’m pretty sure a scooter is a fairly common thing, but it seemed like a rare occurance to all the staff we encountered. Or maybe they think all cruisers know what they are doing and have dealt with this before… which obviously was not us. Ha!

Here it is in our room. We found that if we took the front basket off and pulled it straight in right up next to the counter/desk, then we could get the bathroom door to open fully. We could also easily get around it and out the main door into the hallway when we weren’t using it.

40418800952_d7a06fa87f.jpg

Our room steward… some of our luggage arrived within an hour or so and our room steward, Bristol, briefly introduced himself. He was very nice and was obviously incredibly busy. The first day I left a little note asking if we could possibly have some ice, an extra pillow, and an extra bath towel. That night we had ice (and 2x per day every day after), two extra pillows and two extra bath towels (which we also had all week). Our room was always neat and clean. Cute towel animals made us smile when we came back each evening as well. Bristol was always friendly when we saw him in the hallway and courteously moved his cart for us to get the scooter by on a couple of occasions. He ended up being one of our “cruise hero’s” (I couldn’t pick just one person, so I filled out a few of the cards) and we greatly appreciated how hard he worked to make our stay enjoyable.

Hi, was this a Handicap accessible cabin or just a regular balcony. I ask because we are going on the NCL Bliss in No. and I will be renting a scooter for the 2 weeks. Right now I'm not mobile at all but hope to be somewhat mobile by Nov. Is there room in a regular balcony to easily get around and keep the scooter.

Thanks, Bob

Hi, was this a Handicap accessible cabin or just a regular balcony. I ask because we are going on the NCL Bliss in No. and I will be renting a scooter for the 2 weeks. Right now I'm not mobile at all but hope to be somewhat mobile by Nov. Is there room in a regular balcony to easily get around and keep the scooter.

Thanks, Bob

This was a regular spa balcony cabin (not handicap accessible) - so I am assuming it is not any larger than a regular balcony cabin. :) The way we parked the scooter we were able to get around quite easily - though getting into the bathroom required a side-step. For us, it was better than putting the scooter in the middle of the room in front of the couch. Hope that helps!

Mary Beth,

Really loved your review and pictures. Thanks for posting. Do you have any more pictures or details of the Spa?

We are sailing the 14 night in January from NY and are in a spa balcony cabin.

I posted pretty much every photo I took in the spa... other than an attempt at photographing the snow room which didn't work. It is a great place - you'll love it. I recommend looking up "Norwegian Escape Spa" on YouTube for some video tours.

Really enjoyed your review! Love your style of writing! We are on the Escape in June to Bermuda and can't wait. We did the western Caribbean last May on the Escape and so far it's my favorite NCL ship.

Are you on her on the 10th?